Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I don’t understand the point or reasoning behind not announcing a player when the deals been done the day before ?

Recording and editing the RamsTV welcome to Derby interview, photoshoot holding the ball and scarf, creating a social media announcement video. 

Waiting for EFL rubber stamping the players registration. 

Agreement with Charlton when to announce. 

Possibly a mixture of those things, or he's escaped out the window already and we have nobody at the club that could catch him. 

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Are you deliberately missing the point? 

Some may be, But I understand exactly where you're coming from, If his agent is shall we say a bit of a "loose cannon" an agent who advises said player/s can and will be a problem to deal with.

Agents are a necessary evil in the game, They hold a lot of cards and know when to play them...time will tell I guess 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Are you deliberately missing the point? 

Firstly we don’t know that he’s his agent - it doesn’t say agent in his social media profiles and secondly I just don’t see the harm. 

What difference is this to when we get sent sneaky photos some employee has posted on Twitter? We saw lots of our signings in the kit before they’re officially announced. 

I think if this social media activity was breaking the story then fair enough but the local media for both clubs have said this is happening. 

4 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I've got a feeling he's failed a medical so it's probably back to the drawing board. Is he any better than the other 'highly' rated winger we signed, Camara or something like that ?.

He might have which is more likely to delay, rather than end, the transfer.

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I don’t understand the point or reasoning behind not announcing a player when the deals been done the day before ?

Just guesses but:

1) He’s not been registered yet with the FA or EFL so can’t actually play yet.

2) They want to call a press conference which is best done on a working day.

3) Maximise news cycle which means Monday

Im sure there is a number of perfectly good reasons why we haven’t … we may never know them. Let’s be patient.