January Reinforcements

sage

Clarke-Harris is the player we need to go up automatically. If we sign him and Blackett- Taylor and perhaps another midfielder ( Brannagan, who has a release clause of £1 million ) to be financed by Cashin to Brighton with a loan back, not only will we have most posh hyphenated line up in League 1, we will be absolutely awesome.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Agree with this, if selling Cash meant getting 2/3 solid signings in and keeping him on loan would be great business 

If I was as confident in the disbursement of funds as you appear to be, I'd agree.

However, experience so far suggests we'd get one half-decent, one half-fit and one total has-been........

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Clarke-Harris is the player we need to go up automatically. If we sign him and Blackett- Taylor and perhaps another midfielder ( Brannagan, who has a release clause of £1 million ) to be financed by Cashin to Brighton with a loan back, not only will we have most posh hyphenated line up in League 1, we will be absolutely awesome.

If we signed  Blackett Taylor, Al Hamidi and Michael Mellon that would do it for me 

14 minutes ago, S8TY said:

If we signed  Blackett Taylor, Al Hamidi and Michael Mellon that would do it for me 

Can’t see us winning with three players because we’d need to sell the rest of the squad to pay for them 😊

I’d be happy with any one of those plus a strong midfielder and, if Cashin goes, a LCB.

10 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Can't see us spunking a million quid on anybody right now. Maybe next season if we go up. 

12 hours ago, S8TY said:

That's fair enough mate we all have opinions and I always think you make a lot of good fair comments, i just don't personally see enough in young Birdy to see what all the fuss is about but fair enough , have a lovely merry christmas ,,,,COYR 

I think he regularly looks a level above this division. Think he’s bulked up since he first broke into the team and isn’t lightweight anymore. He’s the midfielder I want to see on the half turn receiving the ball because I know there’s an excellent chance it goes forward effectively. 

11 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

JCH 16 matches 4 goals in the most attacking side in the division with the most goals of any side.

James Collins 21 matches 8 goals in our side. 

I get JCH ripped up the record books a while back but is it the same player? 
Remember Collins has a superb league 1 record too historically but some aren’t happy with him currently. 

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

JCH 16 matches 4 goals in the most attacking side in the division with the most goals of any side.

James Collins 21 matches 8 goals in our side. 

I get JCH ripped up the record books a while back but is it the same player? 
Remember Collins has a superb league 1 record too historically but some aren’t happy with him currently. 

How many of those 16 were as sub?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How many of those 16 were as sub?

166 mins per goal for Collins in the league

270 mins per goal for JCH in the league 

Why are we craving a striker who plays in a better attacking unit yet has a worse scoring rate than the bloke we’ve currently got? 

A case of the grass looking greener. He’ll sign, be another dud that we’ve signed after their peak for too much money and the cycle begins again. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Why are we craving a striker who plays in a better attacking unit yet has a worse scoring rate than the bloke we’ve currently got? 

A case of the grass looking greener. He’ll sign, be another dud that we’ve signed after their peak for too much money and the cycle begins again. 

@hintonsboots

15 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

The best we can hope for in January IMO... I think one of either Cash or Bird will have to be sacrificed to make a full-on promotion push. A front 3 of Mendez-Laing, Clarke-Harris and Blackett-Taylor... how much would it cost to have those on the back of a shirt?! 😃

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Not exactly a reinforcement as such, nor that unexpected, but nice timing non-the-less 🙂

It’s a really good bit of news that. Strengthens us for the rest of the season and for next. Nyambe is the kind of player who probably can step up to the Championship if we make it there and is the right age profile too. 

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Give my regards to Jacob Marley.

Really happy with this, it says we are doing something important right.

He would have been able to find another team after his performances for us, but staying says we have a set up and approach thats attractive to him, (and hopefully other players/recruits).

Getting the players we want to stay retained early is essential.