Summer Rumour Mill

sage

42 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I miss @SuperDerbySuperRams. There must be someone who is ITK ? @Big Trav let’s be avin you.

SuperDerbySuperRams was the one. He used to get pretty much everything right. Until he was convinced we were signing Callum O'Dowda and he ended up at Bristol City.

To be fair to him, I think the deal was lined up and we were waiting to sell Hendrick and O'Dowda lost patience.

Glad we’ve got all that pesky football out of the way and we can start looking forward to the real reason we love this sport…

The Summer Transfer Window opens Thursday! The summer sagas, the twists and turns, the crushing blows when a free agent goes elsewhere, the highs when we see a Twitter announcement from the club, the disappointment when tweet literally anything else that’s not a signing, Imminent!, 48 hours!, what will be the journalistic buzzword this year?, what Twitter account can we trust, will Nixon show any form or consistency?, when will Barry the Ram turn up?

Best time of year!

😉

24 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Glad we’ve got all that pesky football out of the way and we can start looking forward to the real reason we love this sport…

The Summer Transfer Window opens Thursday! The summer sagas, the twists and turns, the crushing blows when a free agent goes elsewhere, the highs when we see a Twitter announcement from the club, the disappointment when tweet literally anything else that’s not a signing, Imminent!, 48 hours!, what will be the journalistic buzzword this year?, what Twitter account can we trust, will Nixon show any form or consistency?, when will Barry the Ram turn up?

Best time of year!

😉

Wednesday June 14th I believe 😁

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

SuperDerbySuperRams was the one. He used to get pretty much everything right. Until he was convinced we were signing Callum O'Dowda and he ended up at Bristol City.

To be fair to him, I think the deal was lined up and we were waiting to sell Hendrick and O'Dowda lost patience.

Not claiming to be an ITK at all, but this one I was ITK on. 

Everything was ready for him to sign, he already had property in the area and was all but done. like a lot of signings, there just wasn’t enough to get the deal over the line in time and someone came in for him. 

Think he still owns some property in the area following this 

45 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

the highs when we see a Twitter announcement from the club, the disappointment when tweet literally anything else that’s not a signing, Imminent!, 48 hours!

It'll be interesting to see if I develop some kind of nervous twitch, when see the words "48 hours" in a news article about Derby. Likewise the Derby Telegraph headline: "Derby manager issues transfer update that will send fans into raptures", which will either be Warne saying: "I know who I want to sign", or a story back from when we signed Rob Hindmarch or something...

5 hours ago, ram59 said:

We did alright out of Tom Ince as well, we made a few million on him and replaced him with Lawrence at half the price, decent business overall, I thought.

It was. Those 3 i mentioned were just big money (for the time) that really we’re a true hit and our best “big money” signings i can think of 

shilton.. oustanding

sanders outstanding 

stimac simply world class

no ifs and buts 

ince and co dont hold a torch to those 3 in terms of value for money 

10 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

It was. Those 3 i mentioned were just big money (for the time) that really we’re a true hit and our best “big money” signings i can think of 

shilton.. oustanding

sanders outstanding 

no ifs and buts 

I didn’t think Shilton was anything beyond a “nominal fee”.

The big fuss was that we were paying him something like £6k a week.

19 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I didn’t think Shilton was anything beyond a “nominal fee”.

The big fuss was that we were paying him something like £6k a week.

Pretty sure he was 1m pound signing… although i could be wrong 

edit: i am wrong … dean saunders was our first 1m signing 

Edited by NottsRam77

11 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

shilton.. oustanding

sanders outstanding 

no ifs and buts 

I’d add Mark Wright to those 3.

He was the big transfer fee of the deal with Southampton, Shilton probably bigger wages.

Thought he was a classy defender, had a way of organising the defence around him.

And I think we made money on him too.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We have been linked with a Arsneal player swiss international begins with a X but I cant spell his name.

B4, this account is a joke account on Twitter, they make up transfer rumours that are (in theory) too hard to believe;

We are NOT going to be signing a Swiss International midfielder who has played games week in week out during Arsenal’s premier league title challenge and is likely moving to a big club in Germany when his contract expires. Don’t believe everything you see on Twitter. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

B4, this account is a joke account on Twitter, they make up transfer rumours that are (in theory) too hard to believe;

We are NOT going to be signing a Swiss International midfielder who has played games week in week out during Arsenal’s premier league title challenge and is likely moving to a big club in Germany when his contract expires. Don’t believe everything you see on Twitter. 

I throught it seemed odd but derby being derby you never ever ever know.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I throught it seemed odd but derby being derby you never ever ever know.

I think with this one, we do know. Xhaka’s weekly wage is probably close to if not more than our entire squad’s wages put together. He is an international midfielder who plays week in, week out at the top level of football, he will not be moving down 2 divisions to join Derby County, no matter how much we all love the club.