Available Strikers

Dartmouth Ram

Just looking at strikers from PL2 clubs that went on loan last season: 

Slobodan Tedic - used sparingly by Barnsley last season, 4 goals in 21 apps (mostly sub appearances). 3 goals in his 3 starts. 

Jay Stansfield - patchy loan spell for Exeter, but finished on a flourish. Linked with Championship clubs, but think he could be persuaded to have a season at a big League One club providing there was an agreement on playing time, possibly something we wouldn't do. 

Dane Scarlett - largely disappointed at Portsmouth last year considering the potential he's said to have had. Athletically he fits the bill. He's a player, like Dobbin, who it could all click for next season and he would be one of the best players at the level. Sometimes that 'click' just never comes. 

Troy Parrott - disappointed last season in the Championship, but has proven solid in League One previously. Again, I suspect there will be Championship interest but perhaps one to watch.

Joe Hugill - a curious one as he is very highly rated by United, but didn't really take to senior football in the national league. It will be interesting to see where he ends up on loan this season. 

Tyreece John-Jules - My choice, personally, as I feel like this lad has something that could see him progress into a very good striker. He's had problems with injuries, which has stunted his progression, but feel like if we could get him then we need to do whatever it takes. Roll the dice.