v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Because I don’t like Paul Warne that makes me the kind of guy who would chant about someone’s child dying? Wow, I take great offence to that.

For your information, I actually quite like Billy Sharp the man. Past it as a football, but a good character nonetheless.

You want to throw personal and professional insults at a bloke you dont even know because you don’t rate him for the derby job , read your post again , way over the top offensive garbage , im ok that you take offence as you have no problem throwing it out at warne and others , how did you know I wasn’t talking about the sex offender chants 🤷🏻‍♂️

do yourself a favour and perhaps chill down on the insults to warne , they are over the top and you perhaps don’t realise quite what you portray yourself as 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Just let us know when it’s acceptable to be a bit worried about a bloke who’s had 50 matches with us which includes almost relegation form to drop out of the play offs whilst being cemented in them - a full pre season with some key signings included and still looking very bad in quite significant spells over these two matches. 

Christ I don’t think we should be getting rid of him but some of the head in the sand/thou shalt never criticise stuff is as bad as the ‘he can’t convince anyone to sign for us’ rubbish. 

Here is a question: how much impact do you think defensive mistakes have had on us so far this season? Personally, I believe we conceded at key moments against Wigan from catastrophic mistakes which massively impacted on our performances. Tonight wasn't good, again another defensive error. The senior professionals making these mistakes should be the one receiving the flack. 

Just now, Srg said:

The main issues for me are 3 fold. Warne talks a good game about pressing and alike, but then you look in the team and they’re general older 1 dimensional players who don’t have the pace or stamina to carry it out. Couple that with who we are getting linked with and there just appears to be a huge disconnect there somehow. 

Finally, you can’t make the basic basic errors we have done in the last 2 games defensively at any level. There’s zero excuse. Formations, style of play… doesn’t matter. They’re basic individual errors. 

That's fair enough, but squad wise I'm not enturly sure we'd get that much better whoever was the manager - older one dimensional players are the ones we can get free/cheap with some level of ability in their one dimension, or we could get prime run-around-a-lot guys with an even lower skill set.

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Just let us know when it’s acceptable to be a bit worried about a bloke who’s had 50 matches with us which includes almost relegation form to drop out of the play offs whilst being cemented in them - a full pre season with some key signings included and still looking very bad in quite significant spells over these two matches. 

Christ I don’t think we should be getting rid of him but some of the head in the sand/thou shalt never criticise stuff is as bad as the ‘he can’t convince anyone to sign for us’ rubbish. 

Yano to drop out of the playoffs you actually have to be in them in the first place.....remember that massive unbeaten run we went on when we were pushing for Automatic promotion?

Probably not as some folks appear to have selective memories on here and always regurgitate the negative outcomes to reinforce their own personal narratives. 

I haven't tried to defend the indefensible this evening but by Christ there's some people on here that I'm sure have a voodoo doll of Warne sitting at home. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's fair enough, but squad wise I'm not enturly sure we'd get that much better whoever was the manager - older one dimensional players are the ones we can get free/cheap with some level of ability in their one dimension, or we could get prime run-around-a-lot guys with an even lower skill set.

I agree with this take. I'm sure Warne, a manager known for a love of players with higher work rate would love some younger, talented players if he was able to sign them. People have to be realistic that these players simply are not available on a free. 

26 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

It’s the back end of last season as well, think we’ve won 1 in 8 at home, 3 in 12 overall. There are new players to bed in etc etc but the lack of any cohesive football up the top end of the pitch is worrying!

Its as if theres 8 new players aka 4/5th of a new team getting to know how each other play, building understanding, fluency etc 🤔

15 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

His wacky persona is harder to take when we’re losing games 

I think this this magnifies some of the negative attitudes to Warne, if all is going well then he is a charismatic raconteur, a team builder and morale raiser; if all is not well then he is a clown with an inappropriate attitude to the seriousness of the situation.

Personally I think it's too early to tell, 95-96 Jim Smith's first season, we were average at best until November, started with back 3, failed, went to a back 4, 17th place (?) In November, then reverted to a back 3 and went on a run and go up. Yes I know a fella named Igor may have had something to do with it, but something clicked for Willems, VdL, Yates in that system where it didnt before. I'm not saying this'll be the same, but keeping the faith worked out for the better, struggling to think where an early sacking worked in our favour (come seasons end).

Lose to,Burton though and I can see a few more fans turning against Warne.

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I think this this magnifies some of the negative attitudes to Warne, if all is going well then he is a charismatic raconteur, a team builder and morale raiser; if all is not well then he is a clown with an inappropriate attitude to the seriousness of the situation.

Personally I think it's too early to tell, 95-96 Jim Smith's first season, we were average at best until November, started with back 3, failed, went to a back 4, 17th place (?) In November, then reverted to a back 3 and went on a run and go up. Yes I know a fella named Igor may have had something to do with it, but something clicked for Willems, VdL, Yates in that system where it didnt before. I'm not saying this'll be the same, but keeping the faith worked out for the better, struggling to think where an early sacking worked in our favour (come seasons end).

Lose to,Burton though and I can see a few more fans turning against Warne.

And who would they go for instead?

Well that's a very poor start to the season. It's only two games in, but the initial signs don't look great. 

That said there's plenty of time to turn things around and the window is still open so Warne is going to have to earn his corn in the coming weeks. 

Need to get to the 10-15 game mark to see what's potentially what. Some of the pants pissing is a bit much!