Summer Rumour Mill

sage

40 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Must admit, I found it odd that players would be keen to go there under this ownership. Wing in particular is thought to have good offers, even champ options, so terrible decision.  

Don't like seeing this, but can't deny that promotion rivals in trouble feels helpful. We've had our chaos and are still having to tolerate the pain of being humbled and having to live within tight limits but at least we are stable.

Given what we experienced as a club I don’t want to see any other fans going through it. What this does highlight once more are the failings of the governing bodies. How have the EFL allowed them to sign players before the HMRC payment was paid? Surely waiting a few days to be sure all scheduled payments were met THEN allowing the signings would have been sensible? 

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

any three of these perhaps 

Assombolonga

wickham

sean maguire 

Onomah

waghorn

flint 

dack 

shodipo

Chris martin 

penney

rolondo Aarons

issac vassell 

Do you pick names out of a hat Simmo 😉

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Given what we experienced as a club I don’t want to see any other fans going through it. What this does highlight once more are the failings of the governing bodies. How have the EFL allowed them to sign players before the HMRC payment was paid? Surely waiting a few days to be sure all scheduled payments were met THEN allowing the signings would have been sensible? 

Yeah don’t like to see other fans in turmoil.

However the way Reading have been treated with kid gloves by the EFL sticks in the craw!

I’ll be honest I had heard that the reason it was behind closed doors is because we (and Huddersfield) had players on trial playing but didn’t realise there were three. In fact I got the impression it was more for Hudds’ benefit than ours…

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Wonder if we would go for Ola Shodipa plays anywhere behind the striker, decent player at this level, he’s 25 and was on trial with reading but missed there last friendly to the surprise of there fans. Reading now been hit with a new embargo so can’t sign anymore players. 

Good of the EFL to wait until they’d bagged Knibbs and Wing before payday!!

49 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Agreed, what a mess.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I'm warming to Waggy coming back. If there's limited options out there its better to have an option that we know will play for the shirt, get us a few goals and is apparently a great addition to the changing room, he was always spoken highly of from team mates.

I'm definitely positive about the idea. I doubt he'll ask for too much money at this stage, he'll always work hard and can chip in with goals at league one level. Seems like a sensible move really. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He could be one of the best players available on a free in league one. Why is it an issue he's an ex player? Even from an objective stand point it makes sense. 

Agreed,  imagine saying we wouldn't take back ebosele or plange in league 1 purely based on him being an ex player , pure stupidity