Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Haha so if you’re questioning whether it was a legit conversation it was …I’ve been involved in football coaching many years and when a friend of mine picked this chap up I was introduced in the car and I mentioned I was a Derby fan and it was me who brought Rosenior up …just got back from coaching in Ireland …so chatty yes…why not …no secret in it

No, not questioning it at all.

I know you mix in coaching circles. You’ve mentioned it before. It’s also well-known how highly thought of Rosenior is in football.

Just having some light-hearted fun on a Monday night.

My only question is why you didn’t ask about Warne? We’re all dying to know who he had to snog to get his coaching badges.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I know you mix in coaching circles. You’ve mentioned it before. It’s also well-known how highly thought of Rosenior is in football.

My only question is why you didn’t ask about Warne? We’re all dying to know who he had to snog to get his coaching badges.

Yes it would have been very interesting to know how he is thought of.

14 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Haha I didn’t mention Warne or bring him up as no need Warne was.nowhere near our club then Rooney was manager and Rosenior was assistant …I am honest enough to say I was with a few on here who just thought he was a tv pundit who came to us but he did his Euefa  A and B in Ireland and I’m pretty sure Rooney did t have qualifications at the time 

saying that I’ve seen plenty of good coaches without any badges who are encouraged to get there badges/ licences etc and I used to think that when you did these courses there might be a chance you’re individuality and ideas might dissapear under all of the hoops you have to jump through but to be honest each module you can suit to adjust to your own ideas and I guess the reason I like coaches like Pep and Liam is that I prefer the possession based ideal which is why I don’t like our current style but everyone has different ideas of what is good to watch I spent a lot of time in Holland and was heavily influenced by the Cruyff model at Ajax although I didn’t spend time at Ajax but did spend time at Den Haag Jourdan 

Edited by S8TY

How about..........

.........i got it.............

..........a new hat!

But like, a really fun hat? with sparklers and a snow globe bobble featureing pride park for a bobble, somehting like that?

It would:

Inspire the players to play more fun football.

Distract the crowd when they don't play fun football.

Be a way to intimidate rival coaches.

Gain it's own sentience and gradually take over coaching duies full time.

Then, once it has extracted all off the host's football brains, leap onto the nearest head leaving the pervious host a barely cognizant babbaling imbiciele (fit only for Sky Sports).

At this point, I think DC's best option is developing the semi-organic mind vampire hat and putting it on PWs head.

The main problem I have with Warne is he doesn't seem to have the right (any) contacts in the game to pull out a signing.

With Mcclaren you had the links at United and throughout Europe - I get we are in league one now, but why not give United a call and ask about some younger talent? 

He keeps harping on about bidding for players and talking to players, where are they? Seen very little evidence of this in his tenure especially the last two January windows.

Edited by Papahet

15 hours ago, S8TY said:

I do like Warne I don’t get why some find his friendliness and quirkiness as offending as I think he’s a decent bloke but I don’t like his football and would’ve liked a coach / manager who had a long term vision of where we’d like to go and how we’d like to play 

I also don’t like how he doesn’t give the youngsters a chance 

He never takes responsibility.   If we perform poorly it's players below par, losing their battles, not doing the basics.   

I don't buy it - one week Bird can pass a ball and the next week he can't?    Yes players will make mistakes within a game, misplace a pass, let their man go, lose a tackle - but if it isn't working for them consistently within a game it's probably not them but something within the game that the manager could change.    

21 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

He never takes responsibility.   If we perform poorly it's players below par, losing their battles, not doing the basics.   

I don't buy it - one week Bird can pass a ball and the next week he can't?    Yes players will make mistakes within a game, misplace a pass, let their man go, lose a tackle - but if it isn't working for them consistently within a game it's probably not them but something within the game that the manager could change.    

I’m pretty sure that’s not true and, perhaps not often enough, he’s accepted he’s at fault sometimes in his post match interviews.

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m pretty sure that’s not true and, perhaps not often enough, he’s accepted he’s at fault sometimes in his post match interviews.

To be fair, while we continue to pick up the points we have been, despite the style of play, he hasn’t really had to has he 😊

50 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

I've heard him take responsibility in many of his after match interviews 

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

I've heard him take responsibility in many of his after match interviews 

I also have heard him say some quite honest reviews but then its rinse and repeat!

5 hours ago, Papahet said:

The main problem I have with Warne is he doesn't seem to have the right (any) contacts in the game to pull out a signing.

With Mcclaren you had the links at United and throughout Europe - I get we are in league one now, but why not give United a call and ask about some younger talent? 

He keeps harping on about bidding for players and talking to players, where are they? Seen very little evidence of this in his tenure especially the last two January windows.

Maybe Premier League clubs dont want to loan young players to us because A. They dont like our style of play and or B. They dont think the players will get much game time with Warne not showing much trust in younger players?

6 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Maybe Premier League clubs dont want to loan young players to us because A. They dont like our style of play and or B. They dont think the players will get much game time with Warne not showing much trust in younger players?

Don't think you're too far away to be honest, Lampard only did well really because he managed to get Tomori,Wilson and Mount

17 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

C. Typically require a loan fee....