Updated Rams manager's win percentages

admira

24 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

so you don't think that playing all his games against opposition he is almost always expected to beat will muddy the outcome somewhat?

It’s amazing when faced with stats people always spin to say why they don’t suit there argument. 

it’s all a game of yeah but no but yeah but. 

14 hours ago, admira said:

Post BC. Warne in 4th, better than Dave Mackay who won the league title, Rowett, Lampard, Cox, Smith, Davies, Clement.

Don't shoot me down but maybe he's getting unnecessary stick?

Lights blue touch paper and runs....😉

image.png.07e9c1add5b3e61e3f8aaf22e1fe08e9.png

Well, that table has definitely helped me appreciate how much better a job Paul Warne has done than the one Jim Smith did. I always had a feeling he was 10% less the manager that PW is!

😜

Dare I suggest that these stats might be more relevant?

League One managers' games, wins and points in League One since Warne took over at Derby. (Stats are my own so feel free to "fact-check" and correct me).

image.png.939b3271b054bdc66713d40e938559e4.png

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A few errors I spotted:

Liam Rosenior - 58.3%

Billy Davies - 44.9% (it was a 34.8% loss record)

Roy McFarland - managed for 2 spells. The 1st for just 9 games with a 44.4% win record, then a 2nd spell of 93 games with a 43.0% win record.

Terry Westley - 25%

Paul Jewell - 22.4%

Permanent managers only. 

13 hours ago, Andicis said:

Such a misleading use of statistics. Comparing win ratios of managers who are managing against Man Utd and ones who manage against Forest Green is beyond useless. 

David Lowe managed one game against Man Utd didn't he? 😉

2 hours ago, jameso said:

Dare I suggest that these stats might be more relevant?

League One managers' games, wins and points in League One since Warne took over at Derby. (Stats are my own so feel free to "fact-check" and correct me).

image.png.939b3271b054bdc66713d40e938559e4.png

I'd agree and this is the key point for me with Warne - I can cut him some slack in the first few months, we were a club coming out of crisis and had embargos on us. But we are getting three / four / five times the gates of many other teams, we have a ground and an infrastructure that not only makes us attractive to players in this division but also a strong temptation to give players from a division above to maybe drop down (Nyambe, Bradley, Hourihane all examples of that). I'm not saying we should be walking this division, I don't think we are quite that arrogant, but there is no reason on Earth why a manager of a club like Derby should be that far down this table. Quite simply, it shows an inability to make the best of the 'unfair' resource and advantage we have in this league.

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The league table? The s*** football? 

Yeah remember the s**t football under Billy as well. One nil wins here and there. Didn't see any complaints then mind but guess its all about the tika taka football nowadays (FIFA mode right?!) 

The league table? For christ sake we are 9th. Win our game in hand and we are 2 points off the play offs and 5 points from second.

2 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Yeah remember the s**t football under Billy as well. One nil wins here and there. Didn't see any complaints then mind but guess its all about the tika taka football nowadays (FIFA mode right?!) 

The league table? For christ sake we are 9th. Win our game in hand and we are 2 points off the play offs and 5 points from second.

Not from me, but I'm sure there were some. Especially post January. Still Billy was awful and successful you ignored the salient point.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not from me, but I'm sure there were some. Especially post January. Still Billy was awful and successful you ignored the salient point.

There wasn't any because we were winning. I did every game that year and dont remember it getting toxic once because the football was s**t. We were flying and then January came.............. (another reason why the transfer window needs to remain in place throughout season like it used too)

3 minutes ago, therams69 said:

There wasn't any because we were winning. I did every game that year and dont remember it getting toxic once because the football was s**t. We were flying and then January came.............. (another reason why the transfer window needs to remain in place throughout season like it used too)

So what's the difference then between "flying" with Billy Davies and getting promoted to the prem, and struggling in league one under Warne?

I've left the answer in the question, to try and help.

27 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

So what's the difference then between "flying" with Billy Davies and getting promoted to the prem, and struggling in league one under Warne?

I've left the answer in the question, to try and help.

Isn't it obvious? Look at the squad we had back then. Quite a few hungry players with something to prove. Certainly not a side that is miss matched and free transfers pretty much. Hence why again we need a few trading windows to allow this.

Are we struggling? Or just not hitting any kind of form? I raise my point again of potentially being 2 points off play offs and 5 off second in the league. If we were towards the bottom I could understand, that we are not as we speak.

Fan expectation is the issue here. It really is and until many realise that and learn to channel it better then we will forever be having to try harder than the opposition. This all works in the favour of opposing managers, just wish many of you could see that. Steve Evans pre match chat is simple, get the first goal, there fans will start booing them and put pressure on them, what happened?

9 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Isn't it obvious? Look at the squad we had back then. Quite a few hungry players with something to prove. Certainly not a side that is miss matched and free transfers pretty much. Hence why again we need a few trading windows to allow this.

Are we struggling? Or just not hitting any kind of form? I raise my point again of potentially being 2 points off play offs and 5 off second in the league. If we were towards the bottom I could understand, that we are not as we speak.

Fan expectation is the issue here. It really is and until many realise that and learn to channel it better then we will forever be having to try harder than the opposition. This all works in the favour of opposing managers, just wish many of you could see that. Steve Evans pre match chat is simple, get the first goal, there fans will start booing them and put pressure on them, what happened?

We don't play anything like how Billy had us playing. Tell me what manager ever has all his own players, Billy didn't.

4 hours ago, therams69 said:

we will forever be having to try harder than the opposition

Fans' unrealistic expectations is the reason the players should be doing this?

I would accept trying as hard as the opposition! To be clear on terms: "trying" includes not only wanting an outcome but making your body do things at certain levels of speed/intensity and putting it into certain situations that make achieving that outcome more likely.