How would you feel if Mac returned again?

oldtimeram

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

The football was better under McClaren and if he returned I think we would fair far better.  

What are your thoughts on him coming back to try and rescue this season?

Fine by me. Though I would need to come to terms with finding out that he's a L**ds U****d fan.

Ecstatic but would he trust another dcfc owner who had just kicked out the manager 18 months into a 4 year contract to rebuild the club?

I think not,he has been there before.

The time to have taken Mac back on was upon getting rid of rosenior but he wasn't available.

If the man United gaffer gets the sack then the scenario may become slightly more realistic but with the same caveats for Mac so still unlikely (sadly)

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ecstatic but would he trust another dcfc owner who had just kicked out the manager 18 months into a 4 year contract to rebuild the club?

The time to have taken Mac back on was upon getting rid of rosenior but he wasn't available.

If the man United gaffer gets the sack then the scenario may become slightly more realistic but with the same caveats for Mac so still unlikely (sadly)

Thankfully its only been 12 months

Mac 1 was the dream and should’ve seen us go up in the play offs. A true sliding doors moment. 

But he’s had his chance and then some and any return of Mac really would be old news. 

Get Warnock in, get him poohousing us out of this god forsaken league and if he has a shocker then we’d have achieved as much as we’re going to with PW as boss.

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

De Zerbi will be at Utd before Christmas. 

15 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Mac 1 was the dream and should’ve seen us go up in the play offs. A true sliding doors moment. 

But he’s had his chance and then some and any return of Mac really would be old news. 

Get Warnock in, get him poohousing us out of this god forsaken league and if he has a shocker then we’d have achieved as much as we’re going to with PW as boss.

Warnock,for the love of god no.

david tennant puke GIF

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

25 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I don't doubt that but its just fantasy and pointless.

Might as well start a thread asking would we have Guardiola? 

I don't really rate him. He's won everything in club football, but he's spent hundreds of millions in doing so. I'd hate to see what he'd do with a bunch of freebies on a wet Wednesday night in Scunthorpe. 🥷🏻

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

He’s got unfinished business at Derby, but you will find he is a bit like marmite on this forum, with some unable to forgive his Toon love in and lack of plan B. Personally I feel there are players in this squad who would excel with his coaching ability. Would rather see him back as coach alongside a manager. Would be great but won’t happen.

Actually he has tended to perform better as a coach alongside a manager.

49 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I don't really rate him. He's won everything in club football, but he's spent hundreds of millions in doing so. I'd hate to see what he'd do with a bunch of freebies on a wet Wednesday night in Scunthorpe. 🥷🏻

Are you sure ?.  Barcelona and Munich had been perennial mid table sides who'd won nothing till he took over. 😃

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mel sacked him before the next transfer window opened and he was stuck with the failing relegation threatened players (and injuries too). He still turned it around.

I get the sense ur a mac fan roy lol

my memory of mac 2 was that with lesser players it just wasnt as good ..

and was too easy to play against.. stop the quarter back.. jullian de saart stop us playing.

most teams figured it out pretty quickly i seem to remember. 

Id rather try simmo personally if we had to change

Edited by NottsRam77