Best Individual Derby Performance You’ve Ever Seen

cannable

45 minutes ago, sage said:

Will Hughes gull debut, starting RM and running the show.

I'd give my left testicle for him to come back for 2 or 3 seasons. 

Never been as excited to see a player the following season as that day

How on Earth was Bryson MOTM that day? (Controversially, how was he POTSv Shackell all the way!)

Surprised not to see Martyn Waghorn v Sheffield Wednesday (May 2021) mentioned so far. Scored twice & hit the pass to Roberts for the other goal in the 3-3 draw that kept us up. He ran around like a man possessed all game & when subbed at the point of exhaustion, was still vocally encouraging the lads from the sidelines in the empty stadium.

Had we lost that match (and we were behind twice), we'd have been hit with the 21 point deduction in League One the following year & been struggling to keep out of League Two. His contribution that day was the best individual performance I can recall watching.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

13 hours ago, sage said:

Will Hughes gull debut, starting RM and running the show.

I'd give my left testicle for him to come back for 2 or 3 seasons. 

Have you not been slightly disappointed with his progression in the Premier League 🤔 No more than a bit player really.

I remember Higginbotham's debut at left back - he was shocking. Was obviously a very decent CB once settled. Was also very excited about Carbonari but then saw his lack of pace and was crestfallen but he turned out ok (not a patch on Stimac mind).

I remember my jaw dropping within minutes of Eranio's first few touches - just oozed class. As did Stimac, Ace and Baiano. Their first touches, the posture, head up, aura, etc just stood out for me.

One of Lee Morris' few games for us - he was absolutely lightening and I thought we'd got a real player. Injuries did for him.

Overall, I think Ace stands out for me - when he was on it and running with the ball with his elbows out, he was pretty much unplayable. Didn't happen that often but he's the player that always got me out of my seat. 

On 19/05/2023 at 08:40, Sparkle said:

Yes that was a good one 

I also went to that one and you’re correct he was unplayable the one he scored from a tight angle was a brilliant goal but their goalkeeper was at blame 

We played Boston in a cup replay and I went as a young guy to Boston we won 6-1 and i remember being mesmerised by Archie gemmill he got 3 and was everywhere he out ran out jumped and tackled like a devil never seen anything like it 

Edited by islandram

9 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Have you not been slightly disappointed with his progression in the Premier League 🤔 No more than a bit player really.

He never really fully recover3d from that ankle injury 

Bit player is a little harsh 

I’m a newbie with zero history so haven’t seen the epic performances of past gods. That said I remember Hughes against Leicester in the cup a few years back,  why is that a stand out ? We lost 3-1 I think .. but Will showed everything he had, my cynical stubborn one eyed brother who follows Leicester and never acknowledges anyone one who isn’t one of “his” said to me me at half time time .. who the EFF is THAT ! Will walked through midfield time and again, neat little passes, one two’s, dinks and a glorious FIFA mobile 360 twirl .. it was showboating and I chuffing loved it. There was a game at the end of Cameron Jerome’s short spell where he was a perfect Championship CF. Bullied two beefy CF’s and scored. He was horribly effective, pulled them all over the place. 

must have seen others that were better but odd ones like these get fixed in the grey cells for some reason. Strange game footy 

2 hours ago, islandram said:

I was one of probably lucky few on here who went to cup replay as a teenager to  spurs and I have to say it was a great game and David Nish had a belter as did Kevin hector in next round it seems like yesterday but it is 50 years gone by 

That replay is one of my favourite moments as a Rams fan. Even at 3-1 down we were better than them. A hat trick from Big Roge and 2 from King Kev. Had to keep quite on the Tube back to St. Pancras as the locals weren’t happy😎

Granty away at Brighton. It wasn’t the volume of the shots he saved but every one was a screamer.

Martin first half against Wolves in 15/16 was as good a performance from as #9 as you’ll ever see.

The Didzy hat trick this season when he and Collins won penalties for each other… he was taking the absolute piss at time. In fact, against Wednesday the other week he was a man possessed and tried everything he possibly could to drag us over the line.

Curtis taming Mitrovic when we best Fulham 1-0 in the first leg.

Barker coming on injured second half against Leeds in 10/11.

Slightly bending my own rules here but Seth in the play-offs.