The new identity and colours of Derby County

Carl Sagan

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

I find it very hard to believe that fans would openly say they hate the kit, done in conjunction with a cancer charity, on the official club TV platform, alongside the high profile current manager and that is went out to broadcast for people to see.

Believe or not he did unless he was joking about with.

I love gold colour kit 97 to 98 one again.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Believe or not he did unless he was joking about with.

I love gold colour kit 97 to 98 one again.

Owen Bradley >> "Wayne, thanks for joining us on ramstv for the launch of our new kit in conjunction with a leading breast Cancer charity which obviously has lead to the choice of pink to raise public awareness. We are excited to know what you think"

Wayne Rooney >> "I hate it, espcially the colour"

Owen Bradley >> " er, thanks Wayne"

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think looked awful in pink even Rooney hated that kit.

You get a lot of stick on here about this pink thing, it's ok not to like the colour, I hate the burgundy kits. You don't need to make up things like Rooney hating it to back yourself up though. 

I'm sure if Wayne was to see your post he would distance himself from it completely.

Like it or not, the club have announced "Community Pink" as a colour on the clubs palette, it's there and it's there for a good reason.

If that means we see another pink kit to support Breast Cancer that sees profits go to charities, that is a good thing. Think about all the female fans that may be affected, even the male fans whose daughters, wives, mothers that will be supported by money raised through the sale of those kits.

1 minute ago, David said:

You get a lot of stick on here about this pink thing, it's ok not to like the colour, I hate the burgundy kits. You don't need to make up things like Rooney hating it to back yourself up though. 

I'm sure if Wayne was to see your post he would distance himself from it completely.

Like it or not, the club have announced "Community Pink" as a colour on the clubs palette, it's there and it's there for a good reason.

If that means we see another pink kit to support Breast Cancer that sees profits go to charities, that is a good thing. Think about all the female fans that may be affected, even the male fans whose daughters, wives, mothers that will be supported by money raised through the sale of those kits.

I still wont be buying it end off but why cant just buy the badge. On the shirt if they want too.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I still wont be buying it end off but why cant just buy the badge. On the shirt if they want too.

Not sure what you are suggesting, but you don't have to buy anything. I didn't buy any of the shirts last season, nobody is forcing us.

Our last pink kit, £5 from every shirt sale went to Breast Cancer awareness. 

Put your thoughts on the colour aside and recognise the cause. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure what you are suggesting, but you don't have to buy anything. I didn't buy any of the shirts last season, nobody is forcing us.

Our last pink kit, £5 from every shirt sale went to Breast Cancer awareness. 

Put your thoughts on the colour aside and recognise the cause. 

Exactly.

Just don't buy the shirt, but donate the money instead.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm confused here. Are they asking people to wear the old shirts,  making replicas to flog or just doing a presentation on shirts. ??.  Our club will always be Black and White or Blue on rare occasions. Away shirts are just a giggle aren't they from Pink to Orange.  

And slime green.

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It was on rams tv with people like me and they said they hated pink kit and he said me too unless he was joking with them.

I cant tell from face expressions.

He told me it was his favourite when he gave me this, said that he wished it was more red though like his man United shirts 🤷‍♂️

IMG_0557.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

14 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm confused here. Are they asking people to wear the old shirts,  making replicas to flog or just doing a presentation on shirts. ??.  Our club will always be Black and White or Blue on rare occasions. Away shirts are just a giggle aren't they from Pink to Orange.  

its to get away from the black and white that surrounds the entire club, everywhere you look, doesnt have to be that way so the club are looking to introduce more colour into the ground, the training centre, the shop, the ticket office, the function suites, so rather than just use random colours they have recreated past identities taken from home coloured kits and away kits. nothing to do with selling anything nor to get involved by wearing anything, you do not have to do a thing, its happening around you.

11 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

its to get away from the black and white that surrounds the entire club, everywhere you look, doesnt have to be that way so the club are looking to introduce more colour into the ground, the training centre, the shop, the ticket office, the function suites, so rather than just use random colours they have recreated past identities taken from home coloured kits and away kits. nothing to do with selling anything nor to get involved by wearing anything, you do not have to do a thing, its happening around you.

To be honest, I like Black and White.  It's our colours and should always be front and foremost.  Loads of colours all over the place dilutes identity at home. Away kits are for fun not for life. 

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be honest, I like Black and White.  It's our colours and should always be front and foremost.  Loads of colours all over the place dilutes identity at home. Away kits are for fun not for life. 

It's not always been our colours though - I quite like blue and white, lots of success in them. Plus no-one said B&W weren't foremost, accent colours most definitely needed and what loweman2 says is top, they aren't just other random colours.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's not always been our colours though - I quite like blue and white, lots of success in them. Plus no-one said B&W weren't foremost, accent colours most definitely needed and what loweman2 says is top, they aren't just other random colours.

All opinions mate.  I  did say occasionally Blue in my first post but not the check kind. Just not for me.  Nothing against away shirts and I agree everyone has memories in them, just not plastered all over the ground.  Perhaps have them on paths round the turnstiles.  That would do me. 

I think that the pink shirt is and was great.  Aside from it being aesthetically good It showed us to be a proper club and willing to show our support to the community, just like last years gifting to the NSPCC which was pretty classy in my book.  My (at the time) 13 year old lad loved his and definitely understood the sentiment behind it, most of his mates who are Rams had it too.

I rarely buy one for myself to be honest.  Being …ahem… rather on the portly side nowadays, I really didn’t want go for the one that said “Just Eat” on it a few seasons back! 😂  However this year I have decided to go retro and get the 1988 shirt with the round collar and popper thingy.  It was the first one I bought with my own money as a teenager, and wore it constantly.

For a young lad my boy is pretty patient.  He waits every year from his birthday in mid June until the new kit comes out, last season was proper torture for him.  I get more excited to see his reaction to the new one when it comes out and our trip to get it than anything else, so can’t wait… 😆

Edited by Guest