Pro Warne

Jram

It’s a results business and they could not have been better over the last 5 games. Performances could be better, but at this level most wins are ugly wins and that is where we need to be. I do think performances will get better though. Watched the Pompey v Bolton game and they have some good players but no great shakes. Maghoma and Santos good for Bolton but the rest pretty average. The much vaunted Charles was shocking. Pompey struggled in the first half but Kamara and Yingi looked decent in the second half. Both sides are pretty solid at the back, and both press in the midfield pretty well with energy.

i suspect both score goals from set pieces and have defenders contributing goals. The Pompey first goal was a training ground set piece. I feel this is where Derby could get much better and where the coaching team should be adding value. Sadly most headers fall to Cashin whose compass doesn’t work at the other end of the pitch. Ten more goals per season from corners could make a huge difference.

i can see us passing Bolton if we can up the intensity and maintain it, and improve the pace and striking options in January. Nothing to fear if we finish in the playoffs, other than bad luck.

Edited by Matchday Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Radio Derby dissecting Warne’s interview was a bit odd. Dont think he said anything wrong. He is quite right to be frustrated with the performance and continually having to change it mid-game to try and improve the output of the team. He’s also right to be pleased about the run, but understanding that unless we can do better than this it might not be enough over the season. Thought Steele in particular was being overly harsh. 

5 hours ago, Srg said:

Radio Derby dissecting Warne’s interview was a bit odd. Dont think he said anything wrong. He is quite right to be frustrated with the performance and continually having to change it mid-game to try and improve the output of the team. He’s also right to be pleased about the run, but understanding that unless we can do better than this it might not be enough over the season. Thought Steele in particular was being overly harsh. 

Sums up my views pretty accurately. I believe that without improved performances the results will fall away somewhat. Probably a few more wycombes etc.....

10 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Merry Christmas Paul Warne. 🎄

Love from the Aberdeenshire Rams 

9E0FAE51-F5B6-448F-8C85-F8046BA5B080.jpeg

41E10A8D-4E3A-430F-BB3B-C79E4EAF40F6.jpeg

Is that you Santa Clowes?!
I had a little nose at the table on Christmas Eve last year versus Christmas Eve this year. Whilst I think everyone (seemingly players and staff as well as fans going on recent interviews) knows performances could be better it’s nice to see there is some improvement year on year going by the league standings. More points, more wins, more goals than at this same stage last Christmas, let’s hope Santa Clowes is working on some gifts for January and we kick on towards promotion 🎅🏻 

FA86A47C-FEA5-49A2-89EA-292CF3FF420C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I had a little nose at the table on Christmas Eve last year versus Christmas Eve this year. Whilst I think everyone (seemingly players and staff as well as fans going on recent interviews) knows performances could be better it’s nice to see there is some improvement year on year going by the league standings. More points, more wins, more goals than at this same stage last Christmas, let’s hope Santa Clowes is working on some gifts for January and we kick on towards promotion 🎅🏻 

And some say the league isn't up to the standard of last season......

On 21/12/2023 at 22:41, Srg said:

Warne would get battered on here if he was a poster.

He's never happy. Always finding fault.

23 minutes ago, sage said:

Warne would get battered on here if he was a poster.

He's never happy. Always finding fault.

What?

Are you describing warne it your own demeanour on here?

He has been criticised for being too cheerful in the past!

The blokes a perfectionist,he wants the team and players to play to the best of their ability and it riles him when they don't.

Always a moan on here,wherever we are in the league.

Cheer up sage,it's Christmas 

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

44 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What?

Are you describing warne it your own demeanour on here?

He has been criticised for being too cheerful in the past!

The blokes a perfectionist,he wants the team and players to play to the best of their ability and it riles him when they don't.

Always a moan on here,wherever we are in the league.

Cheer up sage,it's Christmas 

I'm not sure you understood my post.

It's ironic that a poster who said the same things as Warne after a win would be described as a Warne Hater.

Anyone else left with the impression that PW's final "Ho, Ho, Ho" on the end of that email vid he sent us this avvy was somewhat lacking in seasonal goodwill and sincerity, or am I just "not getting him"?   👀

*Only joking, Mr W.  I get you loud and clear.
Merry Christmas, yer little tinker, you!  🐏🍻

... Although Young Nigel always used to send us all personal greetings through the post, so think on!  😉

On 24/12/2023 at 10:46, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting to see that it was the top 3 at this stage that ended up getting promoted.

Looks like a much closer and competitive league this year though.

18 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Anyone else left with the impression that PW's final "Ho, Ho, Ho" on the end of that email vid he sent us this avvy was somewhat lacking in seasonal goodwill and sincerity, or am I just "not getting him"?   👀

*Only joking, Mr W.  I get you loud and clear.
Merry Christmas, yer little tinker, you!  🐏🍻

... Although Young Nigel always used to send us all personal greetings through the post, so think on!  😉

Apart maybe to Cywka?