Summer Rumour Mill

sage

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

At what point do we become concerned? I'm starting to be concerned now in all fairness.

Chill man

Clubs have been back training for like a few days.

clubs across the country are drawing up squad lists and players and managers will still be working out whos needed and whos not

the prem to my knowledge arnt back yet and thatll be when things start properly moving as it filters through the leagues

just relax itll be ok 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Chill man

Clubs have been back training for like a few days.

clubs across the country are drawing up squad lists and players and managers will still be working out whos needed and whos not

the prem to my knowledge arnt back yet and thatll be when things start properly moving as it filters through the leagues

just relax itll be ok 

Just chillax - Tony Springett is still available.

Who we going for as the striker in before Sunday then guys. 

Washington is injured isn't he. So don't see why Warne would be fussed about getting him in before Spain. Don't think it's him.

Vale just doesn't fit what Warne said. Wanting players that don't want to play in league one, signing 3 good strikers instead of 4 average ones.

Harris is the only other one we've been linked with. 

Or could it be someone that's not even been mentioned.....

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Don’t mind Washington if he’s one of three new strikers. If he’s the workhorse that creates chances and the others can put them away, that’s fine by me.

I assumed he may be good in the air so may assist in that area.  Appears he's only scored 6 headers so that ones out.

29 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Who we going for as the striker in before Sunday then guys. 

Washington is injured isn't he. So don't see why Warne would be fussed about getting him in before Spain. Don't think it's him.

Vale just doesn't fit what Warne said. Wanting players that don't want to play in league one, signing 3 good strikers instead of 4 average ones.

Harris is the only other one we've been linked with. 

Or could it be someone that's not even been mentioned.....

Trouble is he's struggling (as are other managers) to sign exciting strikers, so he's not gonna call his new signing a donkey is he. 😄

So its likely (FIFH) '3 average ones rather than 4 average ones' 😉 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

29 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

If Washington is one of the better ones I’d hate to see the average strikers.

9FE9FAA5-D856-4D29-892D-754AA7658C9E.jpeg

I didn’t get what he was trying to say in this quote but appreciate it may make more sense with more context 

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I didn’t get what he was trying to say in this quote but appreciate it may make more sense with more context 

Full quotes and context in this article;

Interesting comment about looking at players between 22-32 and maybe a goalscorer outside that bracket, also says we haven’t really got a transfer budget but does have a budget to work with….ambiguous/confusing wording, think maybe we can’t spend much on fees after all? 

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Full quotes and context in this article;

Interesting comment about looking at players between 22-32 and maybe a goalscorer outside that bracket, also says we haven’t really got a transfer budget but does have a budget to work with….ambiguous/confusing wording, think maybe we can’t spend much on fees after all? 

Ah yes, I just added that to your original PW pre-season interview thread.

The bit I hadn't quite got was

"I think I'm getting really close to getting one, I would ideally have four strikers (in the squad)..."

So unless Collins leaves it's now '3 better strikers rather than 4 average strikers' ie two more strikers and Collins. I'm just heading over to the Twitching thread now 😄 as there was also another bit where he said 

"I'm looking for players between 22 and 32 ideally. There might be the odd goal scorer who's outside of that bracket. That's the only thing. I just want players to come here, who want to be part of something who want to create something and, and they're the ones we're going for.

"So I've just signed really good people. I think really good footballers who give us a really good opportunity to do something and we'll continue to do that as best we can.

"Every club has its limitations. There are players I might be linked to, which are very unlikely because we have to get what we can afford."

That's Clarke-Harris out then? 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah yes, I just added that to your original PW pre-season interview thread.

The bit I hadn't quite got was

"I think I'm getting really close to getting one, I would ideally have four strikers (in the squad)..."

So unless Collins leaves it's now '3 better strikers rather than 4 average strikers' ie two more strikers and Collins. I'm just heading over to the Twitching thread now 😄 as there was also another bit where he said 

"I'm looking for players between 22 and 32 ideally. There might be the odd goal scorer who's outside of that bracket. That's the only thing. I just want players to come here, who want to be part of something who want to create something and, and they're the ones we're going for.

"So I've just signed really good people. I think really good footballers who give us a really good opportunity to do something and we'll continue to do that as best we can.

"Every club has its limitations. There are players I might be linked to, which are very unlikely because we have to get what we can afford."

That's Clarke-Harris out then? 😄

Yeah that’s probably referring to Clarke Harris and Ladapo