Jonson Clarke-Harris - Joined Rotherham

DCFC1388

I'd be amazed if this was Bristol Rovers. Their transfer record is about 390k I read.

Peterborough, according to their chairman, want the £1.6 million back they paid for him. There isn't a chance Bristol Rovers can pay anywhere near that.

Also not really sure why JCH at 29 and the last chance for a relatively big contract would move to a smaller club with less chance of a top 6 finish.

I think he'll end up in the Championship.

One positive is that it makes one of our rivals for the top 6 considerably weaker.

Bristol Rovers getting JCH because they were due as sell-on, but it’s still a strange transfer IMO. 

Not for Bristol Rovers, but certainly for Clarke-Harris. I’m not sure what Bristol Rovers are paying him, but I doubt it’s even going to be as much as James Collins makes with us. It sounded like he wanted to move that way to be with his girlfriend, which is admirable, but he’s leaving a lot of money on the table - even if it means sticking around at Peteborough for the season and leaving on a free. 

It will be interesting to se how it plays out. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Bristol Rovers getting JCH because they were due as sell-on, but it’s still a strange transfer IMO. 

Not for Bristol Rovers, but certainly for Clarke-Harris. I’m not sure what Bristol Rovers are paying him, but I doubt it’s even going to be as much as James Collins makes with us. It sounded like he wanted to move that way to be with his girlfriend, which is admirable, but he’s leaving a lot of money on the table - even if it means sticking around at Peteborough for the season and leaving on a free. 

It will be interesting to se how it plays out. 

it will work out that he'll get 25 goals by the end of the season and be a steal at 800k with a promotion add on .  Massive miss.

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

it will work out that he'll get 25 goals by the end of the season and be a steal at 800k with a promotion add on .  Massive miss.

We’ll see. Bristol’s issue wasn’t even upfront, with Jevani Brown and Archie Collins. MIdfield is suspect, even with the talented Harvey Vale and defence is flat out terrible. Not to mention Joey Barton as manager.

Clarke-Harris is a great player at this level, but I don’t think he does a lot to move the needle for Bristol Rovers. Not enough for what they need.