Best Individual Derby Performance You’ve Ever Seen

cannable

I wasn't at the Real Madrid game as away at university,  but I did see Roger Davies score his five against Luton. Great performance and an under-rated footballer, imo. Because he wasn't elegant his sense of timing and effort was under-appreciated by some.

In recent times, a performance that stands out for me was that of Kelle Roos away at WBA when we drew 0-0. Under the cosh for the whole 90 minutes, Roos was outstanding that night.

One recent one that sticks with me was Jason Shackel away at West Brom in the cup which we won 2-1 with a big away attendance - he hadn’t been picked all season then got a game in the cup and a Tony Pulis premiership WBA launched a salvo of about 30-40 crosses into our box which Shackel headed away mostly - Pulis said afterwards that they murdered us - I don’t think so - great day out

11 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Not the best, but the most eye-opening. Deano vs Wimbledon? I think?

Previous season we'd struggled for goals, then *bang* we had a striker.

We just knew that we had turned into a very decent team that day - what I liked about Saunders was that he always got his shot away early before any goalkeeper was set and Goddard was the perfect foil for him 

11 hours ago, Norwichram2 said:

Oh come on. Charlie George almost every game he played for us but Real Madrid stands out. Also saw the King v Huddersfield and was as impressed as the other posters.

Yes thinking along the same lines on a individual basis

As for the team Southampton at Pride Park 0-0 at half time then pummeled them 4-0 

35 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Yes mate , Shilts at Newcastle , i think 1987 , absolutely outstanding in that game

35 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Yes mate , Shilts at Newcastle , i think 1987 , absolutely outstanding in that game

Wasn't it when we  won 1-0 in 1989?

Shilton holds the record for best performance against us (IMHO),2-1 Derby v Leicester at BBG in Oct 72.

If Shilton hadn't been in the net it would have been about 12-1.

Edited by I DONT MIND

34 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Aye, Cox ran on the pitch and demanded Shilts' shirt as a souvenir.

When looing back mind, it wasn't that great (and I say that as a Shilton worshipper)

30 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Aye, Cox ran on the pitch and demanded Shilts' shirt as a souvenir.

When looing back mind, it wasn't that great (and I say that as a Shilton worshipper)

I don't think it's that game. I think it was the one where Mark Wright scored in a 1:0 win. 88/89 season? 

6 minutes ago, Hans Datdo-Dishes said:

I don't think it's that game. I think it was the one where Mark Wright scored in a 1:0 win. 88/89 season? 

The one people talk of was the video, I was at the other game and Shilts' wasn't as impressive.

People oft forget Shiltons games though, end of the season we finished 5th Shilton came 5th in the ballon d'or , and this when English clubs did not play in Europe

image.png

Edited by Mick Harford