v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

It should be 4 or 5 to them.

The press isn't working. They look quicker and technically better.

Wilson looks like he has never defended in his life and Bradley has the mobility of superglued traffic cone.

He has tried to start 4 players who aren't match fit. Players are falling out with each other and appealing to Warne to change it.

Shambles.

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

No its not… Elder had a choice and he made the wrong one simple as

he made a poor decision , he has to take responsibility for it in the same way wilsdsmith and bradley did 

iv played centre half and if i did that im carrying the cab for it not my gaffer 

Ok fair enough. We’re only 1-0 down to Blackpool reserves then.

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I am off to bed as I’m starting work at 4am tomorrow, but I won’t miss any more midweek matches because of work ad I retire on Friday.

I’m thinking of using my pension lump sum to by a pair of boots as I’ll have plenty pf time to turn up at training. I know I’m 66 but surely I can do better than this lot.

Enjoy retirement mate, all of it except the football anyway.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Shocking isnt it

Its almost as if theyve only played 1 and a half competitive matches together 🙄🤦

I’ve already mentioned Wigans player turnover this summer and Blackpool have made 6 changes tonight so why isn’t it affecting those teams? Could it be that their managers are actually good at their job as opposed to the two bob fitness coach we are stuck with?!

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes but its not fifa .. he doesnt control them when they cross the line does he

elder has been promoted from this division, hes been team of the season from this division .. what more do u want for what we can afford ? A ballon dor nominee ??? 🤦

Well yes but then you have to ask why all these experienced players are suddenly making uncharacteristic mistakes. It could be their fault; it could be bad luck; or it could be that the system itself isn't working and is causing confusion.

In which case it might be the manager's fault.

Similarly the fact we don't look like scoring and don't have any control further up the pitch might me the manager's fault, too. It's not like we've been dominating the game and peppering their goal except for a couple of mistakes.

Early days, shouldn't overreact, but this isn't a great reflection on the manager's work over the summer.

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I am off to bed as I’m starting work at 4am tomorrow, but I won’t miss any more midweek matches because of work as I retire on Friday.

I’m thinking of using my pension lump sum to by a pair of boots as I’ll have plenty pf time to turn up at training. I know I’m 66 but surely I can do better than this lot.

Best Wishes for a long and happy retirement.

Might be worth staying away from the football for a bit.

Basic organisation, commitment and professionalism are non-negotiable, and the manager has to deliver those things. Individual errors, yes, but the manager sets the team up and carries the can. 3 halves of woeful football defensively, and nowt but huffing and puffing going forward.

Bare minimum requirement is that we put a shift in second half.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

How many players did blackpool bring in ? Or lost ?

have they got a brand new back line too?? 

They have made more changes than we have tonight. We have played with a back three all preseason, so there is no excuses.

I'd take Elder off for Fozzy. Need some experience and leadership on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I am off to bed as I’m starting work at 4am tomorrow, but I won’t miss any more midweek matches because of work as I retire on Friday.

DavesaRam DavesaRam give us a goal DavesaRam give us a goal