v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

28 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I said after the game on Saturday that Bird did not look interested.

Half hearted closing down. Barely put a shift in.

Apparently it was the same again from him tonight.

If he doesn't want to be here. Let him go.

He offers us absolutely nothing anyway.

I'm sure we'll be able to replace the one goal he scored last season.

Sorry but overall Bird was one of the better ones tonight

16 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

He clearly said a couple of my players so this isn't just about Max Bird. He sounded to me like a man who is fed up with what has happened in the transfer window so far and I just get the nagging feeling he a bit like some of us may have misinterpreted what Clowes meant by a 'competitive' budget. The word short used a lot, sounded like a plea to the man at the top to me, I might be wrong. 

He said 1 or 2 players, so he couldn't be pinned down on one. It didn't work. 

42 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Wasn't optimism particularly was more of an observation around depending on your personal viewpoint of Warne one chooses to either highlight the losing streak last season (and ignore the winning one) or vice versa. 

Just meant to add some balance to a debate which appears to be sadly lacking in it. 

Do you work in politics?

Avoided my question. 

I’ll answer it for you and won’t deny the run we had last season but with that team tonight, not a chance in hell we will go on a similar run this season.

Goodnight chum.

What a week - and it’s only Tuesday! 

Stupid comment to make by Warne, for sure, who is clearly very angry. The whole situation just looks fraught to me at the moment, we’ve painted ourselves into a corner with the EFL budget and we have players who want to leave that we can’t replace if they go. Now, unfortunately, it just seems like there is a cloud over the club at the moment compounded with that Warne interview. If we hadn’t banned our entire budget on experience, it probably wouldn’t be so disappointing. The truth is that we’ve made a very significant investment on getting promoted this season and we look absolutely miles off it. 

Where we go from here, that is the question? My opinion is that any Bamford who doesn’t want to be here can get to f***, we’re literally talking about League One footballers - I care slightly more about some more than others, but ultimately I can’t wait for the day where this level of player simply can’t get a deal at Derby County. As I said, it’s just a shame we’ve invested most of budget in players here for one or two years to get the club up rather than spend our time developing something.

I don’t like playing with a back 3 as you are giving license for a centre half not to do his job and yet again we are wide open to a long ball straight down the middle where our smallest centre half is back peddling against a on rushing forward.

we look ponderous in midfield and the pitch looks too big for some of our central defenders 

Forsyth is our stand out defender !  
we are missing Sibley who is our best attacking midfielder and Mendiz Lang who is our stand out attacking player with pace when played out wide where he can use it

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I am typically positive in my views and have always looked to back that up by sharing my rationale and thinking.

I’ve read several posts this last week from people boldly claiming there’s a group of fans who won’t hear criticism of Warne, and this odd stance that does almost seem like revelling in the team’s and therefore the fan’s misery just to have an “I told you so moment” from certain quarters.
I’m all for an open dialogue that includes both praise and criticism of Warne and the team, provided it’s backed up by rationale thinking and isn’t just some binary stance of you’re either pro or anti Warne. It’s almost a microcosm of the way society is at the moment following a certain European exit, people staking their claim for one cause of the other with no room for nuance and sensible discourse.

Clearly the 3 at the back isn’t working so far this season. There is a need for pace in the side. There’s a need for more creativity. Those are sensible and logical observations several posters have made and I understand those. The bit I don’t like is the posts that seem to be more personal insults and underlying malice aimed at Warne, where his apparent intent has only been to do well for the club and aim to succeed. Yes he’s not delivering on those expectations but why does it have to become a personal thing rather than a professional one? Things like attacking Warne’s values and approach to morale building, what’s wrong with having a “why wall” theoretically presenting the players with a visual reminder of their motivations? If it’s not for you, fine, but it seems a strange thing to attack. Posts ridiculing his focus on good characters, the intent to recruit the “right personalities” into the playing staff makes absolute sense, especially as they are all (allegedly based on the last 2 games) experienced professional footballers. How he then blends and motivates that group is the challenge. Those are just a couple of points to pick out, there’s plenty more that seem more personal to the man than simple criticism of his tactics or the like.
The performances the last 2 games haven’t been good enough. The bit that always stands out for me is when I listen to what Warne is saying like in the above video, he knows that, and highlights the points.
So the questions then become what is he doing about them and how does he change it? I think it needs to be a switch to a back 4 for the weekend, either 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 to provide a more solid platform to the side. 

That is all true but I think Warne is as stubborn as an old goat and he will stick with 3 CBS and we could struggle to get top 6 this season and he will be gone if that is the case.

We have signed Wing backs and have bought Nelson and Bradley I can't see either of them being happy on the bench as Cashin will start. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t like playing with a back 3 as you are giving license for a centre half not to do his job and yet again we are wide open to a long ball straight down the middle where our smallest centre half is back peddling against a on rushing forward.

we look ponderous in midfield and the pitch looks too big for some of our central defenders 

we are missing Sibley who is our best attacking midfielder and Mendiz Lang who is our stand out attacking player with pace when played out wide where he can use it

Sibley could be one of those who's having thoughts of playing elsewhere, I'd imagine alongside Barkhuizen who was binned off for the Dobster in January despite scoring plenty and having his best performances since joining.

Mendez-Laing was very good with Knight behind doing all his leg work.  That was his best and he looked knackered in this system.  That will only get worse now he's committed to trips around Central America for Guatemala.

I could imagine Wildsmith with 12 months left may another with a few suitors after a solid season.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Where's this guy who is the player recruitment employee, he ain't done much of a job yet 

I reckon unless we get some loans from the prem, a strong centre mid and a striker under the age of 30 we are a bottom 6 team. I could see from the Stoke pre season we were a poor team. Who got lucky on the day.  I would go as far as saying we need a complete new midfield  

3 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Where's this guy who is the player recruitment employee, he ain't done much of a job yet 

I reckon unless we get some loans from the prem, a strong centre mid and a striker under the age of 30 we are a bottom 6 team. I could see from the Stoke pre season we were a poor team. Who got lucky on the day.  I would go as far as saying we need a complete new midfield  

I don’t think league one clubs can expect to get the type of players we need on loan 

Wasn’t at the game tonight due to relatives visiting but read the comments on the Forum at half time from some of the “fans” . Just heard the comments from Paul Warne on RamsTV and he backed up that the 1st half was dire. He took responsibility for the performance and looked gutted. He said they had a lot of work to do to improve our performances. Fair does to him for being honest, although I am sure he will get criticised further from the regular “fans” for being honest. 

Our start to the season has been a shock for many fans (not all!) but what we need to do is get behind the team.

I wouldn’t like to have been in the trenches during WWll with many of the contributors on this site, in fact I think they would all be writing in German now if that had been the case.

It’s probably time to have a rest from this forums for a few weeks until sanity and a bit of realism returns. It’s not good at the moment but just remember where we were 12 months ago and support the guy who saved us and his choice of manager. 44 League game to go for pity’s sake.

Having been at both games, I thought tonight’s was far worse than Saturday. On Saturday we played some decent football but were let down by two defensive howlers. Tonight, in the first half, the players looked like they had never met before, and the lack of effort and movement was unbelievable. On numerous occasions a player would lose the ball and give up. Kane Wilson was particularly guilty of this - probably the worst half of football by a player in a Derby shirt that I’ve seen for a decade. Mercifully Paul Warne had the good sense to sub him at halftime. He wasn’t the only one at fault, though. There appeared to be a general “can’t be bothered “ approach throughout most of the team. The second half was better, it had to be, but the damage was already done. It is clear that three at the back is not working and the sooner Warne sees this the more likely he is to still be here at Christmas.

8 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

on another forum, there are tales of fallouts between Warne and Thomas 

2 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Wasn’t at the game tonight due to relatives visiting but read the comments on the Forum at half time from some of the “fans” . Just heard the comments from Paul Warne on RamsTV and he backed up that the 1st half was dire. He took responsibility for the performance and looked gutted. He said they had a lot of work to do to improve our performances. Fair does to him for being honest, although I am sure he will get criticised further from the regular “fans” for being honest. 

Our start to the season has been a shock for many fans (not all!) but what we need to do is get behind the team.

I wouldn’t like to have been in the trenches during WWll with many of the contributors on this site, in fact I think they would all be writing in German now if that had been the case.

It’s probably time to have a rest from this forums for a few weeks until sanity and a bit of realism returns. It’s not good at the moment but just remember where we were 12 months ago and support the guy who saved us and his choice of manager. 44 League game to go for pity’s sake.

The trenches were WW1 but I get what you are saying

2 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

I think equating people on a forum being unhappy with some football results with those same people being potentially responsible for losing an entire world war is a bit mad to be honest