Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

Smith gave it away a lot. Not a lot happened positively or negatively that second half. Think Radcliffe and Brown probably only ones worth mentioning. 

Bardell too, and Robinson in bits, thought he looked as tidy as Smith when at the back.

Edited by RoyMac5

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Did they play a similar team? I thought, in the latter stages when most of the goals were conceded they played the kids.

At the end of the day though it doesn’t really matter even if we’d only drawn 0:0. Today’s game was only about starting to ramp up the fitness levels and getting used to each other, not really tactics or even individual performance.

It was 2-0 at half time then they put a lot of younger players on. Only what I was told by someone who went. 

Typical first pre season game. A win is good in any game. I must say at times I do wonder about some of our fan base. Stood behind the goal next to a bloke and must have been his mum, scooped straight off Skeggy market, absolutely slating every one, hurling abuse at Collins while we were defending a corner, and digging out Warne. Luckily baby pig went and got himself and mummy pig a chip cob and it seemed to quieten them down while they were troughing. Apart when his bottle of Carling fell over, the sheer confusion on his amply round face as he didn’t know whether to sacrifice his beer of stop eating. Luckily Dominoes must have had an offer on at 16:00 as they disappeared at half time. 

Decent day out though. 

11 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

It was 2-0 at half time then they put a lot of younger players on. Only what I was told by someone who went. 

Typical first pre season game. A win is good in any game. I must say at times I do wonder about some of our fan base. Stood behind the goal next to a bloke and must have been his mum, scooped straight off Skeggy market, absolutely slating every one, hurling abuse at Collins while we were defending a corner, and digging out Warne. Luckily baby pig went and got himself and mummy pig a chip cob and it seemed to quieten them down while they were troughing. Apart when his bottle of Carling fell over, the sheer confusion on his amply round face as he didn’t know whether to sacrifice his beer of stop eating. Luckily Dominoes must have had an offer on at 16:00 as they disappeared at half time. 

Decent day out though. 

They must have been at Fantasy Island last week. Recognise them. 

Not much of a game, was never likely to be, we mostly controlled it

First half 3-5-1-1

1 Wildsmith (31 Vickers, 30)

34 Rooney, 3 Forsyth, 41 Cox

23 Ward, 16 Thompson, 4 Hourihane, 26 Robinson, 15 Elder

7 Barkhuizen (36 Radcliffe, 30 - sat a bit deeper and Thompson moved to AM)

9 Collins

Second half 4-3-2-1?

31 Vickers (13 Loach, 64)

40 Bardell, 35 Nelson, 6 Cashin, 17 Moloney

12 Smith, 8 Bird, 36 Radcliffe (26 Robinson, 64)

37 Moore, 16 Thompson

39 Brown

First half wing backs really pushed up, Rooney and Cox looked like they were playing at full back

Midfielders were pretty fluid and difficult to say who was holding or pushing up

Both halves we seemed asymmetrical, Barkhuizen was sort of wide left first half, and Moore wide right in the second without equivalent players on the other side

Cox and Brown look solid physical players for saying they're youth players

I like the look of Radcliffe based on that, doesn't look like a 'Burton cast off'

Ward looked lively, happy to get on the ball, take people on, put crosses in and try a few long range shots

Keepers all seemed pretty sharp

Interesting Maloney had Sibley's number, but not reading anything into it, Sibley had a tight calf so was absent, maybe Moloney just took what was available/the right size

Commentary was awful, more like a chat, and barely addressed the game - didn't really want their opinions on Washington and players who weren't playing

Some new grafitti style graphics on the score and other text

After 7 weeks of no footy whilst still taking Rams TV subs the nerve to charge extra for friendlies is a bit of a pee take really. Didn't pay extra for any friendlies last year at all.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

For all of you trying to make something out of Sibley not being in the team, he was at the game today with his right calf heavily strapped up. 

Told us it was a minor tear and the strapping is precautionary.

I’ve seen some pics from the staff bbq at Clowes HQ the other night and his calf is strapped in them as well. 

RamsTV quality was awful. Nearly all the coverage was from a single camera above the half way line which was only one level better than if someone had used their phone. I appreciate the ground won't be set up for proper telly but it was bad 

19 minutes ago, MarsdenRam said:

RamsTV quality was awful. Nearly all the coverage was from a single camera above the half way line which was only one level better than if someone had used their phone. I appreciate the ground won't be set up for proper telly but it was bad 

What do you think they could/should have done? Built a gantry just for Rams TV coverage of the game?

Honestly, some folk will complain about anything.

23 minutes ago, MarsdenRam said:

I thought it was fine, the worst bit was the commo pair that spent most of the game chatting. But the tv coverage didn't miss any action like normally happens when replays are shown rather than live action.

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

4-5 away !!!

Why do i think the signing fun still has a lpt more to give ??

coyr!!

Big giveaway was Washington was described for what he will add to the squad not just the outside 11. 

Biggest indication yet that we have a ‘bigger’ name lined up as our primary striker. 

Looks like we are going into the season with 4 CB to battle for 3 spots-Fozzy,Cashin,Nelson and Bradley and assuming Rooney is back up from them.