Summer Rumour Mill

sage

25 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I heard he had been in talks with us we’re after Langstaff but allegedly Notts quoted £2m .

rodrigues around £150,000k + add ons 

didsy not close to signing with us again according to Ben Osborn 

Whilst I appreciate that you drink in Ben Osborn’s pub, what’s his connection to McGoldrick? Are they that close that McGoldrick is sharing the ins and outs of his contract with the man so he can discuss it with punters down his micro pub? 
It seems a bit odd. 

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Whilst I appreciate that you drink in Ben Osborn’s pub, what’s his connection to McGoldrick? Are they that close that McGoldrick is sharing the ins and outs of his contract with the man so he can discuss it with punters down his micro pub? 
It seems a bit odd. 

Osborn is putting together a Brew X1 and Didsy isn’t in it.

42 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I heard he had been in talks with us we’re after Langstaff but allegedly Notts quoted £2m .

rodrigues around £150,000k + add ons 

didsy not close to signing with us again according to Ben Osborn 

Why is Langstaff valued ten times what Rodrigues is? Rodrigues only having a year left on his contract?

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Why is Langstaff valued ten times what Rodrigues is? Rodrigues only having a year left on his contract?

According to their retained list Rodrigues is out of contract and has been offered a new deal, meaning he could sign for us on a free and as he’s over 24 there’d be no compensation due. The suggestions of £150k for him seems off the mark

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2023/may/retained-list-2023/

22 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

According to their retained list Rodrigues is out of contract and has been offered a new deal, meaning he could sign for us on a free and as he’s over 24 there’d be no compensation due. The suggestions of £150k for him seems off the mark

I thought he was out of contract, so I was confused by the transfer fee and presumed he must have a year left. On a free I think he is worth giving him a shot if his wage demands aren't silly.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Rodrigues would be a decent player if he could stay away from the chip pan. A stone overweight. On that basis I'm amazed Warne is interested 

5 hours ago, sage said:

Rodrigues would be a decent player if he could stay away from the chip pan. A stone overweight. On that basis I'm amazed Warne is interested 

Maybe we could send him and Bradley Dack on a retreat together?

Might end up with two great signings.

I wouldn’t be that thrilled if we spent what little we have on someone like Langstaff. Seen him play a handful of times and he reminds me so much of Jack Marriott in play style. Completely useless outside the box in most circumstances. Not someone we need, and a little bit of a relic in today’s game. Maybe he could change up his style but he is 26 already. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

I wouldn’t be that thrilled if we spent what little we have on someone like Langstaff. Seen him play a handful of times and he reminds me so much of Jack Marriott in play style. Completely useless outside the box in most circumstances. Not someone we need, and a little bit of a relic in today’s game. Maybe he could change up his style but he is 26 already. 

To be fair Gary Lineker was like an abandoned Shopping Trolly outside the penalty box, but inside the box he was always in the right place to score shed loads of goals - don’t know much about Langstaff, but his stats suggest he knows where the onion bag is 🤔🐏

13 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

To be fair Gary Lineker was like an abandoned Shopping Trolly outside the penalty box, but inside the box he was always in the right place to score shed loads of goals - don’t know much about Langstaff, but his stats suggest he knows where the onion bag is 🤔🐏

As I said, relic in today's game. Gary Lineker was a bagsman in the 80s. Football is vastly different now.

Fortunately, these days managers know what they want from a player in a certain position. They then source a player who does exactly that and, hopefully, a bit more. No more taking a short arsed fox in the box goal machine and then asking them to be the target man..... 

53 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Fortunately, these days managers know what they want from a player in a certain position. They then source a player who does exactly that and, hopefully, a bit more. No more taking a short arsed fox in the box goal machine and then asking them to be the target man..... 

Then they sack the manager and appoint a new one  who is then left with a load of contracted players he doesn’t want.

6 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

What todays third division football is vastly different from the stuff Lineker played in? Well you are right it is, but not in the way you mean

Even at this level, the majority of teams are now playing with one central striker.  And if you are doing that, you cannot afford for that guy to be contributing nothing other than goals.  When Lineker was playing, the vast majority of teams were playing 442 and you could accommodate a goal poacher, with someone alongside him to do the other stuff.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Even at this level, the majority of teams are now playing with one central striker.  And if you are doing that, you cannot afford for that guy to be contributing nothing other than goals.  When Lineker was playing, the vast majority of teams were playing 442 and you could accommodate a goal poacher, with someone alongside him to do the other stuff.

Wait, were they allowed 12 players in Lineker’s day?