Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Come on. That's so over the top that nothing else you say can be taken seriously. 

I don’t think it is. That was genuinely one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long time. Our passing was horrific, we had no control whatsoever, and our only hope was launching it forward to James Collins. We barely strung 5 passes together all game. Carlisle played the much better football, and had the better chances - including hitting the woodwork twice and having a stonewall pen turned down.

Hmmmm.... a mixed bag again today. Happy with the 3 points and clean sheet. 

I think we need bodies back in midfield which is where we struggle... Embleton now injured again, Tommo out, Bird out, Hourihane out. Both Sibley and NML had poor games for me today and also Waggy struggled to get into the game. So i thought midfield is where we weren't quite right again. But as the saying goes "success breeds success" .. .so hopefully our season will kick on.... but as I said I feel we need more from a depleted midfield.

I've got to say that whilst I agree we're not playing brilliantly I don't get all the negativity on this board...

Just listened to Simmo’s post match interview and he was very complimentary about Derby and some of the game management.Might not have played that well but over the years how many times have we lost to newly promoted sides. And to be fair to PW he acknowledged the performance wasn’t great. 3 points at home to Cambridge and top 6 could be close.

Edited by Poynton ram

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No I actually take it that you are wasting your Saturdays, and a lot of money, doing something that has made you extremely miserable for the whole time you have been on this forum.

Find yourself a new hobby.

And I'm not precious by the way, if you want to get the 'something' off your chest, you can dm me, I don't take offence. 

Since I’ve been on this forum, Derby have been through one of, if not the worst period in our history. I think if you’re not miserable about what’s happened then you clearly don’t care enough.

In any case, football doesn’t make me miserable. Paul Warnes football does. Get a competent manager in charge of these players, and I guarantee we’ll be top two and everyone, including me, will be happy.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I don’t think it is. That was genuinely one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long time. Our passing was horrific, we had no control whatsoever, and our only hope was launching it forward to James Collins. We barely strung 5 passes together all game. Carlisle played the much better football, and had the better chances - including hitting the woodwork twice and having a stonewall pen turned down.

I think you're seeing what you (don't) want to see. Try and take away the effort and expense of getting there, and watch it again and I think you would see it was very scrappy at times but with a bit more composure we could have scored more on the break and they created barely a sniff of a chance 2nd half.

I really enjoyed today, so I am coming to the conclusion that the result is everything! 

Can't put my finger on why, but the sun shone, the locals were lovely,  James Collins worked so hard and therefore deserved his two goals.

Saw lots of folks I knew, and also the players get off the bus and get back on the bus, they were honest and friendly. Whatever has happened for Vickers seems to have brought them together. I hope he's okay.

Good to see players improving their match fitness and I was pleased Carlisle had a good go at us because to come out of that with a clean sheet can only help with the defence's confidence. They all played well, particularly Nelson and Nyambe.  One smart Alec asked Joe after the match about the one that went through him and hit the bar and his response was "well, I saved it!"

Our fans were great and seemed to sing louder to keep the team going until Warne put some legs on to tip the game our way (you could have done it a bit earlier, though, Paul!) 

Shout out of the day to the fan who came up the road after the game, grinning at us in our Derby shirts. I thought it strange as he had a Carlisle top on, but he lifted it up to reveal a Derby shirt underneath, saying it was the only way he could get it to the game! I do hope he posts on here because it was genius! 

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Since I’ve been on this forum, Derby have been through one of, if not the worst period in our history. I think if you’re not miserable about what’s happened then you clearly don’t care enough.

In any case, football doesn’t make me miserable. Paul Warnes football does. Get a competent manager in charge of these players, and I guarantee we’ll be top two and everyone, including me, will be happy.

In the time you've been on the forum we have spent probably 75% of the time battling for promotion. 

We have had 25% of all of the clubs Wembley appearances in its history. 

Obviously we had 2 dark seasons in the clubs history but beyond that there's been very little to make fans miserable.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Been purposefully keeping out of this argument over Warne, but I do have to comment on your statement.

Sorry to say, but you will never, ever get a situation where everyone will be happy.

All you can hope for is to get to a place where most people are pleased and those who don't like what is being done are in a minority.

Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Simmo said afterwards the Ref explained why it was not a pen....the ball came off the thigh to the arm hence no pen.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I have no problem playing badly every now and then and winning. 

Not all victories under McClaren were swashbuckling. I seem to recall one week where we registered three 1-0 wins in succession over Sheff Wed, Bournemouth and QPR in 2013/14 and none of them were pretty.

But it’s a complete cop out from the manager to say he’d take 20 1-0 wins playing crap, because it justifies playing crap.

Warne is a poor coach. Or his coaches are poor coaches. Playing the way he does requires the least amount of technical coaching. 

I just don’t see any long-term benefits playing this way. At some point Warne will have to adapt. 

I can be on board if Warne is just a stepping stone to getting out of League One and then we turn to somebody like Mowbray to progress.

But I’ve seen enough of Warne to know we have a poor coach on our hands and no long-term future with him (unless our goal is to remain a lower half Championship struggler).

Are you seriously suggesting that Warne coaches his players to pass to the other side as often as they do? I suppose the 2 quality goals we scored against Lincoln were because the players disobeyed instructions to pass to the other side. Of course he wants us to play well - the players have to take most of the responsibility when we do not play well and cannot pass the ball properly to each other.

2 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

62% pass accuracy...

I wonder how many times a Derby team has got as low as that?

Games against Bolton and Burton. 58 % and 50 % I think. Almost like a coin flip. But at least we are heading in the right direction I guess. Altough it would probably be even harder to go in the wrong direction from 50 %. Don't think I have ever seen a proffesional side fail more passes than they get right. In this case some of the blame lays with the players. They really gave away passes for no obvious reason. Fortunately the ball was often given back by Carlisle

Anyway, really good to get 3 points from this game. They were incompetent, we were almost as bad but got the three points and can go home to build on this. Really hope we can start to play football soon becuse then we will surley win the league by a few points.  

What the blooming Nora am I reading on here? For one, compared to some games thus season, I thought we carried more pace and threat. 

We also won. Got a clean sheet. Nyambe looks a player. Sibbers was back. Our centre forward got four goals this week. Fornah showed a bit more. Nat had a few blistering runs. 

I've been critical of Warne at times, but for gawds sake let's look at what actually happens with an open mind, rather than decide first and look to find evidence to support our preconceptions.

We won. Florist lost. Get a pint down yer.

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

And how many goals and points did this superior Carlisle side get?

5 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

What the blooming Nora am I reading on here? For one, compared to some games thus season, I thought we carried more pace and threat. 

We also won. Got a clean sheet. Nyambe looks a player. Sibbers was back. Our centre forward got four goals this week. Fornah showed a bit more. Nat had a few blistering runs. 

I've been critical of Warne at times, but for gawds sake let's look at what actually happens with an open mind, rather than decide first and look to find evidence to support our preconceptions.

We won. Florist lost. Get a pint down yer.

I’m on my fourth, in with the friendly locals 😂

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

You can keep your head in the sand and pretend this is all going to work out. The rest of us can see the fraud in the dugout for what he is 

Was it purely the players at Rotherham who got them promoted twice then? Every one keeps saying our squad if superior to other teams but it’s down to Warne that they are playing badly. Is this your view?