FA Cup 1st Round Draw.

WystonRam

17 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

This will be a tougher proposition than Notts County, Crewe now unbeaten in 14 home matches having won the last four including v Tranmere on Saturday. We have to beat them for the sake of us Crewe based rams and the abuse we will receive if we don't!

Will the BBC smell a Sunday afternoon upset ? Telly money always comes in handy.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Will the BBC smell a Sunday afternoon upset ? Telly money always comes in handy.

Sad as it is, I'm not sure it would really be considered that much of an upset given it's at their place, they're flying high in the division just below us and we're hardly storming league 1.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Possible these will be picked ahead of us ?

Chesterfield v Portsmouth

Bolton Wanderers vs Solihull Moors

Barnsley vs Horsham

Not sure how many live TV games there are over a weekend ?

Edited by WystonRam

16 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

Any chance you'll be visiting the Kennedy Space Center? It'll make Carl Sagan jealous 😉.

I landed there once. The only thing I remember was the crocodile which was in the stream by the parking bay which eventually came on to the pan while I was trying to put the aircraft to bed. Massive thing

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

Possible these will be picked ahead of us ?

Chesterfield v Portsmouth

Bolton Wanderers vs Solihull Moors

Barnsley vs Horsham

Not sure how many live TV games there are over a weekend ?

I think the BBC prefer the underdog at home so I think Chesterfield will be their first choice.

Edited by cstand

On 15/10/2023 at 11:49, StarterForTen said:

Sheppey United … Rams will give them a tuppin!

This wouldve been my ideal tie, dad is from sheerness, grew up on the island before moving to Derby for work in his early 20's, and my uncles have season tickets at Holm Park.. biggest game in their history tomorrow the Billericay replay. if either of our games are picked for TV, would look to head to both matches if not scheduled on the same day.

Pretty much as crap a draw as we could’ve got. Away from home against good lower league opposition who are strong at home. This has danger written all over it. Can’t face the ignominy of being knocked out before the 3rd round, we did well last year get to the 4th round last year, this year looks tough. Hopefully we’ll go with a strong team and get the job done. 

12 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sadly we are the Man Yoo of League One (sad because we're playing at a level we shouldn't be, and are by far the biggest club in the competition at this stage), so I would be amazed if we're not picked for TV.

On 16/10/2023 at 14:17, Carl Sagan said:

Sadly we are the Man Yoo of League One (sad because we're playing at a level we shouldn't be, and are by far the biggest club in the competition at this stage), so I would be amazed if we're not picked for TV.

It’s cute that we think this, but in all honesty, nobody gives a hoot about us. I could be wrong but I don’t think Ipswich or Sheff Wed were regarded as huge League One clubs. Derby aren’t any different.

Wrexham probably have the biggest pull these days. 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s cute that we think this, but in all honesty, nobody gives a hoot about us. I could be wrong but I don’t think Ipswich or Sheff Wed were regarded as huge League One clubs. Derby aren’t any different.

Absolute rubbish, Ipswich, Sheff Wednesday and Derby are all regarded big clubs at division one level, all commanded plus 25K gates in this division Derby was 27K, and is around the same again this season, all teams have played at the top level for a good chunk of there history, as for Wrexham 10K fans, and spent most of there time out of the top division. So no way does Wrexham have the biggest pull, a ridiculous comment to make. 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel

27 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Absolute rubbish, Ipswich, Sheff Wednesday and Derby are all regarded big clubs at division one level, all commanded plus 25K gates in this division Derby was 27K, and is around the same again this season, all teams have played at the top level for a good chunk of there history, as for Wrexham 10K fans, and spent most of there time out of the top division. So no way does Wrexham have the biggest pull, a ridiculous comment to make. 

I kind of agree and disagree with you.

I agree, despite what some may think, Derby, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday are/were all considered big fish in the league 1 pond. That would only change if any of the three were stuck in this lower league for a considerable period of time IMO.

Wrexham may well have a bigger pull but only because of their Hollywood links and not because of their fan base. Even then, their tie may only be more attractive if it was pretty certain Reynolds was going to attend the game.