v Burton Albion (A) Match Thread

Kernow

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Should have had two penos and totally dominated for 78 minutes according to their manager.  oh and Collins should have been off for elbowing a player in the face.

Anyone 😂

...and we didn't have anyone elbowed/fouled ?

32 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Today has been much better, but it shouldn’t then lead to a massive pendulum swing in mood again (and I am typically a positive, blind optimist!).

3 good goals, and hopefully a clean sheet away from home is great. There’s been more control in the press...

What?  Even Ed Dawes?

About bloody time!  👀

12 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Well done, Derby players, especially Bird and Collins who really stood out today. I thought that Bird should have been taken off but so brave of him to stay on when he must have been in a fair amount of pain.

Fair play to Burton, too. (My birthplace and home for 18 years). I thought they played really well but heads went down at the end. It was a good day for us Rams fans!

I went to school in Winshill from age four to 17 and lived around Burton for thirty years. I was born a Londoner but been in the Black Country (not Birmingham!) since 1981 but still have Burton Albion as my second team. WAY behind the Rams though!

Great result today!!Dance Party GIF by Minions

Nice to get the win. Bird and Collins stand out players, good to get off the mark, well done to Warne for sticking with the starting 11 against Wigan, new players need to gel, no point in mass changes after 1 defeat. 44 games to go, so like last week not going to over react with 1 result, will look at the table 16 games in and see where we are. 

Looking forward to our next 2 home games. We need to get results at home, as that is a bench mark off a successful season. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

10 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm at Duracell's wedding.

How did we play? Any good? Did we change tactics?

Same tactics but tweaked (I think). Less overlapping from Nelson and Cashin, the press seemed more selective rather than disjointed as before.
No real control in the middle of the park in the first half but much better in the second, but still not really the way we set up to play.
Collins scored a good goal from Hourihane’s set piece which was followed by a pretty impressive cf performance, he held it up at times, brought others into play, pressed when he needed to, and defended in his own box (wasn’t flawless but was good in my view). Bird stepped up and was good in attack and defence, played some lovely passes, broke play up at times, counter attacked….and missed a sitter 🤦🏻‍♂️ but he did set Hourihane up to sweep the ball home.

NML played well in spells and missed a number of chances, on another day he’d have scored and definitely still carries a goal threat.
Defence and gk were anxious and nervy first half but clearly communicating better and they grew in confidence as the game went on, much better second half and the clean sheet will be a big plus.

All the subs looked ok when they came on and played their part, Washington took his goal well. 

Didn’t reinvent the wheel but executed what they needed to and took their chances to finish the game…something we didn’t do often enough last season. Positive day overall, still stuff to work on.

28 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

That wasn't aimed entirely at you. More a general point at your "I care more because I'm totally negative about things, even during games when we are winning."

I’m not though? You’d be hard pushed to find many negative comments from me second half.