Should we be patient? If so, how does it improve?

Genuinely like to hear the thoughts to that.

Three absolute abject performances all on our own patch reminiscent of Nigel Pearson’s time in charge, if not worse. Not forgetting the damp end to last season.

There isn’t any hint of it improving anywhere on the pitch and the manager seems to think 352 is the way forward regardless. 

The league is weaker and we seemed to have regressed in 12 months. Rosenior bumping into players in July and persuading them so sign and chucking a squad together was better than this. 

We were told we had a significant budget. If he’s blown it on these new players, how is this retrievable? 

Can’t see two youth loans (which is where we are likely shopping) like White and Springett improving it.

I also think we are well over “bantz” interviews now.

Time to get serious with this club and it’s ambitions whilst the window is still open.

i think the main thing is, you can feel patient if you see a plan developing or something building

what plan do we have? we look to have none at all, you could see is coming from a mile off based on our transfers this summer

the direction the club is going in is very worrying for me, it is going to be a long few years in this god awful division

I don't think we have the capability to sack him. We're stuck with dross like that unless he suddenly develops a plan. There were a couple of green shoots at Burton, but tonight they were trodden back into the dirt. He has to own this one, find a Plan B (or A, because f***** if I know what he's trying to do), and find something for us to be excited about. Booing after 3 games shows how little patience we've got for this tripe.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Didn't we fire managers at the first difficulty under Mel? How did that work out for us? "But this is different". No, it isn't. It's time for us to learn our lesson as a club.

We shifted a manager (Rosenior) out the way for improvement and a significant tilt at promotion. We’re worse off almost 12 months later. 

The worst thing DC or PW have done this summer is mention budgets.

As that seems to have either set some unrealistic expectations amongst supporters and also caused the largest amount of second guessing I've ever known on here.

And we still don't know what the budget actually was.

But it still doesn't stop poorly informed comments. 

21 minutes ago, Diego said:

Genuinely like to hear the thoughts to that.

Three absolute abject performances all on our own patch reminiscent of Nigel Pearson’s time in charge, if not worse. Not forgetting the damp end to last season.

There isn’t any hint of it improving anywhere on the pitch and the manager seems to think 352 is the way forward regardless. 

The league is weaker and we seemed to have regressed in 12 months. Rosenior bumping into players in July and persuading them so sign and chucking a squad together was better than this. 

We were told we had a significant budget. If he’s blown it on these new players, how is this retrievable? 

Can’t see two youth loans (which is where we are likely shopping) like White and Springett improving it.

I also think we are well over “bantz” interviews now.

Time to get serious with this club and it’s ambitions whilst the window is still open.

I honestly think the players we have are enough with one or two loans to be in and around the top 6 but....

3 Centre backs... it just seems to me as if no one knows who the big man is and command the box, first goal tonight all 3 nowhere near the attackers 

People talk about on here that the 3 midfielders not working but again I think it's due to formation all playing in a flat line no dynamics... who's the defensive mid, who is playing the creative passes 

I think we should either go 

4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1

Keep it on the floor and pass it round a bit, we don't play more than 5 passes in a row so no wonder we aren't confident on the ball when we get it.

You can still get crosses in the box but passing it round also gives us time to breathe...

Last season it was just Bang into McGoldrick coming deep turn 1 touch, second touch and play down the flanks worked so often... I think Waggy could do that for us this season to a certain extent

so in summary for the Fleetwood game I would play this with waggy in the hole

Wildsmith

Wilson Bradley Cashin Forsyth 

Bird   Hourihane

NML        Waggy      Thompson

Collins/Washington

My first proper post on here sorry for the waffle what we need is the opposite, just back to basics football on the floor ️ Up The Rams 🐏 

Edited by TheRamOfSwad

Just now, Diego said:

We shifted a manager (Rosenior) out the way for improvement and a significant tilt at promotion. We’re worse off almost 12 months later. 

We're 3 games in. Clearly Clowes didn't believe in Rosenior as a stand in, that's gone and is now completely irrelevant. What happens if the next guy doesn't get us up the first time? This time next year, people will want him gone. And we end up in the vicious cycle like we did with Mel. Fans never learn. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The worst thing DC or PW have done this summer is mention budgets.

As that seems to have either set some unrealistic expectations amongst supporters and also caused the largest amount of second guessing I've ever known on here.

And we still don't know what the budget actually was.

But it still doesn't stop poorly informed comments. 

Poorly informed comments watching poor crap percentage clueless football 👍🏻

Obviously performances aren't good,but what do we know about who we've tried to sign ,what money we can pay ,what the actual budget is there's lots of things we don't know the answers to and probably never will,Warne might be to blame for most of it or maybe he's been let down by by clowes,recruitment, agents etc.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We're 3 games in. Clearly Clowes didn't believe in Rosenior as a stand in, that's gone and is now completely irrelevant. What happens if the next guy doesn't get us up the first time? This time next year, people will want him gone. And we end up in the vicious cycle like we did with Mel. Fans never learn. 

Football in 2023. Nothing new. Same at every club. Way it is. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We're not three games in though. We are nearly 12 months in to Warne and we've been getting steadily worse since last winter. We finished last season poorly and we've started this one in even worse shape. It's not an isolated three match blip.

Its the general direction of travel I'm not keen on. Signing journeyman players on short term deals, they don't extend their deals (shock horror they are all in it for the money), no resale value, continue to let youngsters get too close to the end of their deals and go for peanuts. Rinse and repeat. How do we as supporters connect to these players because with the exception of Fozzy and maybe Cashin I'm struggling to see any of these as Derby players if you get where I'm coming from, this is a means to and end for most of them for a little bit. Bird won't be here for much longer sadly. That's not being melodramatic that is the reality of this philosophy we seem to be going with. 

Edited by TheTinMan
submitted too early

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We're not three games in though. We are nearly 12 months in to Warne and we've been getting steadily worse since last winter. We finished last season poorly and we've started this one in even worse shape. It's not an isolated three match blip.

We've had a poor start. We had a poor end of Feb/early March to April, and ended the season ok. If we don't start showing some patience we're never going to get anywhere. It wasn't very good today. What happens when we have a s*** performance under the next guy? Being so reactionary all the time got us where we are. 

My big concern right now is that Warne has made a system that is going to work great going to the small away grounds and everything is a lot tighter, but when you are on a big pitch everyone is about 3 yards away from where they should be and all teams will do like Oxford did andsoak up the pressure and counter attack once we make a mistake.

Could be a make or break decision for Warne, whether he continues or tries to change something.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We've had a poor start. We had a poor end of Feb/early March to April, and ended the season ok. If we don't start showing some patience we're never going to get anywhere. It wasn't very good today. What happens when we have a s*** performance under the next guy? Being so reactionary all the time got us where we are. 

Bad results happen, but if anyone can pick a redeemable quality out of the philosophy and setup we are currently seeing on the pitch I'm all ears, because I can't see any and that is far more concerning than a the scorelines.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

17 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I don't think we have the capability to sack him. We're stuck with dross like that unless he suddenly develops a plan. There were a couple of green shoots at Burton, but tonight they were trodden back into the dirt. He has to own this one, find a Plan B (or A, because f***** if I know what he's trying to do), and find something for us to be excited about. Booing after 3 games shows how little patience we've got for this tripe.

The green shoots were that Burton were as rubbish as us…

5 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

Its the general direction of travel I'm not keen on. Signing journeyman players on short term deals, they don't extend their deals (shock horror they are all in it for the money), no resale value, continue to let youngsters get too close to the end of their deals and go for peanuts. Rinse and repeat. How do we as supporters connect to these players because with the exception of Fozzy and maybe Cashin I'm struggling to see any of these as Derby players if you get where I'm coming from, this is a means to and end for most of them for a little bit. Bird won't be here for much longer sadly. That's not being melodramatic that is the reality of this philosophy we seem to be going with. 

That unfortunately is the penalty we as a club might have to live with for longer than we would like to thanks to Mel .