Summer Rumour Mill

sage

As for the Jordan Rhodes noise, if he signs then whatever. We've seen too many times before that signings we all got excited about have turned out to be a bit of a disaster, and signings that we all moaned about turned out to be shrewd bits of business.

No point wetting the bed over it at this point.

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is this you @Big Trav 😄

image.png.f7a809c82a3ed789846aeaba775bf85b.png

"Hasn't been seen in the media since the Salford game" 

That was Saturday. They flew home Sunday and had yesterday off.

Today is the first day back.

Richie Barker done the pre match interview today. Which he isn't gonna be doing in a million years if Warne had been sacked 🤣

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

That reluctantthicko account came up a few days on the admin thread with spoofs and some Nixon mickey tacking I seem to remember?

I didn’t fall for it once, honest 👀

There was a reluctantthicko account some time back, obvs just changed the handle to big trav. Very silly. But it keeps the boredom at bay until we sign someone or tomorrow nights game! 😄

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

This isn't me hahahahhaha what saddos done this then

You've reached even higher levels of ITK status now. Just the sheer mention of Big Trav has the whole of Twitter into meltdown. I can see how stories about some bloke with a beard turning water into wine and healing lepers spread now. In 2000 years, thousands will be worshipping Big Trav in churches all across Derbyshire.

Edited by Kernow

Slight update, 1 more Striker in on a permanent deal, with Dajaune Brown given the first few games to see how he performs. Warne a massive fan of him and wants to use him as the 4th striker. However a loan striker is not off the cards. Creative number 10 looks like it’ll be a loan. Robinson and Thommo impressive and will be rotating in that midfield 2/3

10 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Slight update, 1 more Striker in on a permanent deal, with Dajaune Brown given the first few games to see how he performs. Warne a massive fan of him and wants to use him as the 4th striker. However a loan striker is not off the cards. Creative number 10 looks like it’ll be a loan. Robinson and Thommo impressive and will be rotating in that midfield 2/3

I honestly don’t mind this at all. Brown’s an exciting prospect and I’d much rather we utilise a homegrown ‘Dobbin’ than waste a loan slot and fee. 

Edited by DiggerB

13 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Is the permanent striker to be signed this week? Do you think its Rhodes? Any poss names for the no.10?

9 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

I honestly don’t mind this at all. Brown’s an exciting prospect and I’d much rather we utilise a homegrown ‘Dobbin’ than waste a loan slot and fee. 

Totally agree. Makes sense to give Brown a go before entering loan market for another untried raw talent that isn't ours. The balance of striking options will be important, if we get Rhodes then the 4th striker would need pace and power, although Nat could provide that. 

22 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Pleased with this.  

Some people have been moaning about potentially signing 30yo+ strikers and instead wanting the scouting dept to unearth a gem - what if we already have a starlet in our ranks?  I've not seen a lot of him but he looks like he has plenty of pace and power, if he gets chance to develop and can find the net we could have ourselves a decent player 🙂

Interesting to see who the creative player on loan will be, its a key position and one that could end up getting/costing us promotion.