Updated Rams manager's win percentages

admira

3 minutes ago, admira said:

Post BC. Warne in 4th, better than Dave Mackay who won the league title, Rowett, Lampard, Cox, Smith, Davies, Clement.

Don't shoot me down but maybe he's getting unnecessary stick?

image.png.07e9c1add5b3e61e3f8aaf22e1fe08e9.png

Paul Warne gaining his wins in the 3rd division where as others around him played 1st or 2nd division teams. If he was managing the team in the league above I would understand it. But when you're not beat Stevenage and Cheltenham then it does throw these kind of stats into question.

20 minutes ago, admira said:

Post BC. Warne in 4th, better than Dave Mackay who won the league title, Rowett, Lampard, Cox, Smith, Davies, Clement.

Lights blue touch paper and runs....😉

What's the trend as time has gone on? Specifically, Feb onwards?

16 minutes ago, SSD said:

Paul Warne gaining his wins in the 3rd division where as others around him played 1st or 2nd division teams. If he was managing the team in the league above I would understand it. But when you're not beat Stevenage and Cheltenham then it does throw these kind of stats into question.

Let's flip the coin...

All other managers around him had much better players ready for the level they were playing at.

Along with the circumstances involved in the past 2 or so years that other managers also did not have then lets just see it as a positive.

As I said the other day, we can always look for a negative if you try hard enough.

5 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Let's flip the coin...

All other managers around him had much better players ready for the level they were playing at.

Along with the circumstances involved in the past 2 or so years that other managers also did not have then lets just see it as a positive.

As I said the other day, we can always look for a negative if you try hard enough.

Did they? Which ones had top 3-5 budgets in their league?

21 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Let's flip the coin...

The league table? The s*** football? 

Edited by RoyMac5

3 hours ago, SSD said:

What weighting factor would you apply to these stats to then factor in your point?

Whatever way you cut it that's the amount of games each manager has won during their tenures.

If you don't accept the findings then thats not a problem with the results themselves but yourself. 

3 hours ago, admira said:

How many are there in comparison in the third division? 

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

So… It should be 65%+ in order for PW to be considered successful and anything less is failure?

You've plucked that number from thin air, but if you're asking me whether he should be comfortably at the top of this table, then yes. Comparing him with managers that have managed in harder divisions is unhelpful. 

Never get why they use win % as a measurement surely it should be points per game. 

You could play 20 games win 9 draw 11 so get 38 points but win % 45% or play 20 win 10 lose 10 get 30 points but have 50% win ratio 

Still don’t think you can compare 3rd division results with first division results 

9 hours ago, admira said:

A few errors I spotted:

Liam Rosenior - 58.3%

Billy Davies - 44.9% (it was a 34.8% loss record)

Roy McFarland - managed for 2 spells. The 1st for just 9 games with a 44.4% win record, then a 2nd spell of 93 games with a 43.0% win record.

Terry Westley - 25%

Paul Jewell - 22.4%

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What weighting factor would you apply to these stats to then factor in your point?

Whatever way you cut it that's the amount of games each manager has won during their tenures.

If you don't accept the findings then thats not a problem with the results themselves but yourself. 

so you don't think that playing all his games against opposition he is almost always expected to beat will muddy the outcome somewhat?