Summer Rumour Mill

sage

32 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

The three good strikers possibly - Collins,Washington, ? . So far it's wetting my bed more than my appetite...

I don’t get why there is so much negativity around the potential signing of Conor Washington. If Wiki stats are accurate, he has played 172 games in League 1, scoring 55 goals - that’s very close to 1 goal every 3 games. His championship  stats show only 20 goals in 151 games so a striking rate of less than 1 in 7. This suggests he’ll be okay for our division but probably not the championship.

8 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

I don’t get why there is so much negativity around the potential signing of Conor Washington. If Wiki stats are accurate, he has played 172 games in League 1, scoring 55 goals - that’s very close to 1 goal every 3 games. His championship  stats show only 20 goals in 151 games so a striking rate of less than 1 in 7. This suggests he’ll be okay for our division but probably not the championship.

Because regardless of the events of the last couple of years fans expectations are yet to catch up with reality.

10 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Well not in the championship in a Rotherham team anyway

41 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because regardless of the events of the last couple of years fans expectations are yet to catch up with reality.

Good job your not my bookie, I'd lose a fortune

36 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

I'm not being negative,  or trying not to be, my way of thinking is this. The defence has hopefully been improved, but everything in front of them is the same or weaker.  When last season ended, i like most people thought he needs time and to get his players in, which i still do but......  I was hoping he would address the midfield, getting a couple of box to box players to help with controlling and scoring  a few. Going with the same as last season a midfield that struggled at times and not scoring many, i think that's why the pressure has risen to get some goalscorers in the club. Can't see where the goals are coming from at the moment, plus the manager confused me with his comments about struggling to compete with other L1 sides, after the chairman said our budget can.

24 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

I'm not being negative,  or trying not to be, my way of thinking is this. The defence has hopefully been improved, but everything in front of them is the same or weaker.  When last season ended, i like most people thought he needs time and to get his players in, which i still do but......  I was hoping he would address the midfield, getting a couple of box to box players to help with controlling and scoring  a few. Going with the same as last season a midfield that struggled at times and not scoring many, i think that's why the pressure has risen to get some goalscorers in the club. Can't see where the goals are coming from at the moment, plus the manager confused me with his comments about struggling to compete with other L1 sides, after the chairman said our budget can.

What do you expect him to say-"We've got loads of money ?!" and then watch clubs inflate the asking price for their players accordingly.Always best to downplay the cards you've been given instead of mouthing off about a large budget.

Noticed on Instagram this evening that Sonny Bradley and Callum Elder have recently followed each other. Never played together before and just found it strange how in the past day they’ve followed one another. There could be something in it as why would footballers who have never really crossed paths apart from playing against each other start following one another with all this speculation? 

My striker targets would be:

1. Sam Nombe 

2. Will Keane 

3. Sam Smith 

3 minutes ago, JohnoDCFC said:

Noticed on Instagram this evening that Sonny Bradley and Callum Elder have recently followed each other. Never played together before and just found it strange how in the past day they’ve followed one another. There could be something in it as why would footballers who have never really crossed paths apart from playing against each other start following one another with all this speculation? 

1. Sam Nombe 

2. Will Keane 

3. Sam Smith 

Nombe will cost £££. Exeter have one other recognised striker so in no rush to sell him

He's also playing tonight, so nothing on the cards by the look of it. I'd be surprised if he stays at this level past August, he's 100% championship quality

I will repeat what my Charlton season ticket holders mates at work all agreed with 

Washington will be a fans favourite because he works tirelessly and gives 100 per cent 

yes he’s not a goal scorer in general but they said the others around him scored loads because of him creating space for others 

there words were get the right players around him and he will very important to your side …all of the players who were scoring regularly all had barren spell after he went 

They said they’d have him back in a heartbeat 

so just passing this on 

Edited by S8TY

5 minutes ago, JohnoDCFC said:

1. Sam Nombe 

2. Will Keane 

3. Sam Smith 

That's a great spot tbf.

Elder's followed pretty much the whole Derby squad and then Sonny randomly in the middle.

10 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I will repeat what my Charlton season ticket holders mates at work all agreed with 

Washington will be a fans favourite because he works tirelessly and gives 100 per cent 

yes he’s not a goal scorer in general but they said the others around him scored loads because of him creating space for others 

there words were get the right players around him and he will very important to your side …all of the players who were scoring regularly all had barren spell after he went 

so just passing this on 

Wait, you mean there's more to consider when assessing a footballer than just their Wikipedia stats?!

15 minutes ago, S8TY said:

so just passing this on 

Great to hear, but it worries me a little. Last season McGoldrick was so isolated at times that he could have had his own postcode. 8's and 10's don't come cheap, especially with Knight likely out the door.

5 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Great to hear, but it worries me a little. Last season McGoldrick was so isolated at times that he could have had his own postcode. 8's and 10's don't come cheap, especially with Knight likely out the door.

No more excuses. Time for Sibley to show what he’s capable of if he’s got some absolute runner upfront making all the space between the lines. 

26 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

That's a great spot tbf.

Elder's followed pretty much the whole Derby squad and then Sonny randomly in the middle.

I think it adds fuel to the speculation the fact it’s in the middle of other derby players. Maybe he’s already training with the club…who knows? My guess is that he will join and finally put these rumours to bed. I don’t think Washington will be the striker if there is one to come in on Sunday. My guess like a few other people on here is that it’s Mark Harris to join. It doesn’t make sense to go after someone in Washington who’s not back in any kind of training to sign him with less than a month to go before the season starts.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Oh for him to be given his first full season in a no.10 role.

If we do play with two narrowish attacking midfielders behind a striker, he would be made for that. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

If we do play with two narrowish attacking midfielders behind a striker, he would be made for that. 

Washington, as well as an option for no.9, is also versatile enough to play in a support role too. 

If we knew if was to be a 3-4-2-1 with NML, Sibley, Washington, Barkhuizen, Collins + A.N.Other (Nombe 🤞) then we might not be quite as impotent as some may be fearing, even if it's getting a little "twitchy" at this stage.