Best Individual Derby Performance You’ve Ever Seen

cannable

11 hours ago, BOB BIGGS said:

That replay is one of my favourite moments as a Rams fan. Even at 3-1 down we were better than them. A hat trick from Big Roge and 2 from King Kev. Had to keep quite on the Tube back to St. Pancras as the locals weren’t happy😎

Yes, that was some performance by the Rams. Walking away from the ground afterwards along a street of terraced houses, a door opened and an old guy asked how we had got on, and we told him that we had won 5-3.  Didn't have the heart to elaborate further.....!

Kinkladze away at top of the table Portsmouth, scared them to death second half and they couldn’t get near him. We lost the game in the end but Kinkladze was unbelievable, I’ve never seen anything like it from a Derby player before or since (I’m a bit too young for the 1970s geniuses, didn’t start going until the 1980s).

Roger Davies cup relay 5 - 3 against spurs.

Lorry driver cannot remember his name, staying over night in London went to the match at 3 - 1 down decided to leave the ground for had to be up early, at breakfast at the guest house, the hostess said you did well last night, he said had all on not to tell her to trot off, anyway on the road he decided to stop at a cafe and purchased a paper and what a surprise he had with the score 5 - 3, the pub regulars in the village of Crich took the mick out of him for weeks, and in Del Boys words what a plonker!!!

September 1969, Cloughs team had been promoted to League One, 9 matches unbeaten, away to Fairs Cup winners  (google it young uns) Newcastle United, travelled up on the Trent buses football special, travelled back on a different bus, but more of that later, 40,000 crowd.

David Craig Mackay was unbelievable!

You could see why Clough had persuaded  the 33 year old to sign for the club.  Organising, pointing, shouting, encouraging, passing short, passing long, crunching tackles and strutting around at the back like he owned the place and that clenched fist…………..magnificent.

Anyway, Roy Mac scored the winner, the bus got smashed up and my team Derby County were top of the league! 

………………..happy days. 👍🐏

On 22/05/2023 at 13:32, NottsRam77 said:

Dean saunders home debut against wimbledon.

we had been struggling to create and more importantly struggling to score goals.

enter the fire cracker that was ‘deano’ and he single handedly breathed new life and attacking threat into that side.

he absolutely tore wimbledon a new one that day 

was that the season floodlights failed

44 minutes ago, islandram said:

time to get your hat 

No chance. Did you see it? He was absolutely magnificent. As a debut and one off best individual performance it is up there.

Clayton ince is still the best individual performance I have seen at pride Park from an opposition player. If it was a keeper doing that on the big stage he would have gone for millions. He single handedly kept us from scoring 5 or 6 with some unbelievable keeping.

2 hours ago, KBB said:

No chance. Did you see it? He was absolutely magnificent. As a debut and one off best individual performance it is up there.

Clayton ince is still the best individual performance I have seen at pride Park from an opposition player. If it was a keeper doing that on the big stage he would have gone for millions. He single handedly kept us from scoring 5 or 6 with some unbelievable keeping.

0-0 for Crewe at the BBG?

I went to that with my mate, me being a goalkeeper and loving all things goalkeeping I confidently told my mate that he would throw at least one in as he was useless.

He then goes on to play like a Yashin/Shilton/Jennings/Banks/Southall hybrid uber-keeper.

Still think Paul Reece for Oxford against us was better tho.

11 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

0-0 for Crewe at the BBG?

I went to that with my mate, me being a goalkeeper and loving all things goalkeeping I confidently told my mate that he would throw at least one in as he was useless.

He then goes on to play like a Yashin/Shilton/Jennings/Banks/Southall hybrid uber-keeper.

Still think Paul Reece for Oxford against us was better tho.

Aye. He had the game of his life. Fair play to him.