Match Thread: vs Bolton (A)

Rampant

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

How are other managers/coaches able to get teams at the same level as us playing football so much better than us? This squad is being held back. They’re good enough to pass and move. 

Instead we’re forced to watch Keeper to CB, CB to FB, FB hoofed up the channel 

Warneball

Fornah has been good for me, done the smart things when the ball has presented itself. I would look to drop him deeper, it’s not going to happen but I think I would bring on Radcliffe as the box-to-box and replace Smith. I do think we may need TJJ upfront to just hold the ball up for a bit too. 

We need to keep in the game and take the opportunity when they present themselves. Pleased both Elder and Bradley are doing well. 

7 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Did well from A set piece to win the pen and there’s been some good defending in our own box but this performance again has been crap. 

Papered over by that absolutely bonkers spell against posh. We can’t string any passes together. Strikers are getting no service from open play. 

Put Radcliffe and Barkhuizen on for Smith and Washington and play 433 ffs. This asymmetrical 352/4231 dependent on who has the ball is producing turgid football. 

The frustrating thing is I genuinely believe we have a squad capable of controlling games with the ball on the deck. The midfield is by far the strongest area in our squad and for some reason we're constantly bypassing it, lumping it long and wondering why Washington or Waghorn don't win anything against their massive center halfs. It would be a little bit easier to tolerate if it came with defensive solidarity like Rowett offered but we don't really have that either.

Just now, oodledoodle said:

Disagree. Look how long we spend chasing the ball. This team are fit.

Being fit doesn’t mean you’re athletic. Craig Bryson was fit when his legs had gone and had to leave. He had no short-area quickness and lacked the ability to move laterally anymore. 

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

That's an argument for us to keep the ball and make the other team do the running though, not us to try and outrun them.

Keep the ball at the back… look forward and no one is moving to make space because of the aforementioned inability. 

Started off poorly but slowly grew into the game until Smith gave away the peno.

Fornah is doing well getting stuck in, breaking up play and making simple passes. Smith and Hourihane (set pieces aside) have been poor. Fornah needs to be deeper.

Bradley looks much more comfortable in a sort of back four. 

Strikers need more service, but not a bad score line all told.

Oh and watch this ref, he’s aching to give Bolton an advantage 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Fornah has been good for me, done the smart things when the ball has presented itself. I would look to drop him deeper, it’s not going to happen but I think I would bring on Radcliffe as the box-to-box and replace Smith. I do think we may need TJJ upfront to just hold the ball up for a bit too. 

We need to keep in the game and take the opportunity when they present themselves. Pleased both Elder and Bradley are doing well. 

Bar one tackle he's done diddly.  The rest of the midfield are very static as well.  Defence have done ok.  What does Washington do.?

I think the players we have out need to decide who they're marking, hold the ball for more than 2 passes and start occupying that giant lump at the back who keeps on ambling into midfield. 

I know people will jump on the negativity but I’m just so jealous of those teams who are set up to quickly move the ball across the floor. Instead we get kick and rush. 

31% possession, only shot on target is the penalty and their keeper hasn’t had to make a save. I wasn’t expecting us to win today, or even draw but games shouldn’t feel this one sided against us in the third division. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

I know people will jump on the negativity but I’m just so jealous of those teams who are set up to quickly move the ball across the floor. Instead we get kick and rush. 

31% possession, only shot on target is the penalty and their keeper hasn’t had to make a save. I wasn’t expecting us to win today, or even draw but games shouldn’t feel this one sided against us in the third division. 

I'm not jumping on it. I'm 100% with you. Even when we get a result playing like this I'm a bit disappointed. It's the difference between sleeping with a woman, or knocking one out yourself. Yeah the end result is the same, but can you really say you had a good time?

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Warne thinks he's still at Rotherham, would give him until October and if we are not in the top 6 and playing poorly I'd get him gone.

We might win today but its far from convincing, next few home games are big.

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

I'm not jumping on it. I'm 100% with you. Even when we get a result playing like this I'm a bit disappointed. It's the difference between sleeping with a woman, or knocking one out yourself. Yeah the end result is the same, but can you really say you had a good time?

You are Luis Rubiales and I claim my £5