Summer Rumour Mill

sage

33 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I don’t think he’d cost anywhere near that, given not long on his contract (I believe) and transfer listed. 

£3m for Cashin, Cashin back on loan and JCH for £1.5m I’d absolutely take. Could maybe get him for cheaper with a promotion clause. 

Cashin will be gone for free if we don’t go up this year, people seem to forget. 

Some people forget we will be due compensation if he doesn't renew his contract and leaves next summer.

16 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Could that be anywhere near £3m? Genuine question. Always thought those fees were negligible.

No, it’s often below market value - they value the player not his worth to a club, his worth to us is probably higher than his value as a player

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Could that be anywhere near £3m? Genuine question. Always thought those fees were negligible.

Danny Ings was a record high compensation fee, which was eventually worth about £11m (£6.5m upfront, £1.5m in add-ons, with the rest coming from a 20% sell-on).

You tend to find the tribunal panel go half way between the fee offered, and the fee requested. More clubs making transfer offers (not end of contract offers) is a key factor.

Based on past cases, I'd be surprised if we get less than what Brighton have offered.

10 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

A business contact of mine in Sheffield says Derby are interested in Malik Wilks from Wednesday. Thought he was at Hull City?!

Think we were linked to him in Jan and I believe he went Weds instead. God knows how good he is.

19 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

A business contact of mine in Sheffield says Derby are interested in Malik Wilks from Wednesday. Thought he was at Hull City?!

Only 24, last year Sheffield Wednesday got him for around 200k I think. Last season he was in and out of the Wednesday team. But at this level he is a good winger in his previous seasons in league one he had 

22/23 16 games 5 starts - G:1 A:5

20/21 44 games 42 starts - G:19 A:8

18/19 46 games 42 starts - G:14 A:8

Good output, creates lots of chances and can play across the front 3 if we can get him cheap he’d be a great player to have in the squad.

25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans have him down as one of their worst ever signings. I do believe we were in for him last season too. 

Not sure if he's injured or just completely out of the picture at the moment either. 

Coming back from injury according to Twitter.