FA Cup 1st Round Draw.

WystonRam

20 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Not even proper ITV …and no trains run on Sunday until later in the day from Derby to Crewe( well not direct ones anyway)

Why does that matter? Anyone with a smart TV, Ipad, laptop etc will be able to watch it if they want.

To be honest, it's quite rare I watch anything on the "proper" TV channels these days.

All the live games are 

FRIDAY 3 NOVEMBER 2023
• Sheppey United v Walsall at 7.45pm GMT on ITV4 and ITVX

SATURDAY 4 NOVEMBER 2023
• Bromley v Blackpool at 5.45pm GMT on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport 

SUNDAY 5 NOVEMBER 2023
• Chesterfield v Portsmouth at 12.15pm GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX
• Crewe Alexandra v Derby County at 2.45pm GMT on ITVX
• Charlton Athletic v Cray Valley (PM) at 5.30pm GMT on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/oct/20/emirates-fa-cup-first-round-proper-broadcast-games-20232010

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Let's look at some of the so called 'big clubs' that others have compared us with. All of the following played to sell out crowds in the Premier, but look at their attendances after dropping down to the Championship, never mind lg1. 

Teams like Cardiff, QPR, Stoke, Boro are all playing in front of 1,000s of empty seats, you can only imagine how many more empty seats there would be in lg1.

It's difficult to define a big club, some have compared transfer fees paid out, it's hardly surprising that we can't compete after not being in the Premier for so long, but if a team like Man U ever fell down the leagues for many years, they would always be a massive club. In my opinion, it takes a sustained period of time for a club to become a 'big' club and likewise a long period of time for a club to completely lose that status. Teams like Bolton with a history further back than us, still hold some kind of 'bigness' from that successful time many years ago.

Teams like Stoke, QPR and Cardiff have won the fairly recent lottery of promotion to the Premier and the fortune of being owned by very wealthy people. If they came down to lg1, their crowds wouldn't compare with those at PP, the away support from small clubs wouldn't compare with those at PP and those small club's home attendances wouldn't match those when Derby were the visitors, the reason being that none of those clubs are as 'big' as Derby. Success is the only thing that those clubs had going for them but success isn't everything, are clubs like Fester and Wigan bigger than Newcastle and Spurs because of fairly recent trophy wins?

I have no idea what point you're trying to make there and there is a lot of assumption dressed up as fact, but my point is this, which you actually back up with your second paragraph: Derby in L1 play in front of the same amount of fans than they have done historically. Obviously when we're doing well more people come, and when we play well supported teams they bring more fans so gates are higher. You mention Cardiff, QPR etc - they too are playing to the same sort of crowds they always have done. 

My point wasn't ever about comparing us to other clubs - there are a million reasons why clubs attract the numbers they do; social, economical, geographical - but was to present a counter view to those who think we're massive or something amazing because we play in front of the same amount of supporters, more of less, than we always have done. But that was several pages ago now, and it really wasn't worth this much discussion.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Why does that matter? Anyone with a smart TV, Ipad, laptop etc will be able to watch it if they want.

To be honest, it's quite rare I watch anything on the "proper" TV channels these days.

I have ITVX, This Morning I got up at 6-30am to watch the England Vs Australian Women at rugby, Got to the live channel and...nowt just a black screen, Tried with the other TV in another room...same again, Feck this...had a go on my laptop and got to see it that way, Not sure what the issue was as all other ITVX programmes were OK, But it was a stream from OZ and it was pissing it down🙄 

7 hours ago, SKHunter said:

More importantly, does this mean that the game with Wolves U21's will move to the Wednesday night?  I only ask as that's quiz night at my local so I obviously will miss the match.

I doubt it.  We already kick off in that dog crap competition at 7 as these 16 yr olds were playing against will be going to school the following day.  Playing exactly halfway through the school week would be too taxing.  Unless it's half term of course and they've not had a late evening trick or treating the night before.

29 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I doubt it.  We already kick off in that dog crap competition at 7 as these 16 yr olds were playing against will be going to school the following day.  Playing exactly halfway through the school week would be too taxing.  Unless it's half term of course and they've not had a late evening trick or treating the night before.

If only you had read four posts back you could have saved yourself from posting this nonsense. 😉

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

If only you had read four posts back you could have saved yourself from posting this nonsense. 😉

Not nonsense to me.  I detest this competition with a passion it's so far removed from what it's original incarnation of the Sherpa Van was for.  Allowing clubs with no realistic chance of a FA/League cup win the chance to see their side at Wembley.  I'd consider winning this trophy a stain on the history of the club.  I've watched the games in the hope of seeing some young players get a run out but it appears Warne may actually want to progress and have the ignominy of losing to someones U21'S at Wembley. 

Each to their own mind.

4 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Yes i saw the tamworth route thanks 

Thought about going Ilkeston to Sheffield, Sheffield to Manchester, Manchester to Crewe on the Northern Rail £10 offer. Stop at Piccadilly and Sheffield tap on return journey, but got replacement buses Sheffield to New Mills. ☹️

https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/tickets/newspaper-offer/national-world