Summer Rumour Mill

sage

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much do we reckon we'd get for compo if we keep Knighty for this season and then offer another contract but he signs for a.n.other club? Would it be around the same £1.5m?

I’ve looked into this several times given what’s happened to us over the last couple of years and annoyingly for domestic transfers there’s no set rules that I can find in the public domain. There are for FIFA’s player development compensation which is how it’s fairly certain we got about £400k for Buchanan.

The situation with Knight, if he were to stay this season and leave next year when his contract expires is seemingly down to what the two clubs would agree or it goes to tribunal who determine the amount. Examples out there are £6.5m for Danny Ings plus some future clauses when he left Burnley for Liverpool, £3.5m for Daniel Sturridge when he left Man City for Chelsea, and £1.5m plus a further £2.8m in add ons for Harvey Elliot leaving Fulham for Liverpool.

It’s hard to say for sure really what we’d get 😞 

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve looked into this several times given what’s happened to us over the last couple of years and annoyingly for domestic transfers there’s no set rules that I can find in the public domain. There are for FIFA’s player development compensation which is how it’s fairly certain we got about £400k for Buchanan.

The situation with Knight, if he were to stay this season and leave next year when his contract expires is seemingly down to what the two clubs would agree or it goes to tribunal who determine the amount. Examples out there are £6.5m for Danny Ings plus some future clauses when he left Burnley for Liverpool, £3.5m for Daniel Sturridge when he left Man City for Chelsea, and £1.5m plus a further £2.8m in add ons for Harvey Elliot leaving Fulham for Liverpool.

It’s hard to say for sure really what we’d get 😞 

Think I’d rule out most of those figures for JK 

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Think I’d rule out most of those figures for JK 

Yeah agreed, those figures were set by the tribunal too. As to what criteria they consider I don’t know, could be they determine Knight’s number of appearances and international caps means he’s worth more to us than a 16 year old Harvey Elliott was to Fulham, however Fulham and Liverpool were both at a higher level than we are at that time and he was rated as one of the most exciting young players coming through, plus the “English” tax may come into it. 
There’s no real way of saying what we’d get for Knight so the club has a choice I guess of taking as much money as they can now, or keeping him here and hoping either we go up and can extend his contract or when he leaves on a free we get a reasonable fee at that stage. 
Sensible decision in my view would be to sell him now, spark a bidding war to get the price up as much as possible and add in a future sell on clause, then wish Knight well. Bank some of the cash and reinvest some. 

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yeah agreed, those figures were set by the tribunal too. As to what criteria they consider I don’t know, could be they determine Knight’s number of appearances and international caps means he’s worth more to us than a 16 year old Harvey Elliott was to Fulham, however Fulham and Liverpool were both at a higher level than we are at that time and he was rated as one of the most exciting young players coming through, plus the “English” tax may come into it. 
There’s no real way of saying what we’d get for Knight so the club has a choice I guess of taking as much money as they can now, or keeping him here and hoping either we go up and can extend his contract or when he leaves on a free we get a reasonable fee at that stage. 
Sensible decision in my view would be to sell him now, spark a bidding war to get the price up as much as possible and add in a future sell on clause, then wish Knight well. Bank some of the cash and reinvest some. 

image.png.369a1ce38a7f201b0e185da83bae126c.png

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Florists are about to sell Panzo to Glasgow Rangers for £2.5 mill. One game for them and 29 on loan at Coventry. He has been in the England squads from 17-21’s winning a World Cup. Does this mean he is worth more - as the Republic have several lower league players?The market will find its own level.

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Florists are about to sell Panzo to Glasgow Rangers for £2.5 mill. One game for them and 29 on loan at Coventry. He has been in the England squads from 17-21’s winning a World Cup. Does this mean he is worth more - as the Republic have several lower league players?The market will find its own level.

No, it doesn’t mean he’s worth more. I was responding to questions about the amount of compensation we would be due for Knight if he saw his contract out and left on a free, citing examples of other players who have done the same and had the fee determined by an independent tribunal. I don’t believe a tribunal would award us “big” money for Knight based on what precedent has been set previously.
My overall point based on that information was to get the best monetary value for Knight we are better selling him at whatever premium we can get from competing suitors this summer than waiting to see what a tribunal may decide.

Taking personal views out of it for the moment and looking objectively at things, Premier League F*rest being able to sell a player who has played in the top leagues in France and Belgium, along with the championship and has a contract until 2025 could potentially determine the market value they are able to get for him as being higher than what we as a league one club can get for Irish international Jason Knight who only has a year left on his deal. 
To be clear, I think Knight has value and have said so in other places on the forum. However as you rightly say the market does find its own level, and typically there is an unjustified premium on English players compared to others. That’s all I was referring to.

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

They’ve done very well to keep those names so quiet not one genuine leak is a good effort 

Yeah, you're right, although I do think one or two are going to be names who we have been linked with. 

My guesses would be Bradley and/or Flint, and I do reckon there's something in the Bonis story.

With knight all loyalty aside you’ll get what people are prepared to pay for him.

he’s versatile, a full Ireland international and still young however , he has an undetermined position , doesn’t assist or score near enough and has hardly set the championship or league 1 alight therefore, I’d guess the following.

Bristol opening bid £1.25m rejected 

Bristol last bid £2m + add ons accepted 

22 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Yeah, you're right, although I do think one or two are going to be names who we have been linked with. 

My guesses would be Bradley and/or Flint, and I do reckon there's something in the Bonis story.

I’m going for a double signing tomorrow or Monday 

1st - Sonny Bradley 

2nd -flint 

next week we’ll sign a striker one that might surprise you 

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

1st - Sonny Bradley 

2nd -flint 

Sheffield United Soccer GIF by Sheffield United Football Club

Now that would surprise mei

7 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

1st - Sonny Bradley 

2nd -flint 

I'm not sure we'll go for both Bradley and Flint. Both the wrong side of 30 and basically play the same role in a back 3.

Also, I think we'd have the slowest defence in the league with Cashin - Bradley - Flint 😂

Not seen many clubs linked with Sam Smith, formerly of Cambridge, either. He'd be a good addition.

39 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Hope it’s not Flint…just can’t see him setting the world on fire 🤔

I agree. I think there’s a few already in the bag. I mean you’d expect rumours and agents drumming up business for players like Bradley and flint if they hadnt already signed, but I haven’t seen much chatter about them going anywhere. Just a feeling, and I could be wrong, as I don’t go all over other teams boards for their rumours  

6 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I agree. I think there’s a few already in the bag. I mean you’d expect rumours and agents drumming up business for players like Bradley and flint if they hadnt already signed, but I haven’t seen much chatter about them going anywhere. Just a feeling, and I could be wrong, as I don’t go all over other teams boards for their rumours  

Charlton are in for Flint but that’s the only one I’ve seen.