Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I always said he just needed a run of games to adjust to men's football by gaining that sense of "belonging" in men's football. The minimum he should be playing next season is L1, and depending on his pre-season, could even be with our first team in the Championship. Is it 9 goals and 2 assists in 14 games now (half of the games were 10 mins off the bench)? He would be exactly the type of signing we should be looking at signing if we fail to go up, so has to be in with a serious shout next season.

I think he needs to be in our first team squad next season, regardless of which league we’re in. His movement off the ball is great and if we were to sign up Gayle on another short term deal then he’d be a perfect mentor for him.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I see James Scanlon’s little brother has signed for Man Utd too. 
another case of little brother joining big brother after being forced to leave Derby for the money in previous years. 

Edited by tinman

1 hour ago, tinman said:

another case of little brother joining big brother after being forced to leave Derby for the money in previous years. 

James Scanlon made his international debut last week, coming off the bench in both games vs Lithuania.

Telegraph (Derby one) reporting that Lewis Ridd is off on trial at Sunderland, assuming that he's off.

Assume with JT and Evans we are pretty stacked for good young keepers, and one can poss get a loan next season.

24 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Telegraph (Derby one) reporting that Lewis Ridd is off on trial at Sunderland, assuming that he's off.

Assume with JT and Evans we are pretty stacked for good young keepers, and one can poss get a loan next season.

I assumed the club signed him in case JThompson wasn't ready to step up to U21 football, especially with the plan to loan Evans out. With Thompson deservedly keeping that U21 spot, Ridd is now surplus.
I imagine Shattell will be U21 backup next season, with Price playing every U18 game season, unless Thompson is loaned out. In which case, Price would step up and Hardy play for the U18s?

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Jack Thompson playing really well, pulled off some superb saves.

Yes, only watched from 38th minute, and he made three in that short time.

He might be a bit disappointed with their opener, though.

1 - 1 at half time.

DRobinson will need to learn not to pick up so many cards if he's to get some first team involvement. It feels like he picks up a yellow almost every week at the moment, and this time it's resulted in a red. He'll quickly learn when loaned out next season.

It's been a tough game for our young team. Other than Weston, all of our other players who finished the game could still play U18 football (5 first year scholars and 4 2nd years). Most of West Ham's players were 19 (including a 22 year old CB and 21 hear old CF).

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

DRobinson will need to learn not to pick up so many cards if he's to get some first team involvement. It feels like he picks up a yellow almost every week at the moment, and this time it's resulted in a red. He'll quickly learn when loaned out next season.

It's been a tough game for our young team. Other than Weston, all of our other players who finished the game could still play U18 football (5 first year scholars and 4 2nd years). Most of West Ham's players were 19 (including a 22 year old CB and 21 hear old CF).

Had a feeling he was out of contract and Villa were on the radar.  Has he signed up again.

On 31/03/2024 at 19:13, tinman said:

I think the 3 youngsters went to United before to facilitate the loan of Mengi who played about an hour.  Seemed ridiculous at the time and still does.