Best Individual Derby Performance You’ve Ever Seen

cannable

I cant remember the actual match but I have vivid memories of Archie Gemmill being unplayable on one of the Baseball Ground's worst ever pitches. How he took the ball through midfield through several inches of mud and appeared to glide over the surface was unbelievable.

Also, Theo Robinsons debut, Sheffield United away.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

Kinkladze had a few mesmerising games at PP in the early 00’s

That game against Boro when we were 3-0 down and Kinkladze came on for the last 25 minutes. He was pure magic and we pulled it back to get a draw. What a game!

13 hours ago, Boycie said:

Kinkladze had a few mesmerising games at PP in the early 00’s

About the only time he was played in his best position he tore the Villa a new one. He was probably back on the bench for the next match. 

He was one of the most talented players we have had at Derby, and we wasted nearly all of his time with us. It’s the Derby way!

Agree with McFarland vs Benfica Home or away. He’s the greatest Derby County Player of all time. 

alan Hinton Vs Arsenal 1972 the 5-0

gemmill vs Chelsea at home 1972 huge win. Terrible wet bog of a pitch and gemmill just drove the whole team forwards. Incredible player. 

John Ohare in the Tottenham 5-0 

Todd vs juventus at home. Single handily kept an incredible juve side under control and also was great in attack. 

Todd vs Liverpool at Home in 1972. What defending against keegan and toshack late on. Won us the league. 

dave mackay away at forest in the 4-2 win.

john McGovern again Liverpool aswell. 

ron Webster against Leeds at home in 1972. He smashed bremner

Can't really think of any for Derby, but remember what must have been our home match against Man Utd in 'that' season, seeing players like Rooney & Ronaldo live and in-person for the first time.

Rooney was a clear cut above anyone I'd seen that season, or ever before that tbh It was only my 4th season as a season ticket holder, (next season's my 21st) and completely controlled the game, he seemed to be absolutely everywhere and, as the cliche goes, 3-4 passes ahead of everyone else on the pitch.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Far too many to mention, All in their own way were great.

Derby 8 Spurs 2

Derby 12 Fin Harps 0

Derby 3 Chelsea 1 Oct 1968 League Cup

Derby 1 Everton 0  see above

But 4 will always make me smile

Derby 4 Forest 2...coffee cup game

Derby 5 Forest 0...Murder most fowl 😁

Forest 2 Derby 3...FA cup after being 2-0 down

Forest 1 Derby 2...10 men, We only had 10 men 😂 

52 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Far too many to mention, All in their own way were great.

Derby 8 Spurs 2

Derby 12 Fin Harps 0

Derby 3 Chelsea 1 Oct 1968 League Cup

Derby 1 Everton 0  see above

But 4 will always make me smile

Derby 4 Forest 2...coffee cup game

Derby 5 Forest 0...Murder most fowl 😁

Forest 2 Derby 3...FA cup after being 2-0 down

Forest 1 Derby 2...10 men, We only had 10 men 😂 

Think you are on the wrong thread LP, this is about players 😁

5 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Agree with McFarland vs Benfica Home or away. He’s the greatest Derby County Player of all time. 

gemmill vs Chelsea at home 1972 huge win. Terrible wet bog of a pitch and gemmill just drove the whole team forwards. Incredible player. 

Todd vs juventus at home. Single handily kept an incredible juve side under control and also was great in attack. 

Todd vs Liverpool at Home in 1972. What defending against keegan and toshack late on. Won us the league. 

Some great calls there.

i feel sorry for some on here who never witnessed that era with Derby, every Match couldn't come round quick enough and if we got beat it was because some one either played above themselves or cheated (Leeds).

Edited by I DONT MIND

9 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Surprised it took to page 3 of this thread for John O'Hare's performance against Spurs to be mentioned.

He ran international centre half Mike England ragged- the poor chap did not know whether he had been punched, bored or countersunk long before the match was completed!