Summer Rumour Mill

sage

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Washington, as well as an option for no.9, is also versatile enough to play in a support role too. 

If we knew if was to be a 3-4-2-1 with NML, Sibley, Washington, Barkhuizen, Collins + A.N.Other (Nombe 🤞) then we might not be quite as impotent as some may be fearing, even if it's getting a little "twitchy" at this stage.

Nombe or Sam Smith would be good. If not them, Ladapo would work but may not be feasible. If none of them, it may have to be someone we’ve not heard from yet. 

Tenuous guesswork from Trav about Andy Dallas would be interesting as an option. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

I will repeat what my Charlton season ticket holders mates at work all agreed with 

Washington will be a fans favourite because he works tirelessly and gives 100 per cent 

yes he’s not a goal scorer in general but they said the others around him scored loads because of him creating space for others 

there words were get the right players around him and he will very important to your side …all of the players who were scoring regularly all had barren spell after he went 

They said they’d have him back in a heartbeat 

so just passing this on 

This is why I think Washington would be a good signing.  I think he’ll do the hard work and free up Collins to stay in and around the box more.  Plus creating space for the attacking midfielders and support strikers.

Squad starting to take shape, 5 new signings all with promotion experience, and some leadership quality to replace what we lost in Davies and Stearman. 
Really solid base to the team assuming it’s a back 3 formation like either of these. We need forward additions (hopefully @Big Trav and @DCFC1388 are right with Washington) but some signs of promise.

4AC7165C-DF23-46C6-9AF9-460859AE6631.jpeg

DA90F131-79B9-43C4-AE22-A3C08993D4B6.jpeg