Why so negative????

5 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Concern that despite a promotion-level budget and the 'king of league one' being in charge of allocating it, we're going to fluff our lines.

If it ends up that Warne isn't able to get us up (or at least challenging) with a budget declared good enough to do just that... then who would be?  That however is a concern fro well in the future. I still have faith we'll achieve what we want, but I need to start seeing some more signs of that faith being rewarded.

18 minutes ago, alram said:

it is not negativity it is worry, i am really not keen as some of lingering at this level

Worry and concern at what we still see from a squad that took longer than a few weeks to assemble but still has big missing parts mostly because of the pattern the manager wants. When will we know where this season is going is a worry too.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I  read most of the posts about the game before I saw it on RamsTV. I have now watched the whole match and I have to say I was pleasently suprised. The football was pretty good. We were the better side as the stats show and apart from the blunders we could have won. Wigan were no mugs.

Reasonably optimistic at the moment. Waghorn may be a more potent Collins but we will see. 

Thank you and ditto. Some comments had me wondering if I should even bother. Very pleasantly surprised, though obvs still majorly disappointed with result. But if highlights were truly accurate I thought there was some very tidy football . And these boys will gel 

I think one of the reasons I get happy clappy is to offset some of the bizarre comments on here. There are those who stray way beyond objectivity and seem to want to see the worst face, the most negative outlook, doomsaying and all with a  told you so bitterness. It’s a sort of footy equivalent of a Stockholm syndrome. 

I hope he does well, i generally do.  Coz it feels like he is banging square pegs into round holes at the moment, just like last season. If he assembled a young team of lower league,non-league gems to mould into squad over time, i believe most folk would be more patient and positive. As it is, it feels like same problems, new season and our signings are getting older. I hope it works, starting tonight but i fear a brutal August looking at the fixture list. 

3 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Correct, only one game played, we played well enough but on the basis that we only scored one goal I'm not sure how we could have "easily won by two clear goals"? 

It's looking increasingly likely that we won't get pace in. The market is absolutely flat. Even PL teams don't seem to be letting youngsters go out on loan. Teams who have relied heavily on loans in the past might struggle this year.

Your point that you'd rather lose than win 5-0 is completely lost on me. I'll take the 5-0 win thanks. I'm sure the topic among Barnsley fans having beaten Port Vale 7-0 wasn't "I wish we'd lost".

It clearly hasn't gelled straight away but I'm not worried. We played well enough in patches on Saturday to suggest we could have a good season. You wouldn't expect the defence to be collectively that poor again this season.

People have gone over the top, but also I've seen some very valid constructive criticism that you clearly see as whining. 

The prem loans will come out, but not until the last week usually when EPL have finished their wheeling and dealing.

I like Warne a lot. Thought we showed enough promising signs on Saturday. A little perplexed by some of his tactical decisions and post-match comments, but not overly concerned at the moment.

But if we are not able to critique a manager who has been in charge for nearly a year then what is the point of ever discussing DCFC? Might as well just replace everyone in the stands with clapping seals.

I think there are some slightly moronic fanboys amongst our supporters (they all exist on Twitter for the most part thankfully) who seem to be so endowed by Warne’s somewhat memeable quality that they don’t even want to entertain a discussion around him. Reminds me of Rowett and Rooneyism, a bit. 

Edited by Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I would love to defend and speak up for Warne, but on the basis of Saturday’s performance, it is difficult.

It was the kind of result and performance that would give anyone with doubts over Warne all the ammunition needed. It would be plain ignorant to suggest otherwise.

The tactics didn’t work. The shape didn’t work. We conceded two painfully avoidable goals that highlighted major flaws in the coaching team’s approach. The overall approach brought the best out of few, not many.

Warne doesn’t have to win me over personally, but I think it is fair to say that the situation is fragile and goodwill from the fanbase could evaporate very quickly If signings aren’t forthcoming and there aren’t signs of life.

We really need a win tonight to get the ball rolling and build some confidence because if not, our upcoming run looks littered with trip hazards.

Agree totally on this, am not as convinced by yourself by the sounds of it on warne but am equally as desperate for a win. Just a few games unbeaten would lift the mood so much and make coaches and players jobs easier and fans more relaxed. 

I saw this Tweet yesterday and it made me wonder if it might be related to some of the negativity. 

The fans of most other teams in the EFL, and also of the PL apart from those permanently in the top division, have had promotions more recently than us to enjoy/keep them preoccupied. Of the other similarly sized clubs to us in the list, all have been in the PL since we have, and haven't had to endure the 07/08 season, two relegations, near liquidation etc.

So in a way Derby are in an almost unique situation, and so the supporters may be more twitchy or hopeful of success than those of other clubs, and hence more critical even after the first game of the season when things don't go to plan...

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 7.49.45 AM.png

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I like Warne a lot. Thought we showed enough promising signs on Saturday. A little perplexed by some of his tactical decisions and post-match comments, but not overly concerned at the moment.

But if we are not able to critique a manager who has been in charge for nearly a year then what is the point of ever discussing DCFC? Might as well just replace everyone in the stands with clapping seals.

I think there are some slightly moronic fanboys amongst our supporters (they all exist on Twitter for the most part thankfully) who seems to be some endowed by Warne’s somewhat memeable quality that they don’t even want to entertain a discussion around him. Reminds me of Rowett and Rooneyism, a bit. 

I agree with this I like Warne and am desperate for him to do well for us!

The league is looking significantly weaker this time so absolutely no excuses. Can’t say it’s not his team. I still have questions about the recruitment but I also acknowledge there’s time in the window still so hopefully we get the right players in that we need. Even if it’s prem/championship loans to get some pace in there!

If we don’t improve on last years position he’s gone but I really hope that’s not the case.

4 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

1 game played

Could have easily won by 2 clear goals but for 2 absolute shockers

Still 3 weeks of window open to get some pace in

An opening day defeat should serve us better than a 5-0 win as it will temper expectations. 

We have had a fair bit of turnover during the summer and it's never going to gel straight away.

Stop your whining...

Every club will have had a fair bit of a turnover during the summer so that’s no excuse.

My concern or whining as you would probably put it is that the issues that cost us against Wigan are the same issues that plagued us last season.

So a lack of goals (even worse now we don’t have McGoldrick) and silly sloppy mistakes in defence.

1 game played

An opening day defeat should serve us better than a 5-0 win as it will temper expectations. 

We have had a fair bit of turnover during the summer and it's never going to gel straight away.

Stop your whining...

Agreed it’s too early to be worried, but a 2-0 win would have flattered us against Wigan. They played the better stuff in my opinion and it was the actual performance that worried me more…very little creativity other than from Ward’s crossing.

If we had lost 3-0 then I wouldn’t have thought it was unfair.

20 minutes ago, Justa said:

Every club will have had a fair bit of a turnover during the summer so that’s no excuse.

My concern or whining as you would probably put it is that the issues that cost us against Wigan are the same issues that plagued us last season.

So a lack of goals (even worse now we don’t have McGoldrick) and silly sloppy mistakes in defence.

Go through the team 1 by 1 and ask yourself where the goals are coming from . We’d be lucky to score 40 goals judging by there previous records. Most of the 11 haven’t score over 5 in a season in the last 5 years 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Go through the team 1 by 1 and ask yourself where the goals are coming from . We’d be lucky to score 40 goals judging by there previous records. Most of the 11 haven’t score over 5 in a season in the last 5 years 

You'd be hoping for 0-0 then? 

1 game played

Stop your whining...

Well the crowd are looking at whining in the rear view mirror as they cruise past booing.

Trouble at t'mill

I haven't had a great deal of faith in Paul Warne for a little while now. Towards the end of last year I didn't feel he had a good grip on things.

I'm torn though, because we've built "his squad" now, in his formation. We need to give it a bit longer.

I was critical when we had Rosenior have a whole window and blank slate to bring in players, and then let him go. I'd be hypocritical to call for anything different with Warne.

Need to give it at least 10, if not 15, league games

5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

What exactly is it that you're so upset that people are "whining" about?

Haven't seen anybody get too upset about our chances of going up this season but I have seen some absolutely fair criticism of a manager who has been in charge since last September.

Might want to check out tonights match day thread.. some proper toys out the pram going off