How would you feel if Mac returned again?

oldtimeram

13 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who is manager alongside Paul Warne coach? But I can't see why Mac would want to leave Man Utd unfinished business or not.

Time for Colin, everyone would know he's here on a mission and needn't be thought of long term. He knows what he's doing and has been successful at more than League 1 and more than Rotherham. 

He wouldn't be expensive either.

It would most probably be the remainder of this season and next and you would hope, by the time he left we would be back in the Championship in a much healthier position.

Had Mel appointed him instead of Frank we probably wouldn't be having this conversation now.

Stick with Warne and we I see us being Sunderland, Bolton, Portsmouth.  Big clubs, languishing in league 1.  You only need a couple of seasons in here and all of a sudden your budget is the same as everyone elses, you are competing against every club to sign players as you lose that big club badge and it can be years before you return.  For me it was very important we got promoted last season, or at a push, this season.

Why are we obsessed with bringing back old managers... would you bring back your ex wives too?

Nostalgia is a dirty liar and I think in order for Derby to move forward, they need to stop looking back!

Mel Morris, old managers or former players... nothing is as good the second time or the third or the fourth. 

Need to recreate the new Derby Identity and not have it tied up in how we played 10 years ago etc

Not played the best under Warne but give it time at least, we gave nigel clough 4 years? we've still not spent a penny, we shall see where we are by Christmas. 

Play offs this season is the realistic target still plenty to play for

If Warne is sacked he will be sacked but until then....

Edited by TheRamOfSwad

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Where did I say 'as well as' a Premier League side? Oh and the player I was enjoying watching was someone said from Liga 2 for £2.5m.

Every other team in this League does not play rubbish football, it's just played at a different level but you can't see that?

You compared us to how Burnley play. They are Premier League. It's not a fair comparison. 2.5 million is worth more than the transfer fees paid for our entire squad put together. 

23 minutes ago, Allen said:

What an awful, horrible thread this is! I can only hope Paul Warne is completely unaware of the existence of this forum. 

Why? It's obvious things aren't going as he would want and that lots of fans can remember better footballing days under Mac. I can also remember them under Cloughie and if he was still alive I'd think about starting a rival 'How would you feel...' thread.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, besides the fact he didn't 'dump us' you wouldn't want a manager that was wanted by a Prem team? Clough is doing well now isn't he.

Yes, Clough as made a good start to the season. How many years as he now been at Mansfield, did he build his team in one season or as it taken him a few seasons?

How many years did he take to build a team here? How many of those years did we flirt with relegation? When he did finally assemble a good group of players it needed a change of manager to utilise their full potential. 

So we make him or A N Other our next manager. How long will we give them to achieve the success we want?

Oh wait fans want instance success, so who can we bring in that will guarantee this? 

What happens if promotion doesn't instantly arrive? Do we go back to the tried and failed plan that nearly saw us go out of existence? Change the manager every time fans moan about the results or style of play.

While Warne's style may not be the prettiest at times, it as been proven to get teams promoted. Isn't promotion our main priority? I'm sure once that is achieved, the club will then decide on their next step.

I do think we're not seeing how Warne wants the team to play, due to the budget and transfer restrictions imposed by the EFL, some of the players he as had to bring in aren't good enough. 

Hopefully come next season Warne will have a budget that enables him to deal in the transfer market for a better level of player.

Like everyone else, I want to see us promoted but accept that it may take a little longer than I'd hoped it would. With David Clowes giving Warne a four year contract, it appears he understood that getting the club back to where we were, may not be as quick as some fans had wanted.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Yes, Clough as made a good start to the season. How many years as he now been at Mansfield, did he build his team in one season or as it taken him a few seasons?

How many years did he take to build a team here? How many of those years did we flirt with relegation? When he did finally assemble a good group of players it needed a change of manager to utilise their full potential. 

So we make him or A N Other our next manager. How long will we give them to achieve the success we want?

Oh wait fans want instance success, so who can we bring in that will guarantee this? 

What happens if promotion doesn't instantly arrive? Do we go back to the tried and failed plan that nearly saw us go out of existence? Change the manager every time fans moan about the results or style of play.

While Warne's style may not be the prettiest at times, it as been proven to get teams promoted. Isn't promotion our main priority? I'm sure once that is achieved, the club will then decide on their next step.

I do think we're not seeing how Warne wants the team to play, due to the budget and transfer restrictions imposed by the EFL, some of the players he as had to bring in aren't good enough. 

Hopefully come next season Warne will have a budget that enables him to deal in the transfer market for a better level of player.

Like everyone else, I want to see us promoted but accept that it may take a little longer than I'd hoped it would. With David Clowes giving Warne a four year contract, it appears he understood that getting the club back to where we were, may not be as quick as some fans had wanted.

It was sarcasm, he's achieved a nothing with a league 2 team after four seasons.

If you think that is success that's your perogative.

11 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

He steered us well clear of the troubles he found us in, for us into a position probably higher than our depleted squad at the time warranted and then when it came undone was sacked after laughing with Brighton gaffer at 3-0 down. 

Not a pretty end but you missed out where he took us from in your assessment 

I said we had a decent run. But McClarens problem has alway been he doesn’t know what to do when things start to go wrong. Management is easy when you’re sailing on that wave of wins. It’s a much tougher task when he has to change it when things go south. Mac 2 was average. I hope Mac 3 never happens.