Summer Rumour Mill

sage

22 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

@MillenniumramWhat don't they like? V.concerning if true. Although, let's not forget, he has formed successful squads in the past.

I smell bull-crap spread about by people upset because no signings announced yet. Anyone needs me I'll be outside pridepark tomorrow with a stock of razor blades for the wrist-slashers ....okay ?

54 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Heard ages ago that he didn’t want to stay here. Wasn’t so much Notts County (in spite of his nice message), more that he doesn’t want to play for Paul Warne. Was the case with many of our targets in January as well. Players don’t like his management style.

The same has players sign for other clubs because they do not like Peps style and Jurgen style..... It's called personal choice. 

15 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Rodrigues allegedly going Oxford, I imagine this is the player Nixon was referring to. 

Hard to say too much without knowing the contracts offered but if we’ve been beaten to the punch by Oxford then we need a good slap.

I'm not one for doom and gloom but yeah, if we can't convince someone that they are better off here than at Oxford then we've got problems.

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Rodrigues allegedly going Oxford, I imagine this is the player Nixon was referring to. 

Hard to say too much without knowing the contracts offered but if we’ve been beaten to the punch by Oxford then we need a good slap.

Maybe Didzy put him off!

59 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

If Rodriques feels Oxford is a better move for him than us I’m not sure I’m that bothered about him coming TBF! I think him choosing them over us would say far more about the player than PW. Maybe he knows his level?

There's one semi-reliable poster at our end who seems to think he's coming. But none of our media have picked up on anything yet (though they rarely do). The one "gospel" poster has yet to make any comment and the people I'd trust are yet to comment.

Would be something very ironic about Rodrigues choosing us considering he was initially identified by a certain former head of recruitment after his first full season at Notts.

Warne and Manning's default styles are quite different. Manning's certainly a closer match to Notts County's from last season. That's about the only thing I can think that might sway it at this point in time. I suppose he might be a guaranteed starter for us as well, whereas I'd expect you guys to sign enough players to have a good choice now you have the restrictions lifted.
Probably sold him the whole new stadium is coming vision as well, not that he'll be around to see it if he does well.

Edited by CaptainOx