Is Clowes Blameless?

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Looks like things are tuning toxic far quicker than I ever imagined.

I had concerns that if we weren't sat at the top of the table come the end of September. Some fans could become disgruntled. 

But attacks after only four games, on the person who is the sole reason why we are still watching Derby playing in the EFL, is beyond belief.

Maybe it would have been best if we had had gone under. Then we could have started at grassroots with a supporters group run club, so the only people we could moan about is ourselves.

I wouldn't consider my self in any way a happy clapping, rose tinted wearing optimistic. Yes I'm not happy with how this season as started but the reaction of some fans is plain crazy.

What I am happy with, is how the club is now being financially run. If this means we can't have a realistic go at getting promoted until we are out from under the heel of the EFL, so be it

100% agree with this - excellent post 

11 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

The only thing I'd be asking of Clowes which is a bit benefit of hindsight and he might turn out alright but did we need to offer Warne such a long contract? We're potentially stuck with him until 2026. I suspect to attract him down a league we couldn't get away with offering him 2 years for example. 

We gave Cocu a 4 year contract as well.

And Anya I believe.

Stuff happens. It's not just Clowes.

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Clowes has made questionable decisions but he saved the club .

I’m very  conficted at the moment .

I think we have to except the situation the club is in for now. 

Yes I fear a few seasons of frustration and not a lot of progress, but as you say that's the situation the cub finds itself in. I don't see Clowes playing the managerial 'hire and fire' game, and I expect Warne to see out the majority, if not full duration of his contract at DCFC. 

Edited by europia

9 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes I fear a few seasons of frustration and not a lot of progress, but as you say that's the situation the cub finds itself in. I don't see Clowes playing the managerial 'hire and fire' game, and I expect Warne to see out the majority, if not full term of his contract at DCFC. 

Always going to tough after administration.

PS If Warne has lost the dressing room and confidence of David Clowes then surely he has to go .

Edited by Curtains
Altered

You asked for thoughts, well here’s mine:

That this is a classless and frankly disrespectful topic about a man who reluctantly stepped in and saved our club when nobody else would.

So, unless he’s deliberately done something which has harmed the club or risked our future (financially or with the EFL) then yes, he’s blameless. IMO. 

3 hours ago, eddy779h34 said:

I think he did a great job in ensuring we have a club , but I don't think he has the spending power to get us out of this league. I feel we will all be forever grateful, but I think he should pass the baton to someone with serious wealth if possible, now it appears a lot of the debt baggage has gone surely we are a more attractive buy now than when we were in administration 

I thought Ashley may have come back now we a stable 

Would anyone want him though, certainly not me. We have got an owner that loves this club and thats ok by me.

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

That this is a classless and frankly disrespectful topic about a man who reluctantly stepped in and saved our club when nobody else would.

So, unless he’s deliberately done something which has harmed the club or risked our future (financially or with the EFL) then yes, he’s blameless. IMO. 

He has bought himself a large amount of licence, for what he has done, but that can't last forever. I'm not saying that that licence is over yet for me.  

Clowes has potentially made an error with Warne. I thought it was a mistake then, and the 4-year contract shouldn't have been given out. But Clowes is not an experienced football operator, and he's more than earned our goodwill by saving us when we were on the brink of extinction. I am more than happy to forgive any errors of judgement short of bringing us back to the position we were in before. The fault solely lies with Warne and his mismanagement of the football side not Clowes.

15 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

My thoughts too.

As much as we would love him to get every decision he makes regarding the football club correct, it’s just not practical and things will go wrong. He’s got the freedom of Derby until he so wishes providing obviously nothing sinister which is incredibly unlikely. 

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

You are convinced no one wants to play for Warne (apart from the 6 he signed). Any evidence for this often repeated claim? Any at all?

Yeah, the massive list of targets we keep missing out on to other clubs. Or do you mean apart from all those?

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Yeah, the massive list of targets we keep missing out on to other clubs. Or do you mean apart from all those?

Ah right, can you just give us a quick breakdown of the offers made to clubs and players to attract them and how this compares to offer made by other clubs.

An official list of targets missed out on would be useful.

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ah right, can you just give us a quick breakdown of the offers made to clubs and players to attract them and how this compares to offer made by other clubs.

An official list of targets missed out on would be useful.

Is your argument that Warne has signed all the players he's after? When he's going in front of the press moaning about how "people lie" in football after missing targets? I'm just going by what the man himself has said. Sorry if that's not a good enough source for you.

I'd also argue that the players he has got through the door don't want to play for him any more either. I refuse to accept that the last 4 performances are anything like what those players are capable of.

Edited by oodledoodle

4 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Is your argument that Warne has signed all the players he's after? When he's going in front of the press moaning about how "people lie" in football after missing targets? I'm just going by what the man himself has said. Sorry if that's not a good enough source for you.

I'd also argue that the players he has got through the door don't want to play for him any more either. I refuse to accept that the last 4 performances are anything like what those players are capable of.

Clearly not. My argument is that there many different factors when it comes to buying players. Warne saying "people lie" seems a rather tenuous reason why no one (except the 6 players) we signed has joined.

It almost sounds like it's you own opinion that is been constantly repeated as fact.

Edited by ariotofmyown

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Clearly not. My argument is that there many different factors when it comes to buying players. Warne saying "people lie" seems a rather tenuous reason why no one (except the 6 players) we signed has joined.

It almost sounds like it's you own opinion that is been constantly repeated as fact.

This is a supporters message board where we all chime in and give our uninformed and emotional opinions on 22 men kicking about a bag of wind. I'm sorry if you've come here looking for the news and facts. I'm not claiming to be writing for the athletic. I just want derby to be less crap.