How would you feel if Mac returned again?

oldtimeram

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

I cant remember .. too much water under the bridge but was the 2nd time when he refused to put the newcatle link to bed and made his position untenable at the club 

Nope. It was when he stopped the threat of relegation but the squad was very limited. Seen laughing in tv with the Brighton(?) manager and Mel said 'not on'.

The reality was he hadn't wanted Mac back anyway, and now he'd chance to get Rowett in who he did want, before anyone else signed him. Sort of like us getting Warne in before any other club got in there first.

20 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Didnt we try that in mac 2 … didnt work out 

lets not go there and make ourselves look silly all over again

his right hand man first time round simmo… now that would be something id be intrigued to look at 

Agree, think we would be a laughing stock coming back for a third time. He didnt exactly set the football world alight wherever he has been.

Honestly, I’d be off my f****** tits with excitement - albeit I know it’s by no means a nailed on success. 

I listened to the Mark O’Brien Undr The Cosh today and he pointed out that Clough was brilliant for him, but McClaren was a different level of coach and taught him so much (before binning him off). He’s an excellent coach, would give the fans what they want. 

I think this is all getting out of hand now.. 

As others have pointed out, Warne isn't going anywhere given the length of his contract and our financial situation. The only way I can see him being sacked is if we near relegation, which doesn't appear to be on the cards at all. 

Time to get behind him and the boys. I'm not a fan of the football we're playing either, and have felt like I want him out after disappointing performances, but it ain't happening. 

People have moaned about the performances impacting the atmosphere at games and around the club. Calling for his head and starting three separate threads about him being replaced after a 1-1 draw with a good side is also going to ruin atmosphere. 

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. It was when he stopped the threat of relegation but the squad was very limited. Seen laughing in tv with the Brighton(?) manager and Mel said 'not on'.

The reality was he hadn't wanted Mac back anyway, and now he'd chance to get Rowett in who he did want, before anyone else signed him. Sort of like us getting Warne in before any other club got in there first.

When was the newcastle thing then ?

cos that took the piss… he had ample opportunity to put it to bed v easily and he let it drag on and on to the point it became a big issue 

Im sure that was his second comming

27 minutes ago, enachops said:

No, that was Mac 1.

Mac 2 was more defensive, not as much fun. Julian De Sart and a 3-0 defeat at Brighton was how it ended. No where near as good as Mac 1, more cautious. One decent run and then the usual wheels came off when he had to react to a bad spell. He couldn’t turn it round. Move on folks!

2nd time he didnt land on his feet with a fantastically talented and hungry young set of players 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

2nd time he didnt land on his feet with a fantastically talented and hungry young set of players 

Mel sacked him before the next transfer window opened and he was stuck with the failing relegation threatened players (and injuries too). He still turned it around.

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Honestly, I’d be off my f****** tits with excitement - albeit I know it’s by no means a nailed on success. 

I listened to the Mark O’Brien Undr The Cosh today and he pointed out that Clough was brilliant for him, but McClaren was a different level of coach and taught him so much (before binning him off). He’s an excellent coach, would give the fans what they want. 

One of the most frustrating things for me in the admin season was McClaren sat in the stand with a coffee, seemingly with no input.  Why that chance for his assistance was wasted I have no clue.

28 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Agree, think we would be a laughing stock coming back for a third time. He didnt exactly set the football world alight wherever he has been.

I'm certainly not saying I'm in favour (I honestly don't care who the manager is, I just want a successful team), but why would we be a laughing stock? Duncan Ferguson had returned to Peterborough 20 times but apart from a few comments I don't think other team's fan actually give a monkey's.

24 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

When was the newcastle thing then ?

cos that took the piss… he had ample opportunity to put it to bed v easily and he let it drag on and on to the point it became a big issue 

Im sure that was his second comming

No he clearly put it to bed and committed to Derby before he was sacked. But we have been through this a hundred times 👍