January Reinforcements

sage

2 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Oh my- I do hope that after all this he doesn’t turn out to be another Bradley… 🤞 

If he fits in well he could make a big difference….

BUT I really wish we could bring in that much needed grafting central midfielder…

A German one to go with the Centre half ?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Is he any better than what we already have? 

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

Happy Friday everyone 🍻 is he any good 😂 

Who can say? On the transfer thread the 'joy' seems to revolve around paying a fee! 😄

Who will he replace?

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who can say? On the transfer thread the 'joy' seems to revolve around paying a fee! 😄

Who will he replace?

Barkhuizen hopefully.

Obviously if he stinks the joint out and isn't better than Barkz then questions should be asked.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That would make Warne sense as Barkhauzen has been scoring and assisting 

Overall play leaves a lot to be desired. Plus when the chips are down i have 0 confidence he'll come up trumps.

Ok to have in the squad and he does get on the score sheet but shouldn't be a regular for me.

Apart from the Peterborough wingers who would cost millions for any club, I would say CBT is definitely one of the best wingers in the league. A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Tranmere so went to a few games with him and you could tell CBT had talent but wasn’t the finished article. Stats wise he is having a quality season and I think he’s the kind of player Warne will get the best out of. Look how NML has been since the first few games and Barkhuzien has really hit form recently. 

What I’ve noticed recently in games is how we’ve been decent on the counter attack. For example, Birds run for the Barkhuzien goal against Fleetwood. Another goal on the counter is Barkhuzien’s goal against Leyton Orient. Apart from heading and kicking this league is very much counter attacking and he’s perfect for that. A very very good signing.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

No - we've already got a striker with a double barreled surname.

I might try and dig out my match-worn “Bridge-Wilkinson” shirt where his name’s so long it ends up on the sleeves to show you how it’s done!

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What has Barks done wrong exactly 🤔

I don't dislike the guy and he's good enough to be part of a successful league 1 squad and currently with his form arguably deserves to be starting. But if CBT signs and is as good as we hope then I can't see NML being the sacrificial lamb.

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I don't dislike the guy and he's good enough to be part of a successful league 1 squad and currently with his form arguably deserves to be starting. But if CBT signs and is as good as we hope then I can't see NML being the sacrificial lamb.

3 quality wide players in the match day squad, means one comes on 60-65 mins and is a nightmare for defenders. Hope we keep Barks, he is a confidence player and his recent goals will boost him.

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

3 quality wide players in the match day squad, means one comes on 60-65 mins and is a nightmare for defenders. Hope we keep Barks, he is a confidence player and his recent goals will boost him.

Totally agree with this, also barkhuizen has a great delivery on him only NML has more assists than him and He’s played double the minutes. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They would now need to average 2.5 points per game for the rest of the season (current average is only 1.15) to give them 80 points. It would also require Barnsley dropping from 1.88 ppg to 1.55, Stevenage from 1.77 to 1.7 and nonr of the other sides between themselves in 13th and the playoffs improving.
If the target was lowered to 75 points beign enough for 6th place, Barnsley's ppg would hav eto drop to 1.3. To put it another way, those 45 points over their next 20 games would be a better tally than anyone has managed over the last 20 games - both us and Peterborough have picked up 43.

Or to put it another way, it's not going to happen!