Michael Smith

DCFC1388

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, Sparkle said:

A loan would be ok, can’t see Sheffield Wednesday agreeing to that, unless they want him next season if they get relegated 

Completely agree Sparkie.  Warne knows him well and like Collins he puts a shift in, but he's quicker, better in the air and offers better movement which would open things up more for our wider and central midfield players.

6 Months loan, or 18 month contract at the very best, but Wednesday would have to sell him to us for peanuts if that was the case.  Also depends how long Waggy is out for. 

A loan the best option, so if Sheff Weds come down he could go back to their squad.

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace 

Edited by GangwayD

18 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Completely agree Sparkie.  Warne knows him well and like Collins he puts a shift in, but he's quicker, better in the air and offers better movement which would open things up more for our wider and central midfield players.

6 Months loan, or 18 month contract at the very best, but Wednesday would have to sell him to us for peanuts if that was the case.  Also depends how long Waggy is out for. 

A loan the best option, so if Sheff Weds come down he could go back to their squad.

Cheers

Great points apart from suggesting he is quick as he has half the pace of Collins but much better in the air.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Great points apart from suggesting he is quick as he has half the pace of Collins but much better in the air.

Maybe 'quick' was an exaggeration, but half the pace of JC !?, Wow, I reckon that means I could walk faster than he runs 😛

I thought he was much more mobile.  I've changed my mind then !

Cheers