FA Cup 1st Round Draw.

WystonRam

46 minutes ago, admira said:

Crewe are top league scorers in the four divisions with 30 goals from their 13 games.

Yes but we've only played 11. If we scored 13 goals across the two game "in hand" we'd be above them. 😁

Seriously though, they will be a threat especially at their place. But, on the other hand, we're top scorers away from home (joint with Mansfield) across all 4 divisions on 14.

An intriguing tie that won't really be a shock (IMO) whatever the result. My prediction would be a draw with us winning the replay.

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I kind of agree and disagree with you.

I agree, despite what some may think, Derby, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday are/were all considered big fish in the league 1 pond. That would only change if any of the three were stuck in this lower league for a considerable period of time IMO.

Wrexham may well have a bigger pull but only because of their Hollywood links and not because of their fan base. Even then, their tie may only be more attractive if it was pretty certain Reynolds was going to attend the game.

Derby County have a massive pull compare to bloody Wrexham, forget about the owners, they will never get average gates of Derby County, or have our history in anyone's life time on here,  outside the top2 divisions we have the best history and gates by a country mile. Just in Poland at the mo, back friday, went to there international stadium today in Warsaw , the guide said who is your team, I said with pride Derby County, he said oh yes the champions off England back in 1975. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

48 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Derby County have a massive pull compare to bloody Wrexham, forget about the owners, they will never get average gates of Derby County, or have our history in anyone's life time on here,  outside the top2 divisions we have the best history and gates by a country mile. Just in Poland at the mo, back friday, went to there international stadium today in Warsaw , the guide said who is your team, I said with pride Derby County, he said oh yes the champions off England back in 1975. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Broadcast companies probably aren't going to be interested in home crowds. Sadly, a Hollywood "star" being in attendance may be of more interest to them.

1 hour ago, DerbyAleMan said:

TV companies want to have as many viewers as possible, so they don't just look at local support. Thanks to Ryan Reynolds, Wrexham are now known nationally and globally. For example, Derby currnetly have just shy of 400k Twitter followers, whilst Wrexham have exploded to over 550k.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

TV companies want to have as many viewers as possible, so they don't just look at local support. Thanks to Ryan Reynolds, Wrexham are now known nationally and globally. For example, Derby currnetly have just shy of 400k Twitter followers, whilst Wrexham have exploded to over 550k.

Niall Horan needs to start shifting his arse and plugging us a bit more for those free shirts he gets every year.

1 hour ago, DerbyAleMan said:

I might have to bundle this one off to the Didn't Happen of the Year Awards 

12 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Absolute rubbish, Ipswich, Sheff Wednesday and Derby are all regarded big clubs at division one level, all commanded plus 25K gates in this division Derby was 27K, and is around the same again this season, all teams have played at the top level for a good chunk of there history, as for Wrexham 10K fans, and spent most of there time out of the top division. So no way does Wrexham have the biggest pull, a ridiculous comment to make. 

Big clubs yes, but not huge. 

I mean, when we were in the Championship a decade ago, who looking at League One and saw Sheffield United’s name and thought they were a huge standout in League One?

Fans of clubs like Stoke, WBA, Brum etc. won’t be looking at League One and seeing Derby as some sleeping giant here. They won’t give a crap.

And when Oxford see us on their fixture list, they probably just think ‘nice stadium to visit’ and that’s it.

Wrexham are a bigger pull but obviously not because of their history, fan base, quality of their players or stadium size. And I am referring to attracting an viewing audience when I saw bigger pull.

Edited by Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Twitter only mate, not to everyday day football fans. 

45 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Big clubs yes, but not huge. 

I mean, when we were in the Championship a decade ago, who looking at League One and saw Sheffield United’s name and thought they were a huge standout in League One?

Fans of clubs like Stoke, WBA, Brum etc. won’t be looking at League One and seeing Derby as some sleeping giant here. They won’t give a crap.

And when Oxford see us on their fixture list, they probably just think ‘nice stadium to visit’ and that’s it.

Wrexham are a bigger pull but obviously not because of their history, fan base, quality of their players or stadium size. And I am referring to attracting an viewing audience when I saw bigger pull.

Sorry u will never convince me that Wrexham has more pull to the football family, and yes I have mates who are Sheff United, Sheff Wednesday fans and Villa all who state we are far to big for division one, i get alot more positivity from other club fans than i do on this forum , I think this forum us6 made up, of  all the moaners who follow  us both home and away. Lol

1 hour ago, europia said:

Indeed. Not to mention the dire Pappy John Pizza Trophy Cup Kick About .....or whatever it's called. 

19 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

You know, I'd honestly forgotten about that utter nonsense of a trophy.

As much as folks say you shouldn't field a weakened side in cups; I'd be happy to see the back of that one.

That’s two spare seats at Wembley then.😂

10 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Not to the wider football fan mate, Derby are still a respected club to other club fans. 

How much Derby are “respected” by other clubs fans is debatable but that’s not what the debate is about. It’s whether broadcasters would find Wrexham and their Hollywood connections more appealing than Derby.

42 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How much Derby are “respected” by other clubs fans is debatable but that’s not what the debate is about. It’s whether broadcasters would find Wrexham and their Hollywood connections more appealing than Derby.

TBH some of the time I'd rather watch Hollywood Wrexham! 😄😉