Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

Except when he charged into a tackle in the opposition's half and wlfr us exposed, which he seems to do more often in a certain setup.

He looks to have been stepping up to close the gap on that pacey little attacker they have. He's done well to keep him quiet, as he's never gonna win a footrace with him.

Not a bad half, it’s even enough, they’re not dominating it and we’ve created a couple of very decent chances as well as working some half openings. A bit more belief/conviction/bravery and we win this. Barkhuizen, Sibley and Waghorn to change things up sooner rather than later please Mr Warne. 

That was a painfully dull watch for the first 25 mins, reminded me of Southgate’s England at their very worst. But grew into it more as it went on. Those two Wilson chances might be the worst two misses I’ve seen from a single player in one half of football. Granted he did well to make the second one. But at least signs of something to build on in this second half. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Fairly even first half.

Both teams have had good chances (ours were almost gift wrapped) both teams have had decent spells and both teams have resorted to going long in almost equal measure IMO.

Agree. Fairly even, they look to be trying to invite the press at times which we've just not done. I wonder if that's their only plan.  I can see us coming undone if we press too high, which to our credit we've not done.

I do think we should be ahead though. Plenty to build on, and I'd like to see more of the ball on their box because they go into an absolute panic.

Just now, oodledoodle said:

Agree. Fairly even, they look to be trying to invite the press at times which we've just not done. I wonder if that's their only plan.  I can see us coming undone if we press too high, which to our credit we've not done.

I do think we should be ahead though. Plenty to build on, and I'd like to see more of the ball on their box because they go into an absolute panic.

Good point about the press, goes with your observation about them passing it around well at the back, we seem to have gone with the approach of “feel free to knock it about between your cbs, we’ll wait over here”

I don't care who the manager is, what the tactics are, those 2 chances which were handed on a plate for Wilson, how do you even explain not taking them?

I won't go as far as to we should be 2 up, Blackpool will feel they have had the ball in decent areas. 

We should however be going in with 2 goals on the board. I'm not sure we'll get chances that golden again all game.

My flab is gasted. No wonder Warne has got no hair.