FA Cup 1st Round Draw.

WystonRam

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

As it has been stated many times, season tickets are not counted in the attendance if they don’t turn up, our average attendance of home fans only this season is 25,279.

You may not think this is extraordinary for a league one club but I can assure it is.

I guess it depends on how you classify extraordinary then. If we were getting 28/29k home fans then that to me is extraordinary. 20,000-plus ST holders means, working on your figures, around 5k are walk ups, guests (opposition representatives, comps etc) and hospitality. 

It's decent, but since we moved to Pride Park that's where Derby have always been, somewhere between 24-28k. Obviously more in the Prem, but in the Championship around that. I wouldn't necessarily expect crowds to collapse from that just because we've dropped down a league a season ago.

Incidentally, not that I disbelieve you around the 25,279 but where is that from?

On 15/10/2023 at 19:22, Jimbo Ram said:

Seen the Rams win there and lose there. Once in the league I think under Burley when we won 2-1 and then we lost there 1-0 in the League Cup. So likely to be a draw 😊

Remember being there when we won on a Tuesday night under Burley ,Smith and Idiakez , 2005 ? we played some great football that season ,  despite the club being  mayhem behind the scenes and badly run as per usual , did we beat the heroin people 3-0 that year ? Rasiak was the Daddy with his looping [mullet] headers 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby are no bigger of a club than Stoke, QPR or Cardiff.

And if either of those were in the League One you wouldn’t batter an eyelid.

We may have a nice stadium compared to League One sides who float between League One and League Two.

But Pride Park is a Championship standard ground these days and it hasn’t seen competitive Premier League football for over 20 years.

Claiming Derby are a huge club is like John Fury claiming Tommy Fury is a legit world level boxer. Like a proud, deluded father.

Worra load a bollox

13 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I guess it depends on how you classify extraordinary then. If we were getting 28/29k home fans then that to me is extraordinary. 20,000-plus ST holders means, working on your figures, around 5k are walk ups, guests (opposition representatives, comps etc) and hospitality. 

It's decent, but since we moved to Pride Park that's where Derby have always been, somewhere between 24-28k. Obviously more in the Prem, but in the Championship around that. I wouldn't necessarily expect crowds to collapse from that just because we've dropped down a league a season ago.

Incidentally, not that I disbelieve you around the 25,279 but where is that from?

So you are just dismissing 20,000+ season ticket holders as not counting cos they committed before the start of the season, no one comes close to our attendance.

The attendance stats are at the bottom of the match report on the official website.

29 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

So you are just dismissing 20,000+ season ticket holders as not counting cos they committed before the start of the season, no one comes close to our attendance.

The attendance stats are at the bottom of the match report on the official website.

I'd give up, if I was you, Forever. 

You are comparing our figures with other lg1 clubs and not our past history in the championship. Our attendances are not ordinary in this division as most teams average less than a third of our average, that's extraordinary, by definition. In fact, only 2 clubs have averages of more than half of Derby's.

Living in the West Midlands, every fan I talk to and tell them about our average attendance have the same reaction, 'wow'.

Trouble is, too many people take our attendances, ground and things like Rams TV for granted. Many clubs above us in the league ladder are put to shame by these things.

57 minutes ago, hales300k said:

Remember being there when we won on a Tuesday night under Burley ,Smith and Idiakez , 2005 ? we played some great football that season ,  despite the club being  mayhem behind the scenes and badly run as per usual , did we beat the heroin people 3-0 that year ? Rasiak was the Daddy with his looping [mullet] headers 

Crikey, that long ago. In the game we won, we were coasting at 2-0 until when out of the blue they scored a long range effort in the last minute and then had a glorious chance to equalise in injury time  😊

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

We may have a nice stadium compared to League One sides who float between League One and League Two.

But Pride Park is a Championship standard ground these days and it hasn’t seen competitive Premier League football for over 20 years.

Claiming Derby are a huge club is like John Fury claiming Tommy Fury is a legit world level boxer. Like a proud, deluded father.

Sounds painful 😀

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby are a much bigger club than Stoke, Cardiff and bloody QPR, we have a bigger average attendence than they all do, in fact them 3 would struggle to get 16k, if they was in division 1, so no alot would not batter a eye lid if them 3 was in division 1, but many do about Derby being in division one, but we all have our own opinions. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

11 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Derby are a much bigger club than Stoke, Cardiff and bloody QPR, we have a bigger average attendence than they all do, in fact them 3 would struggle to get 16k, if they was in division 1, so no alot would not batter a eye lid if them 3 was in division 1, but many do about Derby being in duvision one, but we all have our own opinions, but facts are facts, in fact if you look at the the start of the premier league years, I believe Derby have the 15th best home support in the country, more than f****** Stoke, Cardiff and bloody lol QPR have.

That’s the second time today I’ve seen that phrase misquoted on this forum to sound more painful. 😀

It’s “bat an eyelid” not “batter an eyelid” unless you live in Glasgow and have run out of mars bars.

34 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Derby are a much bigger club than Stoke, Cardiff and bloody QPR, we have a bigger average attendence than they all do, in fact them 3 would struggle to get 16k, if they was in division 1, so no alot would not batter a eye lid if them 3 was in division 1, but many do about Derby being in division one, but we all have our own opinions. 

Much bigger? How? Because we won 2 trophies about 50 years ago?

QPR, Stoke and Cardiff all have broken transfer records higher than Derby.

They all have the same potential. Midtable PL with the odd flirt with Europe and domestic cup finals.

Derby are in the same boat with about 20 other clubs like Stoke, Cardiff, Swansea, Boro, Coventry, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Forest, Palace, Fulham, Wolves, Leicester, Ipswich, Norwich, Hull, QPR, Brentford, Southampton etc.

A long list of clubs with all the same potential just fluctuating between midtable PL and top 10 League One over the next 50 years.

Some may have extended spells in the PL, some may have extended spells in League One.

We think Derby are some kind of giant in the same way parents think their babies are the cutest in town.

Edited by Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

They all have the same potential. Midtable PL with the odd flirt with Europe and domestic cup finals.

Derby are in the same boat with about 20 other clubs like Stoke, Cardiff, Swansea, Boro, Coventry, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Forest, Palace, Fulham, Wolves, Leicester, Ipswich, Norwich, Hull, QPR, Brentford, Southampton etc.

A long list of clubs with all the same potential just fluctuating between midtable PL and top 10 League One over the next 50 years.

Some may have extended spells in the PL, some may have extended spells in League One.

We think Derby are some kind of giant in the same way parents think their babies are the cutest in town.

tumblr_moawbmOT8T1rvlu56o1_500.gif

57 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think there is another group of clubs now that I call the Yo-Yo clubs . Teams like Burnley , Bournemouth and Shef Utd. Not to be sniffed at . Prem teams  T V money is increasing by £50 mill a season . Also you get relegated the first year you are rewarded with £100 mill over 3 years . If you can stay up a season that becomes £120 mill. The best bit is - any unused fall out money is divided up between all Prem clubs. Greed beyond belief.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Thats a good post!

At the moment Bolton, Pompey and even Oxford are looking like big clubs, need to get past them before we even get to the likes of Boro & Stoke.

16 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I'm not dismissing anyone. All I'm saying is that given our historic attendances since we moved to PPS what we are seeing now is not extraordinary - ie out of the ordinary - it's pretty much what we might expect. Derby supporters turn out, always have done even though we've been nothing to speak about now for 15 years - at best a top end Championship club who along with a load of others have been in with a shout of the Premier League.

A lot of so-called big clubs don't see their attendance fall by much when they drop down to this league. I just think that to make out that somehow what's going on attendance wise at the moment marks us out as special is wrong. But that's just my opinion, yours is different, no problem.

Thanks re the location of the attendance stats. 

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

A lot of so-called big clubs don't see their attendance fall by much when they drop down to this league. I just think that to make out that somehow what's going on attendance wise at the moment marks us out as special is wrong. But that's just my opinion, yours is different, no problem.

Let's look at some of the so called 'big clubs' that others have compared us with. All of the following played to sell out crowds in the Premier, but look at their attendances after dropping down to the Championship, never mind lg1. 

Teams like Cardiff, QPR, Stoke, Boro are all playing in front of 1,000s of empty seats, you can only imagine how many more empty seats there would be in lg1.

It's difficult to define a big club, some have compared transfer fees paid out, it's hardly surprising that we can't compete after not being in the Premier for so long, but if a team like Man U ever fell down the leagues for many years, they would always be a massive club. In my opinion, it takes a sustained period of time for a club to become a 'big' club and likewise a long period of time for a club to completely lose that status. Teams like Bolton with a history further back than us, still hold some kind of 'bigness' from that successful time many years ago.

Teams like Stoke, QPR and Cardiff have won the fairly recent lottery of promotion to the Premier and the fortune of being owned by very wealthy people. If they came down to lg1, their crowds wouldn't compare with those at PP, the away support from small clubs wouldn't compare with those at PP and those small club's home attendances wouldn't match those when Derby were the visitors, the reason being that none of those clubs are as 'big' as Derby. Success is the only thing that those clubs had going for them but success isn't everything, are clubs like Fester and Wigan bigger than Newcastle and Spurs because of fairly recent trophy wins?