Boro & Steve Gibson

LN747

Luton v Coventry for the Premier. Two sound teams, who have done well on limited budgets to get the chance. Fantastic work by Robins in particular. However, is there not the feeling that the winners are going to struggle spectacularly next season as neither you would think will, or can, spend heavily. Might we perhaps see our 11 point record go?

Edited by i-Ram

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Luton v Coventry for the Premier. Two sound teams, who have done well on limited budgets to get the chance. Fantastic work by Robins in particular. However, is there not the feeling that the winners are going to struggle spectacularly next season as neither you would think will, or can, spend heavily. Might we perhaps see our 11 point record go?

I'm afraid their sides could spend the entire summer on a club 18-30 getting no sleep and surviving on a daily diet of 50 fags, 10 pints and burger and chips, all washed down with as many Class A pharmaceuticals, debilitating STD'S and serious muscle injuries falling over at foam parties as there are on offer.  They'll still get 12.

I'm sure the legal proceedings are being instructed as we speak.

Stephen mr gibson steve is dedicated to the proper running of football clubs and really only wants whats best for everyone which is why he's sueing reading, sheff utd, wigan and derby county. he's even generously said he'd settle for a lot less than the $700m because he's a great bloke.

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am delighted for coverty city I am so glad they won tonight just shows what bitter man he is he had get rid of derby get to this point.

We're all delighted B4, that was the joke, though having to explain it does render it dramatically less funny 😕

13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

We're all delighted B4, that was the joke, though having to explain it does render it dramatically less funny 😕

Makes more funny to me

In one way justice been done at last to him.

Here we go😂

Given how litigious Gibbo proved to be last season with the Derby saga I'm already anticipating this. Don't know the ins and outs of the Burnley situation but the fact is both teams above us in the table are currently under embargo and it's no doubt going to put his nose out of joint if we miss out on the autos to them. He'd arguably have a stronger case as well, assuming we remain in 3rd, as he could point to us directly missing out on automatic promotion rather than his argument hinging on the possibility that we went up through the playoffs.

all he would have is financial compensation as an option, but agree payout could be potentially a lot more but not sure it be the same as actual promotion or even close, at least he has set precident in this league

Imo the EFL need to somehow do more to stop these clubs before they actually commit the offences otherwise it only serves to make a mockery of the integrity of the league. These things can have huge ramifications in the promotion/relegation picture. How is it fair for half of the league to abide by the rules, cutting their cloth accordingly and in most cases selling their better players in order to pass FFP and remain solvent, while the other half of the league fragrantly flaunts the rules. Imagine the advantage we would have had were Sheff Utd forced to cash in on Ndiaye or Berge in January to pay off their debts.

Even if nothing happens, I'm sure Gibsons team of lawyers are on standby for if we don't go up. There'll be a compensation claim that's for sure. And the efl will know that, so it may be in their best interests to punish. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

The winner could get off to a poor start and maybe just have 1 point from their first 4 fixtures. We'll all be saying they could break out record.

They'll have 12 points by October.

Luton would get 20+ points comfortably. Kenilworth Road will be a tricky stadium to go to. Tight pitch, a big physical side, aerial bombardment.

They will bully teams. They could be like a Blackburn under Sam Allardyce when Ewood Park was horrible to visit.

Coventry on the other hand could genuinely struggle. They play at a nice stadium with little atmosphere. You can see the big boys rocking up there and just putting on a show.

7 hours ago, Srg said:

It’s hilarious and couldn’t happen to a more deserving man/club. But let’s not bury the fact they were absolutely shocking over those two legs. Full house at the riverside completely silent with them not having a shot in anger all game. 

Amazing job by Coventry who are absolutely limited as a team but far more desire. 

Sweet indeed 

But notts forest will now be fancying their chances of staying up next year