v Wigan (H) Match Thread

Day

13 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

That's the only opinion you're allowed to have on here, did you not get the memo about negative opinions not being allowed? 

This dramatic sarcasm is far more irritating than negative opinions. If you want to be negative feel free, that’s your choice, but then be adult enough to have people who don’t feel that way call it out. In very much the same way people can call out optimism and positive views. 
It’s the first game of the season, it’s one match, it’s disappointing to lose and especially in the manner we did…it doesn’t mean the sky is falling. There’s time to make more signings, there’s time to change tactics, there’s time for the team to gel, there’s time for injured players to get fit. 
So have your negative opinions, revel in them, and I hope things get better for the club this season so you can feel a bit jollier in time. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

A win next Sat and it’s the same start as last year. 

Glaringly obvious we need 4 even 5 more in. Midfield worries me, not much in terms of legs. 

Disappointing not to start with a win and so much football left to be played. 

Be interesting to see the vibe this time next week if we lose though. Warne knows full well there’s not much room for days like today to keep happening. 

Think we’re way off where we need to be. The only positive is that at least 20 of the other teams in this league won’t be as good as that Wigan team.

Midfield is awful. Bird really needs to be stepping up and running games otherwise take what we can get and replace him.

The recruitment team need to pull their finger out otherwise I can’t see how we better last year. 

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

They liken me to the modern bob dylan.

can't sing and now can't play harmonic with it........

Oh well - is your guitar in tune? 😬

8 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I’ll say one thing, if we play like that every game this season. We go down. Midfield way too slow and lethargic, Hourihane was walking 70 mins, should’ve been hauled off. Little to no creativity. Felt like we were scared to make a forward pass at times. Ver very concerning first game. Hopefully Warne walks into clowes office tomorrow and tells him to get his players in

A small part of me hopes we play like that every game this season just to test your theory 🤣

(I don't think we would, but let's see how we get on at Burton and take it from there)

Very similar to last season for me had a great 20 minute spell in the first half, but still one dimensional and ran out of ideas at the end playing only to wings, need some creativity in the middle and a pacey striker that can cut through defences.

Foz great finish and a good game defensively but 1/10 good crosses isn’t good enough for him in a wingback position.

Collins should’ve bagged in the first half I hope he can find that pre season confidence.

Kane Wilson will be like marmite very exciting to watch but also frustrating will do too much in dangerous areas and put us in trouble.

Need a few signings to compete, I think we’d scrape playoffs with what we have but we need something more in the middle and up top.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Lose our first game of the season and there's posts about going down 😆

Welcome back football, I missed you.

It’s the hope that kills you, but we’re going nowhere until we can do the basics. Two major errors in one game is unusual even at League 2 level. We’re under EFL restrictions still re the business plan and unfortunately there is a major correlation between £ and quality at any level.

Just now, hintonsboots said:

It’s the hope that kills you, but we’re going nowhere until we can do the basics. Two major errors in one game is unusual even at League 2 level. We’re under EFL restrictions still re the business plan and unfortunately there is a major correlation between £ and quality at any level.

We made these errors and very nearly made the play-offs though. It's annoying to lose because of errors, but I think we will add to our squad, whether it's a significant improvement or not remains to be seen, and we can push on after this month.

We're under restrictions that still give us a bigger budget than the majority in this league, and we'll still have more quality than the majority too.

Well I’m not gonna lie but I saw our line up at the start …..Collins and NML up front and immediately said uh oh we are gonna struggle to score again …. Hard to feel good about a game at the start when the line is lead by a striker who scored 11 goals and a winger who scored 7 last season 

What happened to finding a striker to replace the goals scored by McGoldrick last season seeing as we’ve lost him and without his input we could have been playing in League 2 now 

Could be a season again of long hard regret with moments of hope and despair in equal measurement