Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

54 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we don't beat a team that has one point form ten games and zero goals then it wouldn't matter who the manager is, they should resign out of pure embarrassment.

So you are seriously advocating the sacking of a manager, regardless of who he is, on the result of one game.

55 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we don't beat a team that has one point form ten games and zero goals then it wouldn't matter who the manager is, they should resign out of pure embarrassment.

So... 3 x stonewall penalty claims go unawarded.  Two goals scored each get "Dodgy Off-side" decisions, and as for those two straight reds we got for duck all...

Still, despite a 0-0 draw, playing the final 38 mins with 9 men, the gaffer must resign out of pure embarrassment.

Okee-dokee  

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So... 3 x stonewall penalty claims go unawarded.  Two goals scored each get "Dodgy Off-side" decisions, and as for those two straight reds we got for duck all...

Still, despite a 0-0 draw, playing the final 38 mins with 9 men, the gaffer must resign out of pure embarrassment.

Okee-dokee  

I can't help but think you taking the post too seriously

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Just to let you know those lads who the Club seem to love videoing were standing in front of our disabled supporters all game, preventing them from seeing or enjoying any part of the game.

And when one of the carers, who himself was small and quite elderly, asked them to move, even more congregated around him, refusing to move and giving him abuse.

I like the fact that we are able to sustain the level of support but the anti-social behaviour of too many now is not a good advert for our club. It was much more sociable when there were just 500 of us sitting in Cardiff on a rainy night being hammered 6-0. A lot of us knew each other and could empathise with what we were going through. But I guess you can't have it all ways.

12 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

And when one of the carers, who himself was small and quite elderly, asked them to move, even more congregated around him, refusing to move and giving him abuse.

I like the fact that we are able to sustain the level of support but the anti-social behaviour of too many now is not a good advert for our club. It was much more sociable when there were just 500 of us sitting in Cardiff on a rainy night being hammered 6-0. A lot of us knew each other and could empathise with what we were going through. But I guess you can't have it all ways.

It's interesting, because I was in the middle of the stand nearer the halfway line. We enjoyed a great atmosphere, lots of away regulars and it felt like we were amongst friends. We had to stand of course, but I'm lucky that I still can.

It was only after the game that we found out what had been going on elsewhere. 

I have brought the matter up at SCG several times and there's little that the Club can do about it. They can't advertise seating areas for people who want it because technically we should all be seated. It's so frustrating! 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

It's interesting, because I was in the middle of the stand nearer the halfway line. We enjoyed a great atmosphere, lots of away regulars and it felt like we were amongst friends. We had to stand of course, but I'm lucky that I still can.

I have brought the matter up at SCG several times and there's little that the Club can do about it. They can't advertise seating areas for people who want it because technically we should all be seated. It's so frustrating! 

Sadly Angie there was also another fight between Derby fans at ht in the concourse. Quite a few involved. 

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Sadly Angie there was also another fight between Derby fans at ht in the concourse. Quite a few involved. 

I keep out of there if I can. Get there early, leave late. It's surprising how many of the riff-raff I avoid that way! 😉

26 minutes ago, sage said:

I can't help but think you taking the post too seriously

Well, it was backed up by his next post (As someone else deemed it wise to question it before I did, and requested clarification on whether it was serious or not!).
There was absolutely no sign of emojis to counter the seriousness, or hint at any attempt at wit/irony etc... in either the original post or the follow up.

Couple that with some of the absolute and utter OTT "End of the world is nigh" dross that's been oft-spouted over recent weeks on here (Not specifically by this individual poster, I grant you), just how am I meant to take it?  🤷‍♂️

Are you insinuating he/she was joking, or merely using hyperbole?  

Perhaps the poster in question could clarify... again?  🤷‍♂️

... Or perhaps not, as it's only the internet, and you commenting on my post is literally no different to me commenting in his/hers.
Have you considered I may not have been totally serious in my post?  Well... Have yer?  

c42a611591c5de7a028cd8d260c308dd.gif

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

A manager is only as good as his last few games. 

Im pretty sure those (including me) who’ve been critical of PW would eat humble pie if he can turn things around, especially at home. 

I'm sad for you that you won't be able to watch Warne's Derby home to Real in the Champions League semi in about 5 years!

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

They could perhaps start relating complaints to seat numbers to purchasing ID's?
Yeah... I know... not particular practical, given most aren't in the correct seats!

How about DCFC security infiltrators going in under cover, and taking notes (and pics, if that's allowed these days?).  Perhaps all fans can be advised to keep hold of their tickets until after the game, thus enabling a DCFC official to approach and ID any "culprits"?  A club ban (On purchasing tickets)... temporary or otherwise... for consistent/repeat "offenders"? 
No retained ticket?  Tough... out you go!

It's all very grim, but DCFC have to realise... if they care... that making and adhering to some rules that might just pizz off those that don't follow rules would be preferable than upsetting those that are prepared to abide by them.
Those that don't like the rules can do one.  It doesn't appear that they are much welcomed anyway.  

C'mon Derby... This topic gets repeated every bloody season.  Let's see you at least trying to come up with a solution.  Some elderly/disabled fans are consistently pizzed off at away matches... but are too "Derby Loyal" to complain officially to the club.  Time to show them some respect.  You KNOW it's happening!

9 hours ago, angieram said:

I know. I love it when a bout of "playing-it-on -the-floor-itis" breaks out. It was very contagious and everyone seemed to have been affected!

Although the second goal was started by a big curling hoof from fozzie that I thought at first had bent out of play....

Once Smith (?) had flicked it down it was a nice move tho....