Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you want me to qualify it then fine.

I think that it is obvious from the way Warne manages the players that he would like to be one of the boys rather than be seen as the boss who makes nasty decisions. Just my opinion, and I think it is a valid criticism. Of course you might not agree that he is actually like that, which is fine and why not say so?

Edit: oh and this is something I've said before now.

Ok well I would disagree with you on that particular opinion. The reason why I would disagree is because I think that there’s no actual evidence for it. It’s just the feeling you get from the way he talks. You and I don’t know him and what he’s like around the group every day. For that reason, I don’t think it’s fair ground for criticism. 

There are other areas, such as the aforementioned tactical decision making, recruitment, etc, that you have criticised before and fairly. I’ve even agreed with you at times. Don’t you think that digging him out on points like “he just wants to be one of the boys” just ends up detracting from some of the valid points that you do make?

Criticism is fine when it’s fair - let’s keep it fair!

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Ok well I would disagree with you on that particular opinion. The reason why I would disagree is because I think that there’s no actual evidence for it. It’s just the feeling you get from the way he talks. You and I don’t know him and what he’s like around the group every day. For that reason, I don’t think it’s fair ground for criticism. ...

That is of course your opinion. We'll not agree, but we don't have to. 👍

I am not advocating that we sack Warne because I no longer know anything about what’s best for Derby County anymore - We look terrible but we’re 3 points off top 🤷‍♂️

No, my motivation is to keep this thread alive as, I started it and it’s nearly at the 100-page mark, that’s on the way to the, will-he / won’t he, Johnny Russell signing thread of yesteryear.

I’m reliably informed that, if I get to 100 pages, I win a years subscription to the jelly club 💪

If we can all get this to 200 pages, apparently I win a pair of Katie Price’s old knickers 😎

So, Warne out! Boo

Warne IN! Hooray

WTF!?

"I don't think we were deserved of the win," he said. "Cheltenham played the pitch better than we did. It was definitely a game for winter football. They stretched us first half and they ran in behind. We didn't show any character on the ball. We played safe. We didn't have any aggression in our game. We were booed off at half-time and that was understandable. I subconsciously booed myself.

"It was not a good performance for us in the first half. Then at half-time we sad you're going to have to make mistakes. You can't just keep the ball for ball's sake. We are going to have to give our roadrunners something out wide to chase.

"To concede so early in the second half was disappointing, but two amazing bits of class got us back in it. But we definitely gave away a penalty. Louie Sibley definitely gave a penalty even though he was very good. Collo lost his runner at the death and gave their man a free header. We definitely got away with one and Cheltenham were value for a point. But we didn't play well and won and that's a good sign."

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

WTF!?

"I don't think we were deserved of the win," he said. "Cheltenham played the pitch better than we did. It was definitely a game for winter football. They stretched us first half and they ran in behind. We didn't show any character on the ball. We played safe. We didn't have any aggression in our game. We were booed off at half-time and that was understandable. I subconsciously booed myself.

"It was not a good performance for us in the first half. Then at half-time we sad you're going to have to make mistakes. You can't just keep the ball for ball's sake. We are going to have to give our roadrunners something out wide to chase.

"To concede so early in the second half was disappointing, but two amazing bits of class got us back in it. But we definitely gave away a penalty. Louie Sibley definitely gave a penalty even though he was very good. Collo lost his runner at the death and gave their man a free header. We definitely got away with one and Cheltenham were value for a point. But we didn't play well and won and that's a good sign."

I’m confused. Are you criticising PW for being honest now?

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

WTF!?

WTF!?  There is zero wrong with what he’s said. It’s an honest assessment of the performance. Some people have an agenda …..it was a shocking first half performance - he’s said as much - but we won - and keep pace with the top teams despite the performance. 

2 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

WTF!?  There is zero wrong with what he’s said. It’s an honest assessment of the performance. Some people have an agenda …..it was a shocking first half performance - he’s said as much - but we won - and keep pace with the top teams despite the performance. 

Explain the original bolded bits

" We were booed off at half-time and that was understandable. I subconsciously booed myself." Laughing because some fans were irate at the booing, but Warne joined in.

"...You can't just keep the ball for ball's sake. We are going to have to give our roadrunners something out wide to chase." We kept the ball?

"To concede so early in the second half was disappointing, but two amazing bits of class got us back in it. But we definitely gave away a penalty. Louie Sibley definitely gave a penalty even though he was very good." What penno, nothing on RamsTV, but anyway why say that?

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

Do you think the performances need to improve Dava or are you happy with more of the same 🤔

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Explain the original bolded bits

" We were booed off at half-time and that was understandable. I subconsciously booed myself." Laughing because some fans were irate at the booing, but Warne joined in.

"...You can't just keep the ball for ball's sake. We are going to have to give our roadrunners something out wide to chase." We kept the ball?

"To concede so early in the second half was disappointing, but two amazing bits of class got us back in it. But we definitely gave away a penalty. Louie Sibley definitely gave a penalty even though he was very good." What penno, nothing on RamsTV, but anyway why say that?

1. But Warne didn't boo did he - he subconsciously booed - ie he didnt vocalise it - which tbh is what I also did. Because I was annoyed by the lack of aggression and effort to do the basics.

2. Yes we kept moving the ball backwards then out wide, then backwards across the line - and the ball was not being played forward/bravely towards our wide pace threats.

3. He contextualised it within the full interview - and was basically saying we got away with one today. From one side of the pitch it looked like we had got away with one - and having had the benefit of TV after we haven’t. 

Keep going with your pedantic points tho - it keeps it interesting. 👍🏻

Edited by Dava75
Poor grammar first time!! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think the performances need to improve Dava or are you happy with more of the same 🤔

I think the performances need to improve - which is why I said his assessment was spot on. 

I also think we need Nyambe and Fozzy/Elder back asap - to give us the solid base on which the winning run was built. And my own view is we need the extra midfielder for a little more control earlier in the games - Tommo or Fornah at the moment - and then 2 from CBT, Nat and Tom B. 

That answer enough? 🤔

8 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

I think the performances need to improve - which is why I said his assessment was spot on. 

I also think we need Nyambe and Fozzy/Elder back asap - to give us the solid base on which the winning run was built. And my own view is we need the extra midfielder for a little more control earlier in the games - Tommo or Fornah at the moment - and then 2 from CBT, Nat and Tom B. 

That answer enough? 🤔

🤔

11 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

That answer enough? 🤔

Nyambe back for the Charlton game...injured or not, Elder out for at least 10 days...as for Fozzy 200.gif?cid=790b7611k483eh9pd9hby3dt2fae