The new identity and colours of Derby County

Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be honest, I like Black and White.  It's our colours and should always be front and foremost.  Loads of colours all over the place dilutes identity at home. Away kits are for fun not for life. 

nothing to do with away kits, nor what you like, or i like its the clubs identity, black and white came later, and its not our colours it came about because we couldnt be bothered to update our colours which were at the time red and white and had been for the previous five seasons, there was no such thing as away colours, you had one kit and that was it, if the team visiting you had a colour clash then you as the home team wore a plain white shirt, thats where our white shirts came from !!!

2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

nothing to do with away kits, nor what you like, or i like its the clubs identity, black and white came later, and its not our colours it came about because we couldnt be bothered to update our colours which were at the time red and white and had been for the previous five seasons, there was no such thing as away colours, you had one kit and that was it, if the team visiting you had a colour clash then you as the home team wore a plain white shirt, thats where our white shirts came from !!!

Derby have been wearing a white shirt at home prior to anyone on this planets being alive. I'd say that makes it our colour.  People are allowed different opinions.  I look forward to seeing the stadium resplendent in red when they get bored with these colours.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

All opinions mate.  I  did say occasionally Blue in my first post but not the check kind. Just not for me.  Nothing against away shirts and I agree everyone has memories in them, just not plastered all over the ground.  Perhaps have them on paths round the turnstiles.  That would do me. 

I think we have to get the balance right. I was never a fan when they introduced all them yellow seats in to Pride Park when the Ram had that yellow scroll under it. I was very glad when they were replaced.

I think paths are a great idea, around the turnstiles etc or steps going into sections, but not visible in stands etc.

They work well on route to the Glasgow Barrowlands in the Barrowlands Park.

“The Album Pathway pays homage to the iconic Barrowland Ballroom and its role in Glasgow's musical history. Arranged like the spines of records on a shelf, the Pathway lists the names and dates of bands that have played there since 1983”

22AA2D1E-BF12-4A67-916F-59B1CC6B4D50.jpeg

838DB511-4E32-4FE2-9FE2-10D93F2BFE55.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Derby have been wearing a white shirt at home prior to anyone on this planets being alive. I'd say that makes it our colour.  People are allowed different opinions.  I look forward to seeing the stadium resplendent in red when they get bored with these colours.

Tend to agree. Couldn’t really care what happened 10 years ago, let alone long long before I was around. 

16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

If you only care about the last 10 years of derby county’s history, that must be very depressing. 

It is. Which is why you’re only as good as your last game and the next game is all that really matters. Look forward, not back. 

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I think we have to get the balance right. I was never a fan when they introduced all them yellow seats in to Pride Park when the Ram had that yellow scroll under it. I was very glad when they were replaced.

I think paths are a great idea, around the turnstiles etc or steps going into sections, but not visible in stands etc.

They work well on route to the Glasgow Barrowlands in the Barrowlands Park.

“The Album Pathway pays homage to the iconic Barrowland Ballroom and its role in Glasgow's musical history. Arranged like the spines of records on a shelf, the Pathway lists the names and dates of bands that have played there since 1983”

22AA2D1E-BF12-4A67-916F-59B1CC6B4D50.jpeg

838DB511-4E32-4FE2-9FE2-10D93F2BFE55.jpeg

T'pau and Reef on there.  My mates band did shows with both of them early 90's.  Apparently, Carol Decker is lovely.  Reef on the other hand were right k********.

35 minutes ago, Srg said:

It is. Which is why you’re only as good as your last game and the next game is all that really matters. Look forward, not back. 

Tha what I particularly like about this identity. It’s about the past, present and future. And the things that are always consistent. 

ie I don’t like Barnsley’s identity. Barnsley is winning. You can’t be winning all the time. We know, better than most, that there are investable ups and downs on the pitch over time. 

But there are certain things off the pitch that stay constant throughout.

derby county’s history will never go away.  No one can take away our founding status, our two league titles, our 100+ years of memories and moments. Even if we’re loosing, no one can take away the clubs connection with the community. The future may not be success in Europe, who can say, it’s certainly not something we should build an identity around. The future is the youth system, the women’s team, and the community surrounding the club. The pink embodies that.

it’s daft to build your identity on something as fickle as results, or a playing style. Like building a house on sand. But these 6 colours represent 6 pillars that we can build a strong club on and always maintain our identity.

the colours aren’t that important, it’s the identity they embody that matters. 

everyone talks about the Derby way, like the Stoke way, or the Man Utd way, etc. and thinks it’s a playing style. But playing styles depend on your manager and playing staff. They change with time. These pillars of identity are timeless. 

50 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Tha what I particularly like about this identity. It’s about the past, present and future. And the things that are always consistent. 

ie I don’t like Barnsley’s identity. Barnsley is winning. You can’t be winning all the time. We know, better than most, that there are investable ups and downs on the pitch over time. 

But there are certain things off the pitch that stay constant throughout.

derby county’s history will never go away.  No one can take away our founding status, our two league titles, our 100+ years of memories and moments. Even if we’re loosing, no one can take away the clubs connection with the community. The future may not be success in Europe, who can say, it’s certainly not something we should build an identity around. The future is the youth system, the women’s team, and the community surrounding the club. The pink embodies that.

it’s daft to build your identity on something as fickle as results, or a playing style. Like building a house on sand. But these 6 colours represent 6 pillars that we can build a strong club on and always maintain our identity.

the colours aren’t that important, it’s the identity they embody that matters. 

everyone talks about the Derby way, like the Stoke way, or the Man Utd way, etc. and thinks it’s a playing style. But playing styles depend on your manager and playing staff. They change with time. These pillars of identity are timeless. 

Exactly the message ! 👍

On 01/07/2023 at 13:46, CBX1985 said:

More of a colour pallet for promotional leaflets and such.

A move away from white and black would literally cause a riot.  

I certainly hope so, although I definitely wouldn't mind seeing these colours showcased in away or 3rd kits black and white for the home should never be touched LOL