v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

17 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

I really don't feel we've moved on since this time last year. Was letting Rosenior go a mistake?

yes. 

under rosenior it actually felt like he/we was improving and building towards something. we had a style of play, knew what we were doing, decent to watch, and generally felt we were moving in the right direction. Rosenior was also able to recruit good footballers due to his reputation and was widely respected in the game. Was very well spoken, and seemed quite clever tactically. Not only that but he deserved longer in charge after everything him and wayne did for the club the previous 12 months.

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I know many are criticising Warne tonight but he must have something about him to manage to sign two centre halves worse than Claude Davis because I didn’t actually think that was possible but he appears to have pulled it off.  

Four at the back on Saturday please. It was obvious last season and it is obvious to all this season. The lack of organisation, pattern of play and tactics is quite frankly embarrassing and how far backwards we have gone is shocking. That was the worst I have seen since that Sunderland 5-0 in the rain and to be honest, reminiscent of it as well as the Phil Brown glory years. At least it was nice weather tonight.

Now it’s only a sample size of 2 games that’s I’ve watched, but Bradley is in the running for the worst player I’ve ever seen play for Derby. 

39 minutes ago, TZM said:

What’s happened to the high press that Warne said he’d be implementing from day 1? Has he abandoned it due to the players we have? Instead, we only engaged when the opposition got into our half and then just looked to play it long. Absolutely dire viewing.

Brannagan and McGuane are two of the best midfielders in the league. Derby were probably scared they would just pass through them if we pressed high. Saying that, we have Bird and Hourihane who are also two of the best midfielders in the league. We also outnumbered them as we had Smith as well, but there you go... 

Edited by DCFC Kicks

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

The thing is, you can't expect opposition teams to just do what you'd like them them to do, because they'll always be trying to do things you you don't want them to do..............................

The really worrying thing is, Wigan, Blackpool and Oxford have all tried to play football against us, play out from the back and through midfield and stuff.  Those are the sort of games we *should* be good in - we’re supposedly setting up to press teams that do that.  I was more worried about how we were going to break down the teams that just sat deep and tried to stop us playing.

12 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

As someone else said, what happened to an aggressive high press? Well, what happened is that we simply don't have the mobility or stamina to do it. So we back off, get passed through and sit back in our 5 man backline and when the limited opposition we're playing give us the ball back we have no out ball because the only pace is an out of position winger.

Everyone gets frustrated, starts trying passes that aren't there or taking daft risks and we gift goals away.

We huff and puff as teams with a freshly gifted lead sit in and manage the game. Occasionally we get joy from set pieces, but you can't score that many from corners against a professional defence.

Warne has bought these players and sent them out 3 times with 3 poor performances as a result. Burton we got away with.

Now we'll be short of Bird and Ward for a spell. Probably months.

2 weeks to save the season. Need three great loans. Pace, power, strength.

I'd go to a 4 at the back on Saturday and I'd make sure NML starts as a winger.

Rooney, Waghorn, Elder, Washington, Thompson to start.

never heard of them😅

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

yes. 

under rosenior it actually felt like he/we was improving and building towards something. we had a style of play, knew what we were doing, decent to watch, and generally felt we were moving in the right direction. Rosenior was also able to recruit good footballers due to his reputation and was widely respected in the game. Was very well spoken, and seemed quite clever tactically. Not only that but he deserved longer in charge after everything him and wayne did for the club the previous 12 months.

He was a key ingredient in the club, players and fans uniting together to fight the world. Unity was replaced by expectation the day he was sacked.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The thing is, you can't expect opposition teams to just do what you'd like them them to do, because they'll always be trying to do things you you don't want them to do..............................

Not true from an Oxford perspective though. Their opponents did exactly what they wanted them to do - kick the ball to their number 5’s head at every opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Brannagan and McGuane are two of the best midfielders in the league. They were probably scared they would just pass through them if they pressed high. Saying that, we have Bird and Hourihane who are also two of the best midfielders in the league. We also outnumbered them as we had Smith as well, but there you go... 

To reiterate: Oxford were two points from relegation last season and have 3 wins in seven months. Truthfully, they’re s****, it’s what makes tonight even more disappointing. Like watching two teams with brain injuries kick a ball with a bell in. It didn’t look like a professional football game. 

Sonny Bradley has got to be one of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen play I remember him being fairly decent at Luton but he’s like a Claude davis Albentosa hybrid. The whole defence and midfield look totally inept. I bet Warne will be gone by Christmas if this carries on not sacked but Resign 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

He passes it straight tonight.

Straight to one of their players that led to their first goal didn't he?

I know it's early days so I'm trying not to overreact but I really thought Nelson and Bradley would be a major boost to the team and give us a solid foundation. As it is though, they seem to be more of a liability. 

Fozzy and Cashin in a back 4 Sat as sadly Bradley and Nelson just don’t look very good.

Just now, simmoram1995 said:

Sonny Bradley has got to be one of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen play I remember him being fairly decent at Luton but he’s like a Claude davis Albentosa hybrid. The whole defence and midfield look totally inept. I bet Warne will be gone by Christmas if this carries on not sacked but Resign 

Christmas is looking a long way off. He won’t last that long if this continues. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Brannagan and McGuane are two of the best midfielders in the league. Derby were probably scared they would just pass through them if we pressed high. Saying that, we have Bird and Hourihane who are also two of the best midfielders in the league. We also outnumbered them as we had Smith as well, but there you go... 

so just to summarise, Derby County are too scared to press Oxford Utd at home in a division they are favourites to win

League Of Legends Lol GIF by TeamOrangeGaming

1 minute ago, simmoram1995 said:

Anymore performance’s like our last 3 at home and we will be in a relegation fight at Xmas

Well… what was that…

Never seen a Derby side look so devoid of organisation or a game plan. No patterns of play, no movement, no shape. Swear the 11 point season team had a better idea of how they wanted to play. 

And when we were building some momentum, he made two bizarre substitutions which confused the players, and killed that momentum. 

I know it’s league one, I know he needs time, but it’s looking very worrying. If the formation doesn’t change, I’d be surprised if the results do. 

Oxford quite impressed, but we made it so easy for them. 

4 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

christ we can't wait till christmas